GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Last movies you saw (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17099)

Bube 04-17-2008 07:43 AM

Re: Last movies you saw

I watched 1408 last night. It was a pretty good thriller (good acting, cliché but well written story and some great wtf moments), but I couldn't really understand the ending.

-alpha- 04-17-2008 08:41 AM

I saw Run Fatboy, Run yesterday

8.5/10

David Schwimmer's first attempt at directing wasn't bad, legitimately funny, and with simon pegg as the lead man, the british humour was halarious.

BreakABone 04-17-2008 03:21 PM

I saw Saving Private Ryan for the first time.
Pretty damn good movie.
And I now know who to blame for the influx of World War II shooters. ;)

Angrist 04-17-2008 04:27 PM

He must have realized as well, because now he started making games. :eyes:

Swan 04-17-2008 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bube (Post 219998)
I watched 1408 last night. It was a pretty good thriller (good acting, cliché but well written story and some great wtf moments), but I couldn't really understand the ending.

Yeah, I've noticed with alot of Stephen King stories I love the story and the buld up and everything. I just hate the ending. Most of his stuff the ending is just a let down

Ginkasa 04-18-2008 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 220029)
Yeah, I've noticed with alot of Stephen King stories I love the story and the buld up and everything. I just hate the ending. Most of his stuff the ending is just a let down

Supposedly its because he's a fan of just writing stuff without really planning it. Letting things flow on their own. So he just writes and writes until he decides its time to end it... And it does...

Angrist 04-23-2008 10:45 AM

I haven't seen that many movies lately, just Microcosmos.
Gorgeous movie/documentary about insects. 8/10.

Bube 04-23-2008 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 220029)

I remember watching Dreamcatcher, it was an even bigger disappointment. There seems to be a problem with Stephen King movies :)

I watched Donnie Darko again last night. It gets better each time. I absolutely love the dark, schizophrenic atmosphere of the movie.

Angrist 04-23-2008 01:12 PM

Ah, now I want to see Donnie Darko again. I have it on DVD, so go me!

Typhoid 04-23-2008 01:16 PM

I just saw No country for old men the other day.

And, it was good. I liked the lack of dialogue.
But I wouldn't watch the movie again, to be honest.

Dyne 04-23-2008 01:49 PM

Yeah, I rented No Country for Old Men last night. Good movie. I couldn't see (or hear) why it won awards in sound design, but then again I never really agree with the Academy Awards. I was also checking what time it was in the last half an hour of the movie because they kind of dropped the ball in terms of momentum. I was more wondering when it was going to be over more than how.

Fox 6 04-23-2008 01:58 PM

You should both be clubbed to death by Anton Chigurh. :p

Angrist 05-18-2008 03:40 AM

Iron Man. It was a very decent superhero movie. It went a bit fast at the end though. 8/10

BreakABone 05-18-2008 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 223343)
Iron Man. It was a very decent superhero movie. It went a bit fast at the end though. 8/10

You know we have an Iron Man movie thread right? :p

Angrist 05-18-2008 07:24 AM

Yeah, but I didn't want to go into the whole discussion. Just some quick thoughts, which this thread is for. :D