GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Last movies you saw (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17099)

The Germanator 07-25-2009 02:38 PM

Re: Last movies you saw

I finally watched There Will Be Blood last night on Blu-Ray no less. Amazing film. Daniel Day Lewis is a cold blooded dude and very good at acting that way. I just really liked the flow and the whole story, very good.

Teuthida 07-25-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 254758)
Amazingly awesome, that's interesting.
Is that amazing + awesome? I suppose it's amazing x awesome.
Or maybe it's amazing how awesome it is. It doesn't mean that it was amazing, just awesome in an amazing way.

Then again, if something isn't awesome at all, that would be pretty amazing as well. "It wasn't awesome, which was amazing! It was amazingly awesome!"

You'll never know.

Angrist 07-26-2009 01:42 PM

The Usual Suspects. 8/10. Still good, although it's not as great as the first time seeing it. But it deserved a 2nd one.

Seth 07-26-2009 03:25 PM

that Ping Pong movie looks good.

The Hudsucker Proxy - Pretty good. 1994 coens.

Sexy Beast (2000) Ben Kingsley gangster meanness It was ok.

Porco Rosso !! I love this Miyazaki film.

Teuthida 07-26-2009 03:58 PM

Remember really liking The Hudsucker Proxy. Been a while. Deserves another viewing.

Porco Rosso is the only Miyazaki film I haven't seen...well that and his first one. Time to finally watch!

The Germanator 07-27-2009 12:14 AM

Finally went to see Up today in the theaters. It was awesome as expected. I can't help but imagine what the little kids in the theater were thinking during that first bit though. There were some pretty heavy emotional things happening there and I wondered whether it registered with them or not. Either way, once again Pixar does well.

Dyne 07-28-2009 03:44 AM

Public Enemies, finally.

I really loved it - I loved the initial billing because of Bale, Depp and Michael Mann (the Miami Vice guy) but it surpassed my expectations.

I dig the digital film he uses, which helps the most in his gunfight sequences. Not to mention that his gunfights are actually convincing as well as cool.

Teuthida 07-29-2009 02:03 PM

Porco Rosso

Damn that was surprisingly good. Well, I shouldn't have been surprised. It's Miyazaki after all. The concept just never appealed to me which is why it took so long for me to see it. And I love how his baddies usually end up to be very likable characters.

Angrist 08-01-2009 04:33 PM

Breakfast At Tiffany's. 7/10.
Nice, but I don't really see what the big fuzz is about. The song is better than the movie. :-)

Seth 08-01-2009 05:07 PM

Billy Wilder's The Apartment > Breakfast at Tiffany's
Made a year earlier, it's got Jack Lemmon. It's better.

Recently started watching Jpod. Based on the novel by douglas coupland. Highly recommend if you like things of a Canadian nature.

Professor S 08-03-2009 10:49 AM

One, Two, Three by Wilder starring James Cagney. Incredibly fast paced and witty cold war satire. Instantly one of my favorite movies.

BreakABone 08-04-2009 04:22 AM

Zombie Strippers

Was Awesome.

Angrist 08-04-2009 04:38 AM

Pleasure Tranet. I mean Treasure Planet. 7/10.
Pretty entertaining Disney movie! Likable characters, sweet hoverboarding action. And the Treasure Island story, which I didn't really know yet. In space this time.

Swan 08-04-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakABone (Post 254969)
Zombie Strippers

Was Awesome.

So awesome

Angrist 08-06-2009 04:00 PM

Armageddon in HD. 8/10
Still a great movie. Somehow I was pretty emotionally attached. The visual effects were up to par with today's standards. That probably means movie visuals haven't improved in the last 10 years. Which probably means that it's not needed/possible. :)