GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Chuck Vs The Almost Cancellation (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20461)

BreakABone 01-10-2010 06:39 PM

Chuck Vs The Almost Cancellation

Chuck returns for its third season tonight, I don't believe many on this site actually watch it, so it shall be me talking to myself, which happens so.

gekko 01-11-2010 02:35 AM

Re: Chuck Vs The Almost Cancellation

I watch Chuck. Just watched the season premiere(s) and it was decent. Interesting swap of roles that took place. Really kind of wondering how much longer this story can go, because this is already a bit of a stretch. But I never watched Chuck for the story ;)

BreakABone 01-11-2010 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gekko (Post 261941)
I watch Chuck. Just watched the season premiere(s) and it was decent. Interesting swap of roles that took place. Really kind of wondering how much longer this story can go, because this is already a bit of a stretch. But I never watched Chuck for the story ;)

Yeah the show knows its audience.

First time you see Sarah she is swimming in a pool, and comes out all wet.

And then there's the scene where she is in lingerine with the other chick. :lol:

The premieres were decent, but I find this story eh so far. Hopefully, it has more growth in it.

And poor Emett.

thatmariolover 01-11-2010 01:25 PM

It's not supposed to be real or even believable. Just close enough to be entertaining. And man, I was entertained by the premiere.

I just want to say: 'Go Morgan!'

BreakABone 01-12-2010 02:08 AM

Okay one... Nurse Sarah... mah gawd... I was... yeah... WOW
:drool: :drool:

But this episode was so much better, if only for the awesome cliffhanger (no pun) being ruined by the previews.

And Casey gets the best disguises

thatmariolover 01-12-2010 11:11 AM

Haha, when I realized she was going to need a nurse outfit my brain (see: penis) immediately grasped the implications.

And the fake mustaches on this show are so fantastically bad. I laugh every time I see them.

BreakABone 02-02-2010 03:50 PM

The show has been good this season, but yesterday was such an awesome episode.

And of course, we get Slutty Sarah. :)

KillerGremlin 05-27-2010 04:35 AM

Hey-ya, I'm finally getting into this show....I'm 6 episodes through season 1, and so far I'm loving it and wondering how this has escaped me for so long. Actually, the answer is school and apathy towards television.

I'm hoping to catch up by the end of summer which should be no problem. :)

Xantar 05-27-2010 08:12 PM

Have Jeff and Lester been killed yet?

KillerGremlin 06-11-2010 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xantar (Post 269303)
Have Jeff and Lester been killed yet?

Haha. I have to say, being that I am now 2 episodes into Season 3, that I am sooooooo glad the writers toned down the homoerotic relationship between Chuck and Morgan. The gay tones were ridiculous through Season 1, but the decision to make Morgan/Jeff/Lester the comedy-driving characters was imo a good move for the writers.

The writing is hit-or-miss IMO, but as noted already in this dead thread the show is entertaining and has good characters. What more could you want.

It's a weird thing because everything about the show makes me want to write it off, but I really really love this show. It's like the three stooges syndrome (and props for anyone who gets the reference :ohreilly: ).

KillerGremlin 06-11-2010 05:11 PM

I think another reason why Chuck and I are hitting it off so well is the show has some awesome music. For example:

BreakABone 06-11-2010 05:28 PM

LEt's be fair too, Sarah is hot.

The show is awesome especially if you are a fan of spy thrillers like Bond and stuff. And it speaks to a nerd audience in an intelligent way most of the time. And it helps that all the main characters are likeable.

Though I'm hoping the show comes to an end sooner rather than later.

Thought season 2, penultimate episode would have been a perfect series finale.