GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Music (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Musical YouTubes: Our tubes are filled with music! (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18063)

Angrist 11-24-2008 12:27 PM

Re: Musical YouTubes: Our tubes are filled with music!

tldr

Swan 11-24-2008 05:25 PM

I prefer Mr. Bungle over Faith No More

Professor S 11-24-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 241306)
I prefer Mr. Bungle over Faith No More

I appreciate Mr. Bungle (included them in my last post) , as they basically experiement with sound, but they're a little too far in the deep end of the pool for me. I give FNM credit because they were both original and popular, and without that band I would have never bothered with any of Patton's other bands.

For pure enjoyment, I prefer Tomohawk uber alles.

Angrist, what's "tldr"?

Angrist 11-24-2008 06:04 PM

Too long, didn't read. Thought his should probably have been 'tmdw', too much, didn't watch.
I find it hard to watch that many videos after eachother, especially when there's no explanation.

Professor S 11-25-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 241308)
Too long, didn't read. Thought his should probably have been 'tmdw', too much, didn't watch.
I find it hard to watch that many videos after eachother, especially when there's no explanation.

Another appropriate reponse to a thread you didn't bother reading would be... well... not posting anything, but to each their own I guess :unsure:

Amd for the record, there was explanation for both.

Angrist 11-25-2008 11:13 AM

Ah I guess there was. All those loading white screens just scare me I guess. Never mind.

Acebot44 11-27-2008 06:14 PM

The only promotion I've got is word of mouth
probably the illest rapper noones every heard about
and Imma die as a broke ass,
pay check to pay check waitin tables for no cash
and Imma still write rhymes on my day off
on my tomb stone write "Persistence don't pay off"

Swan 11-30-2008 05:26 PM

KillerGremlin 12-01-2008 03:20 PM

I love Mike Patton. Faith No More has 3 good studio albums, 1 decent live album, and 1 BRILLIANT ep.

I really enjoy Introduce Yourself, which oddly enough is without Mike Patton.

The Real Thing is a good album. Actually, it is a great album. I listen to it on a pretty steady rotation (for me).

But what's really crazy about Faith No More is Angel Dust. That album drove their commercial success into the ground, and then Patton pissed all over it like the maniacal bastard he is.

The rest of their albums suck, except for Songs to Make Love To (which is an EP). I'm excluding live albums, but I'd say their live album is average.

Gotta love Patton doing a jazzy loungey cover of "Let's Lynch the Landlord"

and their cover of "Easy" is proof that Patton can sing like a normal person:

Also, my favorite Patton albums are definitely Mr. Bungle's Disco Volante and California. Those two albums are the EPITOME of homage/experimental/tribute prog metal. Or whatever the hell you want to call it. How about clown music?

I'm also a huge Fantomas fan. like HUGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEe

Professor S 12-02-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerGremlin (Post 241508)
I love Mike Patton. Faith No More has 3 good studio albums, 1 decent live album, and 1 BRILLIANT ep.

I really enjoy Introduce Yourself, which oddly enough is without Mike Patton.

The Real Thing is a good album. Actually, it is a great album. I listen to it on a pretty steady rotation (for me).

But what's really crazy about Faith No More is Angel Dust. That album drove their commercial success into the ground, and then Patton pissed all over it like the maniacal bastard he is.

The rest of their albums suck, except for Songs to Make Love To (which is an EP). I'm excluding live albums, but I'd say their live album is average.

You didn;t like Album of the Year? I really enjoyed that one, even if it took me a few rotations to get into it, but Angel Dust was the same for me. I love Tomahawk as well, and here is a cherry picked video from earlier "epic" in volume series of posts. I've been listening to this song for about a week. :

Here's another live Tomahawk cut. I love the wizard's pantry of voice FX gear Patton brings with him on stage...

Acebot44 12-02-2008 03:28 PM

Nice Tech N9ne Avatar, KG :p

He was the first concert I ever went to haha

KillerGremlin 12-03-2008 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor S (Post 241541)
You didn;t like Album of the Year? I really enjoyed that one, even if it took me a few rotations to get into it, but Angel Dust was the same for me. I love Tomahawk as well, and here is a cherry picked video from earlier "epic" in volume series of posts. I've been listening to this song for about a week.

Album of the Year is not a bad album, it just doesn't resonate with me like Angel Dust I guess. I like Tomahawk too; not my favorite Patton project though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acebot44 (Post 241545)
Nice Tech N9ne Avatar, KG :p

I busted out the Tech N9ne avatar in celebration of his new album "Killer." Killer is a huge 2CD affair, so I've only really let the first disc sink it, but I'd say it's almost as good as Absolute Power or Everready.

Teuthida 12-03-2008 03:33 PM

jeepnut 12-07-2008 08:54 PM

The best music video ever.

Angrist 12-09-2008 10:42 AM

Some funny stuff:

Why is the rum gone?

They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard, Techno Viking edition

I've got a jar of dirt

:p