GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Anyone got Super Mario Odyssey? (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22861)

Ginkasa 10-29-2017 05:37 PM

Anyone got Super Mario Odyssey?

Its pretty good...

Ginkasa 10-29-2017 05:38 PM

Re: Anyone got Super Mario Odyssey?

I know you have it, Canyarion.

Vampyr 10-31-2017 08:07 PM

Yep, I have it.

Honestly have not made it very far because right after the first world where you get the ship I went back and just started hunting for Power Moons.

I should probably just play through the game and do that at the end, though.

My one complaint thus far is they aren't utilizing the buttons on the controller very well. It's super awkward to shake the pro controller to do the motion required stuff...and there are like 6 unused buttons on the controller.

Maybe let me just tap Y twice to do the homing hat, rather than tapping Y then flailing around with the controller?

Angrist 11-01-2017 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginkasa (Post 286771)
I know you have it, Canyarion.

Stalker! :D
Yeah I have it and it's amazing. It's so hard to put down. I'm getting close to Bowser and I'm already looking forward to revisiting each world.

It's pretty weird that they hid some moves behind motion controls. Did you know you can flick your hat straight up? Flick both Joycons up.

Vampyr 11-01-2017 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 286773)
It's pretty weird that they hid some moves behind motion controls. Did you know you can flick your hat straight up? Flick both Joycons up.

Yeah this bothers me. They're also kind of difficult to do with the Pro controller or when you're using the switch in the mobile form.

It's literally my only complaint about the game, I'm hoping they'll patch in some better support for the different controller types. Kinda silly to have all these buttons available and make me shake my controller.

Jason1 11-01-2017 04:39 PM

I wish I had it, but I haven't purchased a Switch yet. Been spending lots of money this year on upgrades on my house. #adulting . It is the first switch game to be released to really make me stop and really think hard about maybe purchasing one soon. I wonder how much money I could get for my Wii U and all my games?

Angrist 11-02-2017 05:46 AM

Second hand Wii Us were actually pretty popular half a year ago. Probably because lots of people wanted to play Zelda, but couldn't buy a Switch.
I'm not sure what it would go for right now.

Jason1 11-02-2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 286776)
Second hand Wii Us were actually pretty popular half a year ago. Probably because lots of people wanted to play Zelda, but couldn't buy a Switch.
I'm not sure what it would go for right now.

I have been monitoring Ebay, looks like my 32 GB black Wii U along with all of my games might get around $300. That includes several AAA titles including Zelda BOTW, Mario 3d World, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, ect. Not bad, but not all that great either id say.

Ginkasa 11-07-2017 07:40 PM

Definitely not a fan of the motion controls, but it hasn't really hampered my experience much overall.

I have beat the story, such as it is, and enjoyed that ride. I've been fooling around in some of the worlds to get Moons that I missed the first time (or weren't yet around). I doubt I'll ever get close to getting all of the Moons, but I'm having fun so far.

Angrist 11-09-2017 03:51 AM

So far I feel like getting all the moons is very doable. I guess the later added moons are easier because they're marked on the map, the trick is to get all the original moons without any guidance.

Lately I've been playing Mario+Rabbids, which is a lot more fun than I expected it to be. I'm glad I'm borrowing it from a friend, because I beat the main game in 25 hours.

Vampyr 11-09-2017 08:50 PM

I, too, beat the main story over the weekend. Now I’ve just been collecting moons. Kind of insane how dense each level is.

I have to say I also love some of the surprise stuff they’ve thrown at me in the post game. Been a bit of a trip down nostalgia lane.

BlueFire 11-24-2017 06:15 PM

Gonna buy it soon

Canyarion 02-21-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueFire (Post 286781)
Gonna buy it soon

Soon has come and gone! How about it? :)

Jason1 03-30-2018 04:09 PM

I still have not purchased a Switch. Maybe soon though? Who knows.