GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Nerds on the Rocks/Dual Wielding FeedBack (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20994)

magus113 04-15-2010 07:25 PM

Re: Nerds on the Rocks Episode 1

8:30 might be better. Dinner first. Man's gotta eat.

Keatonmr 04-15-2010 08:19 PM

Tomorrow evening would be better for me than tonight, because tonight, I am seeing Kick-Ass haha

magus113 04-15-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keatonmr (Post 267201)
Tomorrow evening would be better for me than tonight, because tonight, I am seeing Kick-Ass haha

Go you!

magus113 04-15-2010 08:39 PM

Tomorrow would be great also btw. I definitely could do that.

BreakABone 04-20-2010 01:34 PM

Nerds on the Rocks Episode 2

I know episode 1 isn't even out yet (it will hopefully be up sometime tonight) but I wanted to get some people lined up for this week's episode so we could schedule a time.

This week's episode will mainly focus on cartoons/shows based on video games. So if you have any experience in this field, come on down.

magus113 04-20-2010 02:28 PM

Re: Nerds on the Rocks Episode 2

I'm down

thatmariolover 04-20-2010 11:36 PM

Nerds on the Rocks: Part 1

Well here it is, GT's official podcast episode number 1. There are a few mic situations to get ironed out but I thought the dialogue was really good. Regardless, it's been a long time coming.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6316931/Nerds_on_the_Rocks.mp3

BreakABone 04-21-2010 12:42 AM

Re: Nerds on the Rocks: Part 1

Its the first show, there will be some growing pains.

Magus sounds like he is speaking on a cell's speakerphone, but he already is working on fixing that.

There seems to be random times when the audio breaks and it does kind of get annoying, but assume part of the program.

There are also random sounds throughout the show. Maybe, we should record in smaller chunks and then paste them together.

As a whole though, I enjoyed the podcast. The discussion seemed natural, and the three host seemed knowledgeable for the most part, granted, I disagree with some of their points (think most people credit Blade/X-men with the comic book resurgence), but it was listenable.

The three of them seemed to work well together. I thought anyhow. So may need to go back to the drawing board.

~Edit~
Some other deals, I know there was no intro/outtro for this episode, but that was more due to the recording software. We shall get this worked out for next week.

The third segment, at least when I pitched it was named, "On Tap" but may re-tool the segments as well.

I like the discussion of a topic, a big news story and then something simple to wrap the show around.

Xantar 04-21-2010 11:01 AM

Re: GT Podcast Round 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakABone (Post 266930)
Xantar- Video games (Wii), movies, some comics, TV shows

Bond and I can also talk about law if it ever comes up. I know there are still people out there filing anti-videogame lawsuits.

BreakABone 04-21-2010 11:15 AM

Speaking of different areas of expertise

Was thinking/hoping to have a podcast with Germie, Dylflon, Teuthida and maybe Gekko about video games being art.

I figured, they represent the 3 standard sense of art and Gekko is trying to be a developer. And well he is bitter so should make a good listen.

Okay throwing out some other ideas/dates

Around the release of Prince of Persia, we can have a podcast focused on video game movies. What has come, what is in the pipeline and what you think works as a future movie.

The Germanator 04-21-2010 12:21 PM

I'd love to be involved, but I don't have any kind of headset/microphone computer technology unfortunately...

BreakABone 04-21-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Germanator (Post 267531)
I'd love to be involved, but I don't have any kind of headset/microphone computer technology unfortunately...

All of that fancy musical equipment and you folks couldn't buy a single usb mic. :P

You can get one on the cheap...

Teuthida 04-21-2010 02:22 PM

Babs pretty much said everything.

You're quite an eloquent dude Mags though shame your sound quality sucked. Towards the end almost every other word out of Keaton's mouth got cut off. And Uber who had the best sound spoke the least.

I tuned out in the beginning for the Xbox talk but was pretty enthralled for the rest of the show.

A little constructive criticism. You guys would frequently namedrop GT and Babs but have to take into account that there would be folks listening who aren't aware of the site (maybe not this once there's a proper intro) or even Babs. (I know what you're thinking: Who on the internet doesn't know Earl? Surprisingly there are a few.) Had a good conversation going on but seemed a little unaware of having a listener audience.

Good job guys. Leaps and bounds better than the last attempt two years ago.

thatmariolover 04-21-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teuthida (Post 267536)
Babs pretty much said everything.

You're quite an eloquent dude Mags though shame your sound quality sucked. Towards the end almost every other word out of Keaton's mouth got cut off. And Uber who had the best sound spoke the least.

I tuned out in the beginning for the Xbox talk but was pretty enthralled for the rest of the show.

A little constructive criticism. You guys would frequently namedrop GT and Babs but have to take into account that there would be folks listening who aren't aware of the site (maybe not this once there's a proper intro) or even Babs. (I know what you're thinking: Who on the internet doesn't know Earl? Surprisingly there are a few.) Had a good conversation going on but seemed a little unaware of having a listener audience.

Good job guys. Leaps and bounds better than the last attempt two years ago.

Once we do introductions for episodes and get a podcast subscription system through iTunes it should be a bit smoother as well.

uber_paddler 04-21-2010 02:37 PM

Yeah, this probably wasn't the best episode for me to be on, lol. I rarely play on Xbox Live, didn't play the original at all, and don't read comic books or watch Joss Whedon shows. Though at least I managed to keep a certain degree my characteristic monotony out of my voice.