GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Nerds on the Rocks/Dual Wielding FeedBack (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20994)

Teuthida 04-22-2010 02:49 PM

Re: Nerds on the Rocks Episode 2

1 Attachment(s)
itunes placeholder until I have time to do something better.

The final will probably be something like this with items in the cubes such as a controller, a superhero or comicbook, and.....any ideas for how to depict movies/tv?

Bube 04-23-2010 03:51 AM

Re: GT Podcast Round 2

Use your Rock Band mics people! :p

magus113 04-23-2010 09:56 AM

I like it! The other idea sounds pretty awesome too.

BreakABone 04-23-2010 12:49 PM

I love the banner right now, but curious what else he has up his sleeves.

Anyhow, Keaton may or may not be around this weekend, he'll let us know later. So we may need 1 or 2 people to fill in this week.

Anyone game-d?

Topics of choice ATM is going to be Video game Cartoons and Marvel vs Capcom 3 roster speculation.

magus113 04-23-2010 02:05 PM

I'm not gonna be able to record unless it's like, Sunday. I'm out of the house tonight and I have a Porcupine Tree concert tomorrow.

Teuthida 04-23-2010 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How about-- yeah, I suppose not...

Bube 04-23-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magus113 (Post 267642)
I have a Porcupine Tree concert tomorrow.

No. No. No. No. No. I want to cry right now.

magus113 04-24-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bube (Post 267647)
No. No. No. No. No. I want to cry right now.

What? Why?

BreakABone 04-24-2010 12:48 PM

So how does Sunday afternoons for recordings for everyone sounds?

I mean it should be late enough in the day that if you had too much fun on Saturday, you've recovered.

And early enough that you don't feel the sting of Monday mornings coming.

And it also gives us a clear idea of where the week went with news.

magus113 04-24-2010 01:25 PM

I might have to redownload my Skype recording app, I left my laptop charger at work because I'm a genius like that. Might as well do that now.

KillerGremlin 04-24-2010 04:07 PM

Is there a way to have more natural conversations, I feel like it is way too polite with everyone letting one person speak for a long time and then swapping conversation roles. Also, I know this is Gametavern but why not throw in some politics and media (Movies/Music) talk. And comic stuff is always good by me.

Again, I'll plan on contributing come summer...so in like 3 weeks.

magus113 04-25-2010 10:04 PM

Well since the podcast never ended up coming around by this weekend I'd definitely like to look into recording at some point this week. Tuesdays and Thursdays are good for me during the day and night, and Monday/Wednesday are good for me for nights only. I figure we might want and get a set date and time narrowed down early on for the sake of this week and future recordings as well.

Also Keaton, we're having some trouble finding out where you are man! You were a good host for the first ep but we gotta know when you're around.

If you're gonna have trouble with accessibility just let us know so we can possibly look into getting a replacement host for an episode or two in advance.

uber_paddler 04-25-2010 10:22 PM

I'm good to go whenever everyone else is. Of course, I'm scared to say anything else for fear Roy Mustang will fry my punk ass.

magus113 04-25-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uber_paddler (Post 267744)
I'm good to go whenever everyone else is. Of course, I'm scared to say anything else for fear Roy Mustang will fry my punk ass.

I would be afraid too. Fuckin' guy is crazy.

Bube 04-26-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magus113 (Post 267675)
What? Why?

Because PT is my favorite band ever, and I've never had a chance to see them.. If only they'd come here, anywhere in the country..

magus113 04-26-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bube (Post 267777)
Because PT is my favorite band ever, and I've never had a chance to see them.. If only they'd come here, anywhere in the country..

Aw man I'm sorry to hear...I know it's not a great comfort to hear it but at least the show was great! They performed The Incident in it's entirety and a bunch of other old shit.

It was also the first time they've come to Miami so it's taken them a pretty long time for them to get the hell over here.

Bube 04-27-2010 09:22 AM

I've never heard of their shows being anything less than great :(

Glad to hear at least one fan here got to see PT :)

I'd love to hear Anesthetize, btw..

magus113 04-27-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bube (Post 267819)
I've never heard of their shows being anything less than great :(

Glad to hear at least one fan here got to see PT :)

I'd love to hear Anesthetize, btw..

They started playing Russia on Ice and then out of nowhere in the middle of it they threw out Anesthetize. It was pretty epic.

BreakABone 04-27-2010 04:12 PM

So for the time being, we can assume that Keaton has gone AWOL, so is there anyone else who wants to step into the shoes of host for a bit?

Granted, we didn't really work out with the rotation either. I don't know

magus113 04-27-2010 04:37 PM

I don't mind stepping in, I can be a regular host if the situation arises.

BreakABone 04-27-2010 11:55 PM

Okay since last week went without a podcast, we shall shelve the idea of a video game cartoon episode.

This week's episode will be a look at the summer movie season with the first major release of Iron Man 2 out next week, we look at the big movies, what we expect to be good, and wha we expect to bomb. Etc

dietele 04-28-2010 12:30 AM

I'm totally down for a Summer Movie show. I'm new to the whole community, and the concept of being part of a podcast, but I'm still in.

