GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Last movies you saw (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17099)

Fox 6 01-21-2008 09:11 PM

Re: Last movies you saw

Sunshine was about saving the Earth, not just about finding the first ship. It had nothing to do with crazy supernatural stuff either, more to do with the human minds ability to deal with the unique condition they faced, and the results of what can happen when faced with such a burden.

Ginkasa 01-21-2008 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor S (Post 216236)
Actually I Am Legend is a remake of the Omega Man which was a remake of The Last Man on Earth (great movie) which was a filmed version of the novel I Am Legend. Your were close, though, and by close I mean miles away.

Is the movie I Am Legend a remake of The Last Man on Earth and The Omega Man, or just another adaptation of the I Am Legend novel?

Perfect Stu 01-22-2008 10:19 AM

Saw 'No Country for Old Men' a few days ago...I thought it was excellent. Acting and direction were as sharp as any movie I've seen in the past few years.

And Disturbia is obviously a modern remake of 'Rear Window'. There is no denying it.

Angrist 01-26-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 216184)
Saw Ichi the Killer last night. It was good but to be honest I was expecting it to be much more violent. I was actually a bit disappointed but other then that I enjoyed it

Disappointed because a movie wasn't as violent as hoped... :(

Typhoid 01-26-2008 01:52 PM

I am about to watch 3:10 to Yuma, and Hot Fuzz.

I shall report.

Swan 01-26-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 216465)
Disappointed because a movie wasn't as violent as hoped... :(

I'm.....sorry?

But yeah, I just checked out Logans Run last night. It was quite neat

Swan 01-27-2008 06:40 PM

JUst want to see Rambo with Foxxy and a friend. It was good, violent, but a little too short.

Professor S 01-27-2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginkasa (Post 216263)
Is the movie I Am Legend a remake of The Last Man on Earth and The Omega Man, or just another adaptation of the I Am Legend novel?

I think the most recent filmed version borrowed heavily from the novel and the first movie (The Last Man on Earth), starring Vincent Price. My point was that the movie had essentially been done before and before the movies it was a novel.

Jason1 01-28-2008 12:36 AM

I just saw Rambo, not because I wanted to, but because I had little choice in the matter.

It was mildly entertaining. 5/10.

Perfect Stu 01-28-2008 04:20 PM

saw Cloverfield...it was alright. if you want to see this movie, see it in theatres...i can imagine it would be much less entertaining on the small screen. sit as far away from the screen as you can.

3/5

GameMaster 01-28-2008 07:03 PM

I'm slowly making my way through Season 2 of The L Word.

I'm also on the last season of Oz but the torrent is so poor in quality that I'm going to have to rent it from my local Blockbuster.

Fox 6 01-29-2008 09:32 PM

"This Film is Not Yet Rated"

ALL YOU AMERICANS ARE BLINDED BY THE MPAA!!!!!!!!!!

:P

Seriously, a scary good picture about the film rating system in the US.

DeathsHand 01-29-2008 11:44 PM

I saw Juno...
It was alright I guess, but I'm sorta getting tired of all these indie "check out our lovably quirky characters who like to drop band names and dish out the occasional life lesson" flicks...

But the movie was, I must say, lovably quirky...

Perfect Stu 01-30-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsHand (Post 216564)
but I'm sorta getting tired of all these indie "check out our lovably quirky characters who like to drop band names and dish out the occasional life lesson" flicks...

manasecret 01-30-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfect Stu (Post 216574)

Oh, that guy! He's so lovably quirky.

Oh oh oh wait, I see what you did there. Well played my friend, I shall owe you a pint.