GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Prometheus (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22179)

Fox 6 03-22-2012 09:07 PM

Prometheus

I am looking forward to this. Anybody else? Ridley Scott's much anticipated return to Sci Fi. It takes place in the same universe as Alien. But I dont think this is a prequel as previously thought.

KillerGremlin 03-22-2012 10:13 PM

Re: Prometheus

Yeah, I have a giant nerd boner. The Alien Trilogy is one of my favorites...but nothing touches the original Alien. Yeah, Aliens may have moments that outshine Alien, but Alien is just a fucking masterwork in cinema.

Combine 017 03-23-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerGremlin (Post 282362)
Yeah, I have a giant nerd boner. The Alien Trilogy is one of my favorites...

Quadrilogy.

Angrist 03-23-2012 08:51 AM

So where did you hear it's not a prequel? It seems to be about the ship that they found in Alien (and Aliens). It even has the Mala'kak ('elephant creature') in the big chair.

I do want to know if there will actually be Aliens in this movie. If not, that will be such a huge disappointment.

Fox 6 03-23-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 282367)
So where did you hear it's not a prequel? It seems to be about the ship that they found in Alien (and Aliens). It even has the Mala'kak ('elephant creature') in the big chair.

I do want to know if there will actually be Aliens in this movie. If not, that will be such a huge disappointment.

Ridley himself has said that it has the 'Same DNA' as alien but its not a true prequel. I dont think it would be a disappointment at all. I think it may upset a lot of people if they touch the source material.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/12/01...-studio-chief/

Fox 6 03-23-2012 01:37 PM

You should check the Wikipedia article on it, has a lot more details. It was originally going to be a prequel, but the script was rewritten and the movie changed. From the sounds of it, the movie will focus more on the jockey species an less on the xenomorphs. From watching the trailer there is an alien type carving in a wall or something but it doesn't look like you'll see an actual xenomorph.

Angrist 03-23-2012 05:53 PM

(Without having read the Wikipedia article: )

Hm, I guess it wouldn't be possible that the humans found a living 'Jockey' in the same ship as Alien 1. That one was so old that it was fossilized.

I'm really awaiting the reviews for this one. I fear it may have more hype than actual content.

KillerGremlin 03-23-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Combine 017 (Post 282365)
Quadrilogy.

I feel like Resurrection is kind of an odd man out type film, but fair enough.

Combine 017 03-23-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerGremlin (Post 282372)
I feel like Resurrection is kind of an odd man out type film, but fair enough.

I preferred Resurrection over Aliens 3.

Fox 6 03-23-2012 07:10 PM

I felt meh for both. 3 for killing off newt and Hicks. And resurrection well....... because it was horrible.

Angrist 03-23-2012 07:10 PM

3 and R were both terrible. 3 didn't have characters you could care about, R just didn't take itself serious.

I saw Alien and Aliens a few weeks ago. I really thought Alien was boring. Aliens is still awesome. :D

Neo 04-02-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 282378)
I really thought Alien was boring. Aliens is still awesome. :D

Give it time. It grows on you.

Kind of like how the alien fetus grows inside you.

Angrist 04-02-2012 12:01 PM

Don't get me wrong, I loved Alien the first 3 times I saw it. But last time... it was just so slow until there was finally some action in the end.

Neo 04-02-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 282526)

Unless you're talking about AvP, in which the aliens gestated at super speed - Likely due to genetic modification on the part of the Predators, and in no way related to script deficiencies.

Teuthida 10-13-2012 04:26 AM