GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Final Fantasy VII on PS3 (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12492)

MuGen 06-22-2005 01:12 PM

Final Fantasy VII on PS3

Quote:

There has been talk of an updated version of the Final Fantasy VII game since the original reached western shores back in 1997. The Role Playing Game was a massive success, a blow to Nintendo and a huge triumph for Sony. Everyone bought it and it created a new breed of SquareSoft fans.

Though we’ve seen four subsequent games and several spin-offs, a true update, set in the Final Fantasy VII universe, is yet to be delivered, in spite of endless rumouring that a new game is underway.

Well today, a fresh rumour hit the net as respected US magazine Electronic Gaming Monthly claims that there is indeed a new FFVII in the works at Square-Enix. And for PlayStation 3, no less.

EGM offers no source for this rumour claim, though this would seem an easy fix to the dual problem of delivering an early-lifecycle RPG to the PlayStation 3 and satiating the desire for more FFVII.

Could this be something to do with the FFVII E3 tech demo? Of course that was just for show? Or was it? either way we’ll update you as soon as we can, and remember to let us know your thoughts in either the forum.
Link: http://www.ps3portal.com/?view=artic...78cc926ff39f7a

Oh man... if this ends up being true... PS3 is going to have a behemoth of a title on it's hands....

Ginkasa 06-22-2005 01:16 PM

Re: Final Fantasy VII on PS3

I, personally, would rather S-E work on a BRAND NEW Final Fantasy, rather than whoring out an old one like they have. I mean, its one thing to return to the world and please osme fabns, but when you have, like, five different projects focused on one FF game, including a bloody remake, its just going too far.

FFVII wasn't even all that good anyway. IX was better. And IV. And VI. And X. And VIII in some ways.

I would rather Sqeenix finish XII and get to working on XIII.

/me shrugs and walks away

Crash 06-22-2005 02:06 PM

i doubt it.... too many ff7 things already

but if they do :rock:

MuGen 06-22-2005 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Link1130
FFVII wasn't even all that good anyway. IX was better. And IV. And VI. And X. And VIII in some ways.

I would rather Sqeenix finish XII and get to working on XIII.

* Link1130 shrugs and walks away

You'd be surprised as to how many millions of people would like to see this happen. And rumors are pointing to an add-on and like a sequel.

I myself would like to see a remake just for the graphical polish and to play the game again in that fashion.

BlueFire 06-22-2005 02:39 PM

I'd rather have a new Chrono game. Yep.

MuGen 06-22-2005 02:41 PM

we all kno the CTR project was stopped

BlueFire 06-22-2005 02:51 PM

I don't mean the resurrection, I meant a new installment to the series. :P

MuGen 06-22-2005 03:15 PM

go to Square Enix's website and you'll see this new installment.

Also, the fact that the names Unlimited Saga and Chrono Break were registered trademarks from Square together...

Ginkasa 06-22-2005 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sony
You'd be surprised as to how many millions of people would like to see this happen. And rumors are pointing to an add-on and like a sequel.

I myself would like to see a remake just for the graphical polish and to play the game again in that fashion.

No, I wouldn't be surprised. I know how much people want this; I just don't and think its stupid.

I also see no point in graphical upgrades. A great game is great not because of how it looks, but how it plays. FFVII will be the same game as it ever was, just with prettier graphics. I'd rather have a new game with pretty graphics than just an old game with a makeover.

bobcat 06-22-2005 05:57 PM

Quote:

You'd be surprised as to how many millions of people would like to see this happen.

We would?

I would prefer a new FF too.

DarkMaster 06-22-2005 06:49 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing one made. I mean, they have more than one freakin development team, its not like production on a FFVII remake would delay a new Chrono game (which, by the way, won't be happening for a looooong time because the chrono team is working on FFXI), nor would it slow down production of games currently in development (FFXII team is completely different than the other FF teams).

As whorish as it may be, Square-Enix knows that its got something good, and as long as fanboys keep crying for it, they'll keep making it.

DarrenMcLeod 06-22-2005 08:16 PM

I haven't liked a Final Fantasy game since my save on FF1 got deleted when I was seven years old. I was on the final boss, too. I thought FF7 was pretty good, I hated FF8, and haven't played anything since, really.

Then again, I think RPGs are a waste of time for the most part. Random battles are the devil.

MuGen 06-22-2005 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Link1130
No, I wouldn't be surprised. I know how much people want this; I just don't and think its stupid.

I also see no point in graphical upgrades. A great game is great not because of how it looks, but how it plays. FFVII will be the same game as it ever was, just with prettier graphics. I'd rather have a new game with pretty graphics than just an old game with a makeover.

* Link1130 shrugs and walks away

OMG... Whose saying they are trying to reinvent FF7?

FFVII is already a great game, but it wouldn't hurt to have a remake.

Ginkasa 06-22-2005 11:05 PM

Quote:

Well I know I didn't. In fact, far from it. I said, "FFVII will be the same game as it ever was, just with prettier graphics." No mention of reinventing FFVII, just updating the graphics (which is the point of the remake). You might have misunderstood "an old game with a makeover," but the "makeover" part was referring to only the graphics.

So, who exactly is saying they are trying to reinvent FFVII?

As it doesn't really matter if its a different team on FFXII or not. The team doing FFVII-redux would be better used on FFXIII. Or even some other game. The Chrono team might be doing FFXI, but they don't necessarily have to do the next Chrono game.

Xantar 06-23-2005 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Falwell

It's very simple: sooner or later, people will get tired of franchises getting whored out. If it happened to Tomb Raider, it can happen to Final Fantasy VII. So even if I loved FF VII and thought it was the greatest game ever made (which I don't), I wouldn't want this because ultimately, it would hurt the franchise. In the coming years, Final Fantasy VII is overexposed already, and from where I sit, people who don't have Cell chips running their brains are already getting tired of it. As far as they're concerned, Square-Enix should have just stopped with Advent Children.

By the way, I'd really like to see where you get off saying that lots of people would love to see this happen. Lots of your friends want it? People slobber over it on message boards you visit? Great. Now show me some solid data.

And while you're at it, try to differentiate between people "who would love to see it happen" and people "who would pay $50 to play the game all over again."