GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   TRON Legacy Final Trailer (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21328)

Professor S 11-10-2010 09:21 AM

TRON Legacy Final Trailer

It gave me chills... one of my favorite movies as a kid looks like its getting the royal treatment in it's sequel.

Xantar 11-10-2010 06:55 PM

Re: TRONL Legacy Final Trailer

I never saw Tron as a kid. It was a little before my time (yes, Professor, I just called you old).

But regardless of that, this movie looks damn cool. I'm seeing it on opening day.

TheSlyMoogle 11-10-2010 09:26 PM

I never saw Tron, ever, but know the story thanks to the massive amounts of geekdom I have immersed myself in over the 24 years of my life, and so I will see this film.

Fox 6 11-10-2010 10:08 PM

Olivia Wilde looks like the hottest thing ever with that hair and that outfit.

KillerGremlin 12-19-2010 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox 6 (Post 273379)
Olivia Wilde looks like the hottest thing ever with that hair and that outfit.

I totally agree. She is sooooooooo fucking hot in Tron Legacy. Maybe worth seeing the movie for.

On that note, I saw Tron Legacy. It was LOUD. That may have been the theater though. The soundtrack was good. The special effects were good, oh yes they were. The special effects pretty much made the movie.

Here is the good news, in terms of the "Tron Universe," the new Tron movie undoes all the corny shit that made the first Tron movie so hilariously 80's-bad. Tron came out in 1982, five years after Star Wars IV: A New Hope. Star Wars has some amazing special effects, and an amazing story to boot. Tron has tripped out computer special effects that are on the same trip-inducing level as the Beatles' Yellow Submarine. Basically, Tron is how I imagine tripping on acid at the arcade in 1980 might be like.

The new Tron makes the whole Tron universe look very purdy, and it was well done. And Jeff Bridges is a pimp.

So for a real head-trip, go watch Tron and then go see Tron Legacy. And bring lube!!!

Fox 6 12-19-2010 04:54 AM

Those bangs and her not quite innocent look just slay me

:drool:

Fox 6 12-19-2010 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox 6 (Post 274019)
Those bangs and her not quite innocent look just slay me

:drool:

Just O....M...G...

Angrist 12-19-2010 12:03 PM

I guess I now know where to spend my free ticket on. :)

Typhoid 12-19-2010 06:37 PM

The movie was sooo good.

Neo 12-20-2010 05:03 PM

I loved everything except the cheesy one-liners spoken by Sam Flynn.

Xantar 12-23-2010 01:49 PM

It looked damn cool, but I was disappointed that they didn't go as far as they could. The story revolves around saving one program who spontaneously manifested in the Grid by herself and then putting her out in the real world, in effect making her the first artificial life form. That's a really fascinating concept, and I wish the movie had explored that more. And I think Tron himself was kind of shortchanged.

On another note, Olivia Wilde went to my high school. In fact, she was a year behind me. I wish I could tell you what she was like, but I never met her.

Typhoid 12-23-2010 03:34 PM

She wasn't the only one who spontaneously was created.
A whole bunch of them were.
But Clu didn't see them as being perfect - because they weren't programs, so he committed a mass genocide against all of them, except her - because Jeff Bridges saved her.