GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   The Walking Dead: The Television Series (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20033)

Professor S 11-02-2011 10:56 PM

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

I enjoy the show, but I think some of the frustration people have with it is not that it has diverged so much from the book, but that it's needlessly diverged. The greatest draw of the series is that people are the real danger, and that anyone can die at any time. So far the zombies are FAR more dangerous (I hate running/smart zombies), and I'm not worried that anyone core to the show will die! Otis just got it, but who the fuck was he? So far no one we care about has been killed, and that needs to change.

T-Dogg... I'm looking at you.

KillerGremlin 11-02-2011 11:47 PM

I agree with Prof S 100%.

I want to add that in the absence of everyone's vulnerability, the show has lost its dark tone/theme.

The comic was full of love and drama between characters, and we see the TV show heading in that direction. But the impact of two characters getting together in the comic is that it was all the more worse when one of those characters died.

Typhoid, I don't have much to disagree with except to say we simply have different opinions and expectations. Maybe take comfort that I enjoyed episode 3 better than everything else in Season 2 so far.

But anything else I can add has been touched on by that awesome link that Germy posted and by Prof S' comment.

Typhoid 11-03-2011 01:27 AM

Quote:

Otis just got it, but who the fuck was he? So far no one we care about has been killed, and that needs to change.
Well based on what others have said (about people being the real evil), I now believe Otis was simply a tool for the transition.

Angrist 11-03-2011 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor S (Post 279316)
So far no one we care about has been killed, and that needs to change.

T-Dogg... I'm looking at you.

Wait, somebody cares about T-Dawg? I think I missed something here. He's the most boring character of the show.

What I don't like is all the stupid random stuff people do. Like Dale who goes looking for 2 abled people in the middle of the night. By walking through car-wrecks... How stupid is that?
And then the scene doesn't go anywhere. Suddenly he's back at the trailer again as if nothing happened. I think they're trying to fill up some minutes.

Ok what was the little girls name? Because if they find her dead, I don't think I'll remember what she looked like. She's been missing for 3 episode, how do they expect us to still care about her? It's like the actor couldn't miss school any longer and they're waiting for her christmas break. :mad:

Typhoid 11-03-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

She's been missing for 3 episode, how do they expect us to still care about her?

Dun dun dunnnnnnn, maybe that's the point.
World's gone to shit, someone is missing, how long do you spend looking for one person. Making it take a lot of episodes creates an emotional divide between caring for that little girl, and wanting her to die so you (as a viewer) can move the fuck on.

Fox 6 11-05-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Typhoid (Post 279295)
The zombie didn't hang himself...the human being hung himself. There is aneasy possibility that the human could have been away from the tent at the time (if it was the same one, which I'm totally sure it wasn't anyhow) - but yeah - the zombie didn't get hung, the human dude hung humself, and zombies came by and ate his legs as he hung there, thusly turning him into a zombie.

I think you got a little mixed up there. The sign on the tree read "Got bit, fever hit, decided to quit" So he realized he had been bitten and then wanted to kill himself. But my question is, if he knew what happens when you get bit why didnt he blow his head of? Like the redneck guy points out.

Professor S 11-06-2011 11:25 AM

Not everyone has a gun.

Fox 6 11-06-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor S (Post 279376)
Not everyone has a gun.

This is tha 'Merican south. Errebuddy gots guns

Typhoid 11-06-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

I think you got a little mixed up there. The sign on the tree read "Got bit, fever hit, decided to quit" So he realized he had been bitten and then wanted to kill himself.
Well, he still defiinitely wasn't a zombie when he hung himself. ;)

Quote:

But my question is, if he knew what happens when you get bit why didnt he blow his head of? Like the redneck guy points out.

Meh, maybe he didn't know. Maybe he just knew he started feeling insane, sick, and had an affinity for human flesh, and thought "Fuck this shit." :ohreilly:

Professor S 11-06-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox 6 (Post 279377)
This is tha 'Merican south. Errebuddy gots guns

Coming from a Canadian... do southerners all wear cowboy hats as well? :D

Fox 6 11-06-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor S (Post 279387)
Coming from a Canadian... do southerners all wear cowboy hats as well? :D

not all of em. only the though hombres, or the queers.........

BreakABone 11-06-2011 10:17 PM

Sometimes not the brightest group.

And Glenn got him some! And somehow the scene was more subtle than the comic version.

KillerGremlin 11-07-2011 04:44 AM

Maggie Green side boob was fap-worthy.

This episode was a step up again...but the whole well scene smacked of SHEER retarded. Seriously, how dumb is this group?

KillerGremlin 11-07-2011 05:26 AM

Oh. And as someone from the Midwest who has been on a REAL FARM, let me say that you cannot see diddly fuck out in the middle of a field at night. I don't understand why Lori went into a field to piss on a stick. Why not do that in the privacy of a bathroom...with a toilet...and a door that locks.

The writing on this show is really fucking awful.

But I'm glad the new episode was a continuing improvement, minus some more forced drama/really poor decisions by the main characters.

Angrist 11-07-2011 07:34 AM

I decided for once not to comment on the show. Just know that I enjoy it just enough to keep watching.