GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Bob Hoskins hates the Super Mario Bros. movie (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21689)

Storm Eagle 06-20-2011 11:34 PM

Bob Hoskins hates the Super Mario Bros. movie

http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/780...ario-bros-film

magus113 06-21-2011 10:58 AM

Re: Bob Hoskins hates the Super Mario Bros. movie

I uh...you can't really blame him? It wasn't that great. We all know this.
We moved on from it.

Teuthida 06-21-2011 11:17 AM

I'm still waiting for Super Mario Bros. The Movie The Game.

Angrist 06-21-2011 11:47 AM

Brooklyn, my world!!!!!

thatmariolover 06-24-2011 02:59 PM

It is unfortunate just how badly the movie was made. It kind of set a bad precident for all video game movies.

KillerGremlin 06-24-2011 03:22 PM

It's not that bad of a movie, in fact it has aged well due to how crappy it is, if that makes any sense.

Also, anything with the late Dennis Hopper is worth looking into, that guy is a LEGEND. RIP.

Storm Eagle 06-24-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerGremlin (Post 277032)
It's not that bad of a movie, in fact it has aged well due to how crappy it is, if that makes any sense.

You mean the cult following it has?

Video games tend to not translate too well into movies, but Mortal Kombat was the only movie I enjoyed enough to own a home video copy for.

Angrist 06-24-2011 04:16 PM

The first Resident Evil was pretty epic too.
Too bad it hardly had anything to do with Resident Evil.. I wonder if they'll ever make a RE movie that takes place in a creepy mansion. With just a handful of characters.

KillerGremlin 06-24-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 277036)
The first Resident Evil was pretty epic too.
Too bad it hardly had anything to do with Resident Evil.. I wonder if they'll ever make a RE movie that takes place in a creepy mansion. With just a handful of characters.

All the RE movies are awesome. They did take a decline towards a mindless shitfest, but Milla Jovovich is <3 and the movies are just good old popcorn fun.

It's like Baysplosions:

...but with Zombies! And sometimes you just want mindless, zombie fun.

KillerGremlin 06-24-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Eagle (Post 277034)
You mean the cult following it has?

Video games tend to not translate too well into movies, but Mortal Kombat was the only movie I enjoyed enough to own a home video copy for.

I mean the movie is bong-ripping fun. It's a B-movie. A cheesy relic of bad cinema. A movie you can watch and go, "omg no way." Like Tron, or the Ninja Turtles. Hating the Super Mario Bros. movie is just wasting energy that could be put towards legitimate things, like Hitler or Vaginaplasty.

For the record, I can't think of any good video game movies...but I will say that Doom was also hilariously awesome.

Storm Eagle 06-25-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerGremlin (Post 277040)
I mean the movie is bong-ripping fun. It's a B-movie. A cheesy relic of bad cinema. A movie you can watch and go, "omg no way." Like Tron, or the Ninja Turtles. Hating the Super Mario Bros. movie is just wasting energy that could be put towards legitimate things, like Hitler or Vaginaplasty.

For the record, I can't think of any good video game movies...but I will say that Doom was also hilariously awesome.

Doom was so-so. I rented it, but I'm not really compelled to watch it again.

I remembered that I also own a copy of Final Fantasy, but that probably doesn't work anything like the video game series, does it?

Angrist 06-25-2011 03:17 PM

I actually loved Doom.

And it took me half the movie to find out it was based on the game. :eek:

magus113 06-26-2011 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Eagle (Post 277051)
I remembered that I also own a copy of Final Fantasy, but that probably doesn't work anything like the video game series, does it?

Yeah you're kinda right. It's almost entirely a Final Fantasy in name only.

Almost.