GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Music (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Last shows you went to. (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19862)

jeepnut 10-08-2009 07:43 PM

Re: Last shows you went to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Typhoid (Post 257535)
Why?

Reason one: I was a big Creed fan back in the day.

Reason two: Free tickets.

Typhoid 10-09-2009 12:18 AM

Reason 2 trumps reason 1.;)

Teuthida 10-24-2009 08:58 AM

The Spinto Band

Good show and they did quite the awesome cover of Brazil. I really do like that bar but just wish their sound system was a bit better. I could hardly make out the witty banter between the songs. And Germie pointed out an interesting bit of trivia: everyone wearing a fedora is Canadian. This led to Penguin having fits of paranoia, tackling several hipsters out of "self defense".

Teuthida 11-24-2009 12:46 AM

Melt Banana

Boy that was intense. First show I've been to with a mosh pit. Was on the edge of it so just pushed folks back in who slammed into me. I feared for the safety of my glasses. Someone did lose a pair (as well as a hat) and they held them up between songs asking who's they were. There wasn't a body to be found. Dun dun dun. Fun time aside from constantly being on guard for flying elbows.

Oh, the music was good too. :)

EDIT: Someone just uploaded a video from yesterday. Not the best quality.

Angrist 11-24-2009 11:36 AM

Marit Larsen in Köln (Cologne), Germany. Was awesome. She recognized me, which was so sweet!

I'll post pictures when I have them.

Bube 11-24-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 260379)
Marit Larsen in Köln (Cologne), Germany. Was awesome. She recognized me, which was so sweet!

I'll post pictures when I have them.

Whoa, you went to Germany and got recognized by one of your favorite singers? That must be one of the best days ever :)

Angrist 11-25-2009 09:04 AM

Yeah it was a good night, but hardly my best ever. She's still just a singer. ;) After it was over, I had to spend the night in a hostel with terrible pillows. The venue had taken my bottle of water ( :confused: ). I woke up with a terrible headache. Walking to the train station didn't take too long, but I did not get to see many nice spots of Köln.

But it was worth it. :D I met another guy who has been a fan for 9 years. He was from El Salvador and was studying at a university in Germany. He was incredibly nice, and also excited about meeting Marit. :p

The show was great, but sadly she didn't play Don't Say You Love Me. Apparently it was never very big in Germany... and her crowd wouldn't understand it.

She talked about coming to Holland again! :D

Teuthida 02-14-2010 01:10 AM

Wow. Just wow. Got back a minute ago. Exhausted. So much energy. So much jumping. Going to be so sore tomorrow.

It's Kayo's (the female vocals/vocoder/ synthesizer) last tour before leaving the band and they're going on hiatus for a bit. The front man, Hayashi, went all out. Was teaching us Poly-speak, shooting balloons into the crowd, and had everyone doing jumping jacks.

Larger venue than last time and was 16+ instead of 21+ so that might have helped with the increase in energy. Insanely fun.

Angrist 02-15-2010 05:25 AM

Looks like fun. :)

My last show was Marit Lasen again... in January. :-o

Swan 02-16-2010 02:36 PM

Went to check out Daniel Wesley on Sunday at one of the free concerts.

Plan on going to a few more throughout the next little bit

manasecret 02-16-2010 03:05 PM

Getting to meet Cowboy Mouth at the plush Foundation Room at the House of Blues in Houston tonight for Mardi Gras. We did it last year, too.

Cowboy Mouth is a very fun band to experience live because they get the audience participating like no other, and the HOB is a great venue for that style.

Angrist, Marit recognized you? That would be awesome. How many shows have you been to of hers? I've been to quite a few Mouth concerts. Too bad they're all dudes except the bassist, who isn't that cute.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teuthida (Post 263418)

Wow. Just wow. Got back a minute ago. Exhausted. So much energy. So much jumping. Going to be so sore tomorrow.

It's Kayo's (the female vocals/vocoder/ synthesizer) last tour before leaving the band and they're going on hiatus for a bit. The front man, Hayashi, went all out. Was teaching us Poly-speak, shooting balloons into the crowd, and had everyone doing jumping jacks.

Larger venue than last time and was 16+ instead of 21+ so that might have helped with the increase in energy. Insanely fun.

They look like fun. What kind of music?

Teuthida 02-16-2010 06:06 PM

I guess new wave synth punk/pop.

This is the only video with any music from that night I could find. Only show I've been to where videotaping wasn't allowed, or at least enforced. A couple guards walked into the crowd to stop people early on. Looks like this is from the control booth. Second to last song of the night.

TheSlyMoogle 02-18-2010 04:49 PM

Saw Paramore and No Doubt last summer. Probably going to see them again in April since they're going to be like 10 minutes away from where I currently am in VA.

PARAMORE!

jeepnut 02-18-2010 11:00 PM

Saw Living Sacrifice tuesday night. Their drummer is a total beast behind the kit. And he's nearly 40!

Forgive the vocalist. It seems he's kinda losing his voice in this vid.

Angrist 02-19-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manasecret (Post 263495)
Angrist, Marit recognized you? That would be awesome. How many shows have you been to of hers? I've been to quite a few Mouth concerts. Too bad they're all dudes except the bassist, who isn't that cute.

Yeah we talked for a while in November. Didn't have that much time in January, so it was just a short chat and a hug (wasn't my but another guy's idea).
She follows me on Twitter too. Which probably means as much as 'she needed to add me to send me a few personal messages'.
Ehm I've seen her 4 times now.

I arranged an interview for the next time she's in Holland. :D