GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How's everyone holding up in the current situation? (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22874)

Ginkasa 03-26-2020 05:06 PM

How's everyone holding up in the current situation?

Crazy times these days. I know some people are hopeful but I think its probably only going to get worse before it gets better. How is everyone hanging in there?

I'm fortunate enough to be in an industry and with a company that can work entirely from home and is still needed during these times. I can ride out the storm fairly easily, but I feel for anyone who isn't as fortunate.

GameMaster 04-03-2020 12:57 PM

Re: How's everyone holding up in the current situation?

Week 3 of shelter-in-place for me.

I feel like Tony Stark in that scene at the beginning of Endgame when he’s using the last of his resources and oxygen.

BreakABone 04-05-2020 06:52 PM

It's been an experience for sure.

Doing my best to keep sane and stuff.

BlueFire 04-10-2020 09:12 AM

definitely a weird experience. this is also my first experience working from home. i have mixed feelings about it, lol.

outside of that, i pass the time through exercise, some gaming and hanging out with my wife.

hope you're all well

Vampyr 05-14-2020 02:35 PM

I've lost track of space and time. Hard to believe it's been over two months now.

I already work from home so it wasn't a big change for, other than that now my wife works from home as well.

I've kept busy playing games (Animal Crossing, FFXIV, and now some Tales of Vesperia), reading, and getting back into running and trying to improve my 5k time.

Teuthida 05-23-2020 10:27 AM

I'm a freelancer who worked from home before all this. It's kind of sad how little my day to day has changed.

Zen 06-12-2020 02:32 PM

I love working from home. Going back will suck.

Ginkasa 06-13-2020 11:47 AM

Oh yes. Don't need to commute so I can sleep in later and once I'm off already home. I can spend my lunch with my family instead of a bunch of functional strangers in a cafeteria. If I need to take a breather I head downstairs and chat with my wife and kids.

Fortunately, it doesn't seem like my office is going to require everyone to come in for a long while yet. Even once things are "back to normal" the general expectation is this will result in WFH being much more available than before.

BreakABone 06-19-2020 02:30 PM

I took a staycation this week and booked a hotel in Manhattan for 2 nights, it was lovely to wake up in a different environment.

BlueFire 08-09-2020 01:56 PM

miami has been a hotspot for covid transmission since late june/early july. we're just now seeing declining numbers. hope it stays on the downward trend.

BreakABone 08-12-2020 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueFire (Post 286901)
miami has been a hotspot for covid transmission since late june/early july. we're just now seeing declining numbers. hope it stays on the downward trend.

How have you been dealing with it?

BlueFire 09-02-2020 11:55 PM

honestly, i've been fine. i expected far worse when infections skyrocketed here in late june. i do know one person (old acquaintance from high school) that lost her mother to covid, but outside of that, haven't really heard of anyone in my social circle having a rough time with the virus. hope it stays that way.