GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Last movies you saw (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17099)

Jonbo298 03-30-2009 10:15 PM

Re: Last movies you saw

Went and watched Knowing last week. First half was OK, then it went waaaaayyyyyy out of left field and I just wanted to leave. Stayed though since it was kind of a disaster flick which I enjoy. This though...lordy was I not prepared for that.

Teuthida 04-03-2009 06:43 AM

Some movie about this hairy guy with claws. The name escapes me. Shame they ruined my favorite character. Makes sense (about as much sense as the film can make) within the context of the film...but still. :(

KillerGremlin 04-03-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teuthida (Post 247978)
Some movie about this hairy guy with claws. The name escapes me. Shame they ruined my favorite character. Makes sense (about as much sense as the film can make) within the context of the film...but still. :(

Wolverine Origins?

BreakABone 04-03-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerGremlin (Post 247990)
Wolverine Origins?

I assume so, but he can't speak about illegal movies.

I saw let's see

Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer, an okay movie but it loses a lot on a repeated viewing.
Superman, a really solid movie that was one of the few superhero movies that clearly set up a sequel. I still hate the turning earth thing.
Cool Hand Luke, its funny how much 40 years can change something. The movie is good, but some of the "Extreme" moments are so tame by today's standards.

KillerGremlin 04-06-2009 04:27 AM

I demand Teuthida post his thoughts on Wolverine: Origins. Does anyone know what source the movie is supposed to be based off of, if any?

Angrist 04-06-2009 05:51 AM

12 Angry Men. 8/10. Maybe 9/10. Probably 9/10. Yeah.

Hancock. 5/10. Not as bad as feared. The middle of the movie was pretty nice, where he was learning to be a nice hero. The rest was pretty boringly random.

BreakABone 04-06-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerGremlin (Post 248055)
I demand Teuthida post his thoughts on Wolverine: Origins. Does anyone know what source the movie is supposed to be based off of, if any?

Well, it continues the story of the movies.. or precedes it being a prequel.

But as for comic sources, I believe mostly from the Wolverine Origins comics.

TheSlyMoogle 04-10-2009 01:25 AM

I saw Knowing. I figured out the entire movie pretty much 20 minutes into the film. Garbage movie. Absolutely terrible. I give it a 1/10.

BreakABone 04-16-2009 03:15 AM

Superman 2 The Richard Donner Cut
I think its a lot better movie from what I remembered, but some of the stuff mostly the ending leaves me ARGH.
-First off they use a new time travelling element like the end of the first film.
-Second, they keep the scene in which Clark goes back to beat up a dude at a bar. Superman wouldn't beat up a person just for picking on him!

Teuthida 05-08-2009 10:25 AM

Crank: High Voltage

Disappointing. I really liked the first one but this one was so disjointed and so insane that it actually circled around and became boring. Although when it went into Godzilla mode...that was brilliant.

Bube 05-08-2009 11:28 AM

I saw Knowing, probably about a month ago.. Wasn't anything special, and it was pretty obvious. But I must say, the plane crash was the best scene I've ever seen in any movie, because of the sound..

Angrist 05-08-2009 01:16 PM

The Hunt For Gollum.

A free fanmade movie which can be found on www.thehuntforgollum.com

Considering that it's fanmade, I'll give it a 7.5/10.
Not considering that, I give it a 6. Especially enjoyable for Tolkien fans.

TheSlyMoogle 05-09-2009 07:06 AM

The actor for gandalf... Mmm.

Teuthida 05-09-2009 10:16 PM

Special

I enjoyed it...I think. Much more depressing than I thought it would be...but- yes, a good movie...pretty realistically done methinks.

Ric 05-09-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teuthida (Post 250273)
I enjoyed it...I think. Much more depressing than I thought it would be...but- yes, a good movie...pretty realistically done methinks.

That trailer was pretty good. I would not mind seeing that, especially in the state of mind I am in right now, as in, pretty wasted :lol:

Good recomendation.