GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   The Dark Knight Rises (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21310)

BreakABone 01-20-2011 11:08 AM

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginkasa (Post 274724)
So.. How's Bane going to work? Are they really going to give him super strength Is he going to be uber buff? I see him being more of a problem with Nolan's style than Catwoman...

I think like any character, boil him down to his bare essentials.

He isn't unhumanely strong (when not on the juice) so you just need a really muscular build

Which I think Hardy can pull off.

Make him a mob or police enforcer/hired gun, which again fits in with the Nolanverse and wouldn't stray too far from the source.

The real problem is how they deal with venom, which I can see being a drug of sort that kind of gives him an adrenaline boost.

Teuthida 01-20-2011 12:12 PM

Bane's a sweetiepie.

KillerGremlin 01-21-2011 07:34 PM

With the cash-in title, and the history of trequels in general (especially comic book ones), I am already dumbing down my expectations. I know Nolan has yet to make a bad movie, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I just wonder where you go with this franchise after making two exceptionally above-average films that happen to be centered around a comic book superhero.

I'm curious, btw, to see if Maggie Gyllenhaal makes an appearance. I had heard from word of mouth that she had a contract for two Batman movies with Nolan. And her body/death was never really confirmed in The Dark Knight. That....could be interesting?

BreakABone 01-21-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerGremlin (Post 274746)
With the cash-in title, and the history of trequels in general (especially comic book ones), I am already dumbing down my expectations. I know Nolan has yet to make a bad movie, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I just wonder where you go with this franchise after making two exceptionally above-average films that happen to be centered around a comic book superhero.

I'm curious, btw, to see if Maggie Gyllenhaal makes an appearance. I had heard from word of mouth that she had a contract for two Batman movies with Nolan. And her body/death was never really confirmed in The Dark Knight. That....could be interesting?

There's no way she ISN'T dead, if she does make an appearance it is probably to haunt Bruce in his dreams or something.

BreakABone 01-23-2011 09:42 PM

The Germanator 02-02-2011 08:56 PM

http://www.pinkisthenewblog.com/2011...-knight-rises/

Joseph Gordon Levitt added...I like him a lot as an actor...who will he play?

Vampyr 02-03-2011 09:29 AM

Hmmm....Riddler?

Fox 6 02-03-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampyr (Post 274961)
Hmmm....Riddler?

More precisely Edward Nigma, to set him up for the next film? Or dare I say............................ ROBIN!

BreakABone 02-03-2011 10:58 AM

I don't see him playing another villain and Nolan has claimed this is his last Batman film so I don't see him setting up a future villain.

I have him playing either a new DA (Gotham always seems to run low on them) or a new member of the mob (perhaps a Falcone successor)

BreakABone 03-20-2011 06:58 PM

And I was right!

JGL is playing Alberto Falcone in The Dark Knight Rises!

BreakABone 05-20-2011 11:32 AM

Bane

Teuthida 05-20-2011 11:47 AM

Needs to be more lunchador, less Sub-Zero.

I'm more interested in that thing in the shadows. Is that an eye or a camera?

Ginkasa 05-20-2011 04:25 PM

I think they've consolidated the venom delivery system with the mask which is why it looks less luchadory.

BreakABone 07-11-2011 11:18 PM

First poster

And trailer due with Potter on Fri

Teuthida 07-12-2011 11:13 PM