GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   GHIII News - Death to Rock Band (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17299)

gekko 08-03-2007 02:09 AM

GHIII News - Death to Rock Band

Oh yes, in my national "Buy GH3, not Rock Band" campaign, I bring you the most recent GH3 news. Metallica's One will be a master track on GH3. *holds for applause*

Song list so far (bold = master):

One (by Metallica)
Miss Murder (by AFI)
3's and 7's (by Queens of the Stone Age)
Raining Blood (by Slayer)
Reptillia (by The Strokes)
Paranoid (as made famous by Black Sabbath)
Cities on Flame (as made famous by Blue Oyster Cult)
Mississippi Queen (as made famous by Mountain)
Suck My Kiss (by Red Hot Chili Peppers)
La Grange (as made famous by ZZ Top)
Number Of The Beast (by Iron Maiden)
Through The Fire And Flames (by Dragonforce)
School's Out (as made famous by Alice Cooper)
Sabotage (by Beastie Boys)
Slowride (as made famous by Foghat)
Welcome to the Jungle (by Guns N' Roses)
Barracuda (as made famous by Heart)
Rock N Roll All Nite (as made famous by Kiss)
Cult of Personality (by Living Colour)
Knights of Cydonia (by Muse)
Evenflow (by Pearl Jam)
Lay Down (by Priestess)
Paint it Black (by Rolling Stones)
Cherub Rock (by Smashing Pumpkins)
The Metal (by Tenacious D)
Rock You Like a Hurricane (as made famous by The Scorpions)
My Name is Jonas (by Weezer)

Personally, I'm so sick and tired about hearing about Rock Band. Ok, so you can play the drums. No one cares about the singing, and the guitar playing looks worse than GH2. All anyone cares about is "OMG, downloadable content planned from week 2! 100+ songs!" Yippie, so I can begin feeding them extra money right from the start. You and I both know they won't be free. Not to mention the game itself is insanely priced. That's what happens when EA publishes.

Meanwhile, Activision is making the best GH to date. Added a multiplayer battle mode, online play, co-op career play, and a much improved interface. The guys at Scorehero (the world record players) were recently invited to go play it, and they loved it. Where's the GH3 news? Hidden amongst Rock Band buffoons who will never buy all the shit anyway.

So I will throw the great GH3 news in your face until you all buy it. Carry on.

Dyne 08-03-2007 02:15 AM

Re: GHIII News - Death to Rock Band

HERE I AM

ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE

Perfect Stu 08-03-2007 05:04 AM

Some good tracks on there...Even Flow, Paint it Black, and there needs to be more RHCP. Playing bass for their tracks would be incredible.

Jonbo298 08-03-2007 11:36 AM

I'll have my friends get both anyways. They probably will at any rate...hell, they have GH2 for the PS2 AND 360, and one purchased Steel Battalion. So, I'll enjoy the best of both worlds :p

gekko 08-03-2007 12:25 PM

Scorehero got sent an exclusive video of Through the Fire Flames, the new bonus song like Jordan. Took Wolfe, the #1 player on 360, 20 attempts to beat it.

Sweet! :D

Swan 08-03-2007 01:25 PM

My name IS Jonas

Jason1 08-03-2007 05:19 PM

Why not just learn to play real guitar?

gekko 08-03-2007 05:25 PM

Because I don't feel like wasting away years of my life learning to play an instrument I have no interest in? Why don't you learn to drive a race car? Why don't you go steal a real car? Why don't you go coach a real professional football team?

That's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

TheGame 08-03-2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gekko (Post 211682)
Because I don't feel like wasting away years of my life learning to play an instrument I have no interest in? Why don't you learn to drive a race car? Why don't you go steal a real car? Why don't you go coach a real professional football team?

Gekko, GT's most rational thinker. <3

gekko 08-14-2007 11:05 PM

New song announced at a festival in Edinburgh...

“She Bangs the Drums,” as made famous by The Stone Roses

Typhoid 08-15-2007 01:44 AM

I'm down for My name is Jonas, but would totally prefer Surf Wax America.

Jason1 08-15-2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gekko (Post 211682)

I mean I see people who are just awsome at Guitar Hero...and I think to myself, if they woudve invested that much time into learning to play a real guitar, they would probably be pretty good at that too...then again some of them probably are.

I just have never seen the appeal in Guitar Hero...actually all rythym games for that matter, kinda bore me.

Angrist 08-15-2007 10:47 AM

Noob question: do the Guitar Hero games and Rock Band come from the same developer?

DeathsHand 08-15-2007 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason1 (Post 212533)
I mean I see people who are just awsome at Guitar Hero...and I think to myself, if they woudve invested that much time into learning to play a real guitar, they would probably be pretty good at that too...then again some of them probably are.

Guitar Hero is (quite obviously) loads easier than playing a real guitar...
Memorizing the chords, learning to switch from chord to chord, muting strings, among many many other things (alternate tunings, 6 strings and 21 frets compared to 5 giant buttons) are all various techniques and such one much learn to become a "good" guitar player...
Guitar Hero requires that you learn to manage 5 giant buttons and a strum bar...

As Gekko said, becoming a "good" guitar player takes years and years, and is obviously a whole 'nother ballgame altogether (otherwise he'd be interested in learning to play a real guitar, which he's apparently not)...
Not to mention the fact that, in most people's cases, learning to play the guitar is just as "useful" in life as learning to play a guitar game... Just a hobby... Doesn't usually "get you anywhere"...

gekko 08-15-2007 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 212539)
Noob question: do the Guitar Hero games and Rock Band come from the same developer?

Yes and no.

Harmonix developed GH, Red Octane published. Harmonix was bought out by MTV. Red Octane was bought out by Activision. They parted ways.

Red Octane picked Neversoft as the new developer for GH3, because of the huge passion Neversoft had for the GH games (it was an on-going discussion between owners for the years past).

Harmonix is developing Rock Band, which is being published by EA. Yes, EA.