GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   The Avengers Movie (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21133)

Teuthida 05-02-2012 04:17 PM

Re: The Avengers Movie

Indeed you are. It's a fun (and quite funny) action packed good time from start to finish.

Angrist 05-02-2012 05:18 PM

I personally thought the first half was a bit slow. But perhaps that's only because I compare it with the superb second half.

Professor S 05-03-2012 07:55 AM

Going to see it with the wife tomorrow night. Question: 3D imax, 3D only, or regular? I've never seen a 3D movie in the theater.

Angrist 05-03-2012 10:01 AM

Hm.... It's not a movie you HAVE to see in 3D, but I did think it added a bit. It didn't have any in-your-face 3D effects. The action wasn't hard to follow, unlike some movies.

So ehm I don't know. Depends on the price difference. $1? Go for 3D. $5? 2D is fine.

Professor S 05-04-2012 01:23 PM

We went with 3D IMAX. I little more money, but we haven't been out to a movie since the baby was born, so we treated ourselves. Tonight, 10:10 PM. So excited...

BreakABone 05-04-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 282860)
I personally thought the first half was a bit slow. But perhaps that's only because I compare it with the superb second half.

No I agree with you, the beginning is slow.. but I guess to get pieces together.

Which is odd considering they had 5 movies to do it.

But boy oh boy.. the 2nd half.. and that climax. :cool:

Vampyr 05-04-2012 06:22 PM

Saw it today - what an amazing movie. This is the best Hulk movie to date, heheh.

Mark Ruffalo was awesome, definitely my favorite Banner so far.

Angrist 05-04-2012 07:40 PM

I heard tonight that Ruffalo wasn't in either of the recent Hulk movies, is that correct?
If so, is there a spiritual Hulk prequel to The Avengers? In other words: which one should I watch, The Hulk or The Incredible Hulk?

I was watching Eternal Sunshine otSM tonight and I knew that guy with the glasses looked familiar. He looked so much older in The Avengers...

Vampyr 05-04-2012 08:05 PM

The most recent Hulk with Edward Norton is supposed to be the prequel to this movie. The other one with Eric Bana was rebooted by the Ed Norton one.

Ruffalo has signed on to do 6 more movies as the Hulk. Most of those will probably be cameos, but should be one or two more real Hulk movies in there, and maybe another Avengers?

One of my favorite parts was Phil's little speech to Loki.

"You lack conviction."

Professor S 05-05-2012 01:06 AM

That was fucking awesome. My wife and I were quoting scenes to each other all the way home.

Fox 6 05-05-2012 03:02 AM

Best movie I have seen this year hands down.

also spoiler question

Was that a Skrull in the credits?

Ginkasa 05-05-2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox 6 (Post 282890)
Best movie I have seen this year hands down.

also spoiler question

Was that a Skrull in the credits?

No. BTW, the linky "no" there is spoilerish (so, don't click if you don't want a potential spoiler... spoiler), but a link was visible through the spoiler tag, so...

Professor S 05-05-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginkasa (Post 282891)
No. BTW, the linky "no" there is spoilerish (so, don't click if you don't want a potential spoiler... spoiler), but a link was visible through the spoiler tag, so...

When they showed the end credits scene I audibly said "Holy shit!" If they go through with the storyline I think they are going to go with, not only is it one of my favorite of all time, but it will be exceedingly DARK. Can't wait. :cool:

Vampyr 05-05-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor S (Post 282892)
When they showed the end credits scene I audibly said "Holy shit!" If they go through with the storyline I think they are going to go with, not only is it one of my favorite of all time, but it will be exceedingly DARK. Can't wait. :cool:

What story line is it? Is there a trade paperback for it? I've never actually read an Avenger's comic.

Angrist 05-05-2012 03:12 PM

Is it always an alien thread in The Avengers? Or do they sometimes also team up for other stuff?

And I think I read something about it... there was an X-Men 'vs' The Avengers series?