I don't know what the recording schedules are like, but I can probably make myself available if given enough notice.

magus113 04-28-2010 05:59 PM

Anyone down to do a recording tomorrow? I've got most of the day and a quick job interview at 5.

uber_paddler 04-28-2010 06:44 PM

Again, I'm not the best person to talk about upcoming movies, but if no one else is going to do it then I can.

BreakABone 04-28-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uber_paddler (Post 267923)
Again, I'm not the best person to talk about upcoming movies, but if no one else is going to do it then I can.

That's cool, I think you can sit this one out, if not mistaken. I think we have Magus, Xantar and Dietle. (And Keaton if he shows up)

And just so everyone is on the same page, most major movies

Iron Man 2
Robin Hood
MacGruber
Shrek Forever
Prince of Persia
Sex and the City 2
The A-Team
The Karate Kid
Jonah Hex
Toy Story 3
Twilight 3 (this can't be right?)
The Last Airbender
Predators
Inception
The Expendables

Feel free to add any

Teuthida 04-28-2010 11:46 PM

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Knight and Day
The Sorcerer's Apprentice

magus113 04-29-2010 02:37 PM

So topics for tonight's recording if people are down.

On Tap - Summer movies
Question of the week - Up for grabs. Any ideas?
Final Segment - Also up for grabs. Ideas people!

uber_paddler 04-29-2010 03:57 PM

You could always discuss the Activision and Bungie thing. That's pretty topical, and there's a whole bunch you could say about it.

magus113 04-29-2010 06:04 PM

On Tap - Summer movies
Question of the week - Activision and Bungie? Good idea? Bad idea?

Still need that last segment though. Could be about anything that anyone would be willing to throw out.

Teuthida 04-29-2010 10:54 PM

Perhaps some sort of trivia game? Nice way to engage the listeners methinketh.

BreakABone 04-29-2010 11:11 PM

I'm still fond of Keaton's idea of using the 3rd/final segment as a goofy question discussion.

Like, now that Marvel vs Capcom 3 has been announced, what's the next crossover you want to see happen

Something light-hearted like that.

And just so i'm clear, this week is going to be Xantar, Magus and Dietle if he shows up again?

magus113 04-29-2010 11:43 PM

I'm all for just throwing whatever out, but we need to know what whatever is before we start recording, and we need Xantar and Dietle to get a hold of me to set a time for recording. I'm out of town starting Saturday afternoon, but will be coming back Sunday.

My AIM s/n is there on the left if need be. I'm pretty sure I know Xantar's already though.

Xantar 04-30-2010 10:13 AM

I'm around this weekend. Just shoot me a line on AIM.

BreakABone 04-30-2010 06:09 PM

Hopefully you folks can record tonight, had some ideas from early wanted to share

I don't care about order of sessions so will use general terms

For the big topic of the week, I was thinking something like "House Special" as the name

For the general discussion of a big news story, "On Tap"

And for the random ender/question, was thinking "Off the Menu"

I mean you don't have to use, just some things.

As for topics, we're doing summer movie previews this week

Not sure what the following week is,

Think one week should be focused on video game movies (around the release of PoP)

Also think it will be interesting to do one about women in geek culture, how they are treated, why so few movies released for them that aren't like rom-coms and stuff.

Of course, e3 show in early June or so

Default 04-30-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakABone (Post 268052)
Think one week should be focused on video game movies (around the release of PoP)

Also think it will be interesting to do one about women in geek culture, how they are treated, why so few movies released for them that aren't like rom-coms and stuff.

Of course, e3 show in early June or so

Great topics. Especially game movies; a lot of movement there lately (SOTC, RE:A trailer, etc). Love the idea of one main focus per cast, and not being restricted by only game-related things.

magus113 04-30-2010 07:16 PM

Even if we can't record tonight I'm down for using some of those topics.

uber_paddler 04-30-2010 07:26 PM

If the E3 podcast takes place before or after E3 then I'm down for being on it. if it happens during E3 I won't be able to, since I'll, you know, be there.

dietele 04-30-2010 10:45 PM

I'm free any time Sunday afternoon, I'll be hanging out and studying for Finals so just let me know and I'll make the time. I don't know how this is done, so you guys will have to bear with me and fill me in on the process.

Any time from 12-5? Sunday works best because Saturday is FCBD and the weather is supposed to be beautiful.

magus113 05-01-2010 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dietele (Post 268069)
I'm free any time Sunday afternoon, I'll be hanging out and studying for Finals so just let me know and I'll make the time. I don't know how this is done, so you guys will have to bear with me and fill me in on the process.

Any time from 12-5? Sunday works best because Saturday is FCBD and the weather is supposed to be beautiful.

I won't be home Saturday so that actually kinda works out depending on when I get home. The best thing to do for right now would be to give me your AIM s/n and I can get a hold of you that way.

The way we record the podcast is over Skype, and then after we record it gets sent over to thatmariolover, who then edits it and puts it up for all to listen.

BreakABone 05-01-2010 12:44 PM

Okay, so I think shall go back to original idea of making Sundays recording time.

So rain or shine, whoever is here tomorrow shall be on the show.
Let's aim for 4-5 pm EST