GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I was surprised (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22866)

Neo 04-17-2019 11:06 PM

I was surprised

to see that I haven't logged in here in 4 years. I'm also typing this on an iPhone which feels very wrong somehow.

Anyway, carry on, those of you who aren't webcrawlers.

Random Q, how does the alien in Alien get big so fast? Like where does all that mass come from?

Oh man this place is a trip. Better leave before the memories start leaking out.

Neo 04-17-2019 11:24 PM

Re: I was surprised

I remember how cool I thought it was when I added all those smilies or got the arcade functioning. I would sit here and play pacman and othello all day.

Neo 04-17-2019 11:27 PM

WTF Dallas, how do you let it just reach out and grab you like that? Use your flame thrower. That's always bothered me.

BreakABone 05-24-2019 07:11 AM

Isn't it a trip that this place is still standing.

Feels like coming home at times.

Jason1 05-26-2019 11:13 PM

GT will never die.

Zen 08-21-2019 01:57 AM

So I moved to the US about a month ago, Texas.

BreakABone 09-20-2019 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zen (Post 286827)
So I moved to the US about a month ago, Texas.

Oh what part of Texas... and why?

Zen 11-10-2019 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakABone (Post 286828)
Oh what part of Texas... and why?

The DFW area. Better life opportunities. Mostly for my daughter.

BreakABone 11-15-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zen (Post 286829)
The DFW area. Better life opportunities. Mostly for my daughter.

Dallas, nice!

And that's good... I'm just so iffy with the current... well you know.

Neo 12-20-2019 01:57 PM

I'm still in Austin.

Also, I don't remember starting this thread.

Ginkasa 12-30-2019 03:33 PM

I like to pop in every couple of months or so. Not typically much reason to post anything, though. Sometimes I'll sneak around my post history and find some memories, but usually regret it. Man was I a dingus back in the day.

BreakABone 01-25-2020 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginkasa (Post 286833)
I like to pop in every couple of months or so. Not typically much reason to post anything, though. Sometimes I'll sneak around my post history and find some memories, but usually regret it. Man was I a dingus back in the day.

We were all young at some point...

Zen 02-04-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakABone (Post 286830)
Dallas, nice!

And that's good... I'm just so iffy with the current... well you know.

I’m not sure I follow.

The current President?

IMO Trump sucks with words but he is doing it right.

~VIN~ 03-04-2020 11:15 PM

bruh

GameMaster 04-03-2020 01:00 PM

We also have an inactive subreddit /r/gametavern

Bless Vampyr (Zach) for sustaining our holy forum.

BreakABone 04-05-2020 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameMaster (Post 286844)

I didn't know about the subreddit.

BlueFire 04-10-2020 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginkasa (Post 286833)

lmao same

Vampyr 04-28-2020 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameMaster (Post 286844)

What is dead may never die.

Except for Game of Thrones. I try to forget it ever lived.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginkasa

Yup... my only consolation is that my young, stupid years were spent on a small gaming forum instead of something more public like Facebook.

I do kind of hate that Reddit and Discord killed the classic forum though. They're just not the same.

BlueFire 04-29-2020 07:40 PM

yeah, classic forums can't be replaced, imo. i'm somewhat active on another forum, but mostly use it to read on politics and gaming news. i also use twitter but i don't really post anything.

Vampyr 05-01-2020 07:58 AM

I never figured out how to correctly use the twitter.

Also I think me calling it "the twitter" makes me some kind of cranky old man.

BlueFire 05-08-2020 01:06 PM

i legit don't understand how people actually communicate on twitter. it's too chaotic and moves too fast. i just use it for news lol

magus113 05-08-2020 01:08 PM

What's a Twitter

magus113 05-08-2020 01:29 PM

I still see Vamp and slymoogle on PSN and Steam and stuff here and there but I never say anything

I mean for the most part I was a lurker here

Ginkasa 05-08-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueFire (Post 286860)
i legit don't understand how people actually communicate on twitter. it's too chaotic and moves too fast. i just use it for news lol

I find this true with most (all?) of the current mass social media. You're either spitting in the wind or there are so many people involved that you can't really have a conversation.

I've been on reddit for 7 years this year. I don't actually know anyone on reddit. Its all randos.

magus113 05-11-2020 11:17 AM

Add KillerGremlin to the people I see on occasion.

Teuthida 05-24-2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampyr (Post 286850)
Yup... my only consolation is that my young, stupid years were spent on a small gaming forum instead of something more public like Facebook.

I do kind of hate that Reddit and Discord killed the classic forum though. They're just not the same.

Couldn't agree more on both accounts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginkasa
I've been on reddit for 7 years this year. I don't actually know anyone on reddit. Its all randos.

I spend way too much time on reddit but even so it is really just random people. No sense of community at all. Primarily use it for entertainment based news.

Speaking of, just joined the GT subreddit. One post from four years ago. Better than I expected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueFire
i legit don't understand how people actually communicate on twitter. it's too chaotic and moves too fast.

BreakABone is the only person I know who uses Twitter to communicate with people as if it were a forum. I don't know how he does it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueFire
yeah, classic forums can't be replaced, imo. i'm somewhat active on another forum, but mostly use it to read on politics and gaming news. i also use twitter but i don't really post anything.

After GameTavern kind of died, I joined a comic book forum for artists, and within a couple years that too is just slightly more active than this one. I really miss forums.

I barely use twitter, though last week I had an actor I don't remember from the Walking Dead retweet a picture I drew of Conan O'Brien's penis. That was...that was something.

Ginkasa 05-26-2020 03:28 PM

I know it can feel a little like talking to the void around here, so I just wanted to say I've read your posts. They brought me back to brighter days when you recommended .hack//SIGN leading to Ginkan + Tsukasa = Ginkasa. Good times.

Hope your Tetris hankerin' is fulfilled at some point.

Zen 06-12-2020 02:30 PM

I still read here. Probably more than I should haha.

BreakABone 06-19-2020 02:28 PM

If you folks ever want to know how to use Twitter...

I mean honestly I think my experience here has always helped me make friends and conversations on most online forums. It's why I have a network of folks on the Twitter that I talk with and met and all that fun jazz.

But I get it, there's something about being able to show up a week later and continue the conversation and not need to be constantly connected or left out.

GameMaster 12-08-2020 08:44 PM

I going to make an effort to start posting again. I really cherished our little community.

Neo 12-23-2020 04:42 PM

I was just here to rip off the color scheme for a separate dashboard, but yeah I miss it too!

Seth 12-31-2020 12:00 AM

Yo

Car forums are even dying.

Discord channels are the only social media I frequent. It's more community centric.

Neo 01-05-2021 12:05 PM

Oh interesting. I used Discord for crypto stuff but I haven't looked at the other areas.

BreakABone 01-13-2021 12:40 PM

I am... most places

Twitter is my home.
I am part of some Discords
Slack for work stuff.
Instagram premise.

But only GT will ever be home.

BlueFire 03-27-2021 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameMaster (Post 286911)
I going to make an effort to start posting again. I really cherished our little community.

it's hard to do this, lol. i miss 2000s era forums