GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Worst Movie You Have Ever Seen (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19659)

Swan 04-30-2009 01:24 AM

Worst Movie You Have Ever Seen

So what is the worst film you have ever seen?

I know for me....and probably Combine it would have to be The Planet. Some random low budget scottish sci fi film that was just.....ugh

What about yourself?

Dyne 04-30-2009 02:08 AM

Re: Worst Movie You Have Ever Seen

The Astronaut Farmer.

Terrible humour, a very failed attempt at appealing to both kids and adults alike. It's just painful to watch, especially BillyBob Thornton. Uuuugh.

It was also the first movie my family watched together after the divorce, all together. So I guess that set the awkward uncomfortable mood for me. But the film really was terrible.

KillerGremlin 04-30-2009 12:57 PM

Beowulf was pretty shitty.

Are we supposed to choose worst movies we accidentally saw or horrible movies we watched because we were bored or wanted some lulz?

The Germanator 04-30-2009 01:07 PM

I would say some of the movies that the Mystery Science Theater 3000 guys rip on are horrible, and they are, but I feel like that's different.

I saw a flick called Social Misfits which was pretty terrible. I've also watched countless bad horror movies, but I expected those to be bad. I don't know, normally I try to avoid terrible movies unless I'm purposefully watching them to laugh.

Ginkasa 04-30-2009 04:53 PM

I try to forget bad movies. They tend to blur in my mind and since I don't watch them again I don't generally remember why I hated them.

The latest awful movie I watched was Dragonball Evolution. It was just a massive mess of a movie from both a DBZ fan's view and general movie-goer view. I got paid to watch it and I still want my money back.

Professor S 04-30-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerGremlin (Post 249653)
Beowulf was pretty shitty.

Do you mean the big budget animated one with Angelina Jolie? I really liked that movie.

I think we need to separate this into two sections:

Overall Bad

and

Big Budget FAIL

Overall... Manos Hands of Fate

Big budget fail? Alexander... ooof, even the director's cut was a steaming pile.

KillerGremlin 04-30-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor S (Post 249684)
Do you mean the big budget animated one with Angelina Jolie? I really liked that movie.

Yeah. :p

The animation was really off-putting for me, and I just didn't feel like they captured the essence of Beowulf or Grendel.

I admit I am being a bit harsh and it is probably far from the worst movie I have ever seen....I saw it in theaters and was not in the mood for that film. It doesn't pay to get dragged to films you don't want to see.

The new Day of the Dead movie is pretty effin' terrible.

I also agree with prof s that there are different categories of bad. Big Budget Fail is a good idea for a category.

Angrist 05-01-2009 07:22 AM

I really disliked Ultraviolet.

Teuthida 05-01-2009 07:26 AM

Juno. Probably others I didn't like more but that's the last one in recent memory. Usually I stop watching movies I find really bad or boring. But Juno had received such good reviews that I thought I was missing something so I kept at it.

Professor S 05-01-2009 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerGremlin (Post 249687)
Yeah. :p

The animation was really off-putting for me, and I just didn't feel like they captured the essence of Beowulf or Grendel.

I admit I am being a bit harsh and it is probably far from the worst movie I have ever seen....I saw it in theaters and was not in the mood for that film. It doesn't pay to get dragged to films you don't want to see.

The new Day of the Dead movie is pretty effin' terrible.

I also agree with prof s that there are different categories of bad. Big Budget Fail is a good idea for a category.

I wasn't expecting much from Beowulf, and I was surprised when I thought it was good. As for Gendel, I thought he was a fantastic version. Crispin Glover brought some real sympathy to the role, which I enjoyed. Eh, to each their own.

I will agree Day of the Dead was awful. It takes a lot for me to turn off a movie, and I could only make it through about 20 minutes of the DotD remake.

The original is a campy classic, IMO. My favorite part is when the main villian has his legs ripped from his torso, and his dying words are "Choke on `em! ... choke on `em..."

BlueFire 05-01-2009 03:28 PM

Air Bud: World Pup

TheSlyMoogle 05-02-2009 01:58 AM

Wolverine. Yeah it was that bad.

No actually the worst movie I've probably ever seen was Kingdom of Heaven. So bad...

BreakABone 05-02-2009 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLueFire (Post 249726)
Air Bud: World Pup

The question here is why were you still watching Air Bud movies?
The series wasn't exactly quality from the start, fun sure, but not quality.

Angrist 05-02-2009 09:53 AM

SlyMoogle, I don't get why everybody thinks Kingdom of Heaven is so good. It had bad acting, a boring story and only decent action... It wasn't the worst I've seen, but it was definately overrated.

Fyacin 05-02-2009 07:19 PM

Eragon. The book isn't that good in the first place, and they butchered it for the theaters.
Also incredibly bad was In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale. Fantastic game, TOTALLY DESTROYED.