GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   COVID Year 2 (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22890)

BreakABone 12-14-2021 10:47 PM

COVID Year 2

I was wondering how folks are dealing as we near the 2nd calendar year living with this.

I thought I was doing mostly fine, but today just kind of broke me as I hear of cases rising in NYC again, a friend got it, and some others.

I'm like doing everything I need to do and... I don't know what else to do.

Ginkasa 01-05-2022 03:46 PM

Re: COVID Year 2

Its stressful. Its like everytime we think we have some good news it does a heel turn. My wife and I got vaccinated and we thought that would effectively be the end of it, but then Delta! My kids got vaccinated and my wife and I got boosters and we're ready to go out into the world again, but Omicron!

In my state as far as infections go its actually worse than its ever been. The only silver lining is that Omicron is maybe (or maybe not? hard to keep track) more mild in general and those who are vaccinated at least are generally just getting cold symptoms. I've got fingers crossed that we really are on the tail end of this thing, but who knows.

BlueFire 01-21-2022 09:00 AM

Hope you guys are well. My entire family got covid over Christmas. My wife and I were spared, somehow. They're all vaccinated and mostly had mild cold/flu symptoms. My antivax cousin caught it in early January and developed pneumonia. She's OK now after a round of antibiotics and steroids but still pretty weak, lol.

Mentally, I'm very much over this whole thing as I'm sure everyone else is. But this really has been such a mask off moment for people. It really feels like the pandemic broke a lot of peoples' brains.

GameMaster 02-11-2022 02:42 AM

Still alive!

You think anyone here from the old days perished? Its a chilling thought.

I just responded to an old PM from Angrist/Canyarion. It would be great to resurrect the community here as a refreshing alternative to social media wasteland that has taken over the internet.

Probably need to update vBulletin or utilize something new. I think there's a /r/gametavern too but there's something enchanting about this place.

Ginkasa 02-11-2022 11:56 AM

Hey GM.

I heavily doubt GameTavern could ever be revived as it was for a multitude of reasons, but that said I do miss the message board/forum space. Social media is too focused on generating content and hot takes and really doesn't fill the same discussion space as message boards do. And despite how cringey we all were as idiot teenagers, there was a sense of community here that came from interacting with the same group of posters each day even behind screen names and avatars. Places like reddit and twitter feel much more like talking to strangers in comparison.

BreakABone 02-14-2022 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameMaster (Post 286997)
Still alive!

You think anyone here from the old days perished? Its a chilling thought.

I just responded to an old PM from Angrist/Canyarion. It would be great to resurrect the community here as a refreshing alternative to social media wasteland that has taken over the internet.

Probably need to update vBulletin or utilize something new. I think there's a /r/gametavern too but there's something enchanting about this place.

I believe the forum is too old that if you were to upgrade it, would lose all of its historical content or something.

I know Vamp explained this year's ago.

There's also a Facebook group if you use that

Teuthida 03-04-2022 03:32 PM

I get nostalgic for forums every so often and seek them out but I've yet to come across any with frequent recent posts. It's like wandering into ghost town after ghost town.

I do still post on a pretty much dead comic book art one which has the latest version of vBulletin but it's very fickle marking things as spam if you edit a post and and other such things like that. I do have an ongoing thread going back to 2013 though, so I'm not sure what the cut off date is for losing content.

I'm personally still waiting for this whole social media fad to end.

Zen 05-04-2022 07:49 PM

Why do I keep coming back here?

Am I in love with you people?

Jason1 05-07-2022 05:14 PM

1st post since 2019! I have never gotten covid to my knowledge. I did get sick in Mexico a few months ago but that was from drinking the water. Got tested the day before I left and was negative.

BlueFire 10-05-2022 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teuthida (Post 287000)
I get nostalgic for forums every so often and seek them out but I've yet to come across any with frequent recent posts. It's like wandering into ghost town after ghost town.

I do still post on a pretty much dead comic book art one which has the latest version of vBulletin but it's very fickle marking things as spam if you edit a post and and other such things like that. I do have an ongoing thread going back to 2013 though, so I'm not sure what the cut off date is for losing content.

I'm personally still waiting for this whole social media fad to end.

very much with you on that. i hate social media a lot