GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   X-Men The Animated Series (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19228)

BreakABone 01-25-2009 12:37 AM

X-Men The Animated Series

Not sure with these new forums if this goes here or goes in Comics, but yeah.

The X-men cartoon from the 90s is finally coming to DVD.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/X-M...nnounced/11203

Well, won't have to remind people how big a dork I can be and shall quickly add these to a collection... watching them is another subject all together. I don't think the Marvel cartoons age as well as the DC ones.

GameMaster 01-25-2009 01:45 AM

Re: X-Men The Animated Series

I used to enjoy the X-Men Evolution series.

But honestly mate, if you've no intention of watching them, please don't waste your money buying them.

Angrist 01-25-2009 09:41 AM

That's cool. A few years ago I watched about 3 or 4 seasons which I 'found' on the internet. In the end it got pretty boring so I never saw the last seasons. I might give it a chance again after I've caught up with The Simpsons.

Storm Eagle 01-27-2009 10:09 PM

I prefer complete season sets, and you'll have to import those from the UK.

BreakABone 01-31-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Eagle (Post 243990)
I prefer complete season sets, and you'll have to import those from the UK.

Actually these as far as I can tell are American releases, and will be pretty decent as far as season sets going.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/010928-X-Animated.html
States the runtime at around 360-390 minutes which is about a solid 6-6 1/2 hours of episode on each volume.

Which should roughly cover about 18 episodes if my quick math is correct.

BlueFire 01-31-2009 09:44 PM

DO WANT

Mr.Molecule 02-01-2009 05:02 PM

God, this show brings back memories.
As tempting as it would be to have this in my collection - I think I'd rather hold onto the good times. These couldn't possibly have aged well.

Any word on a DVD release of 90s Spider-Man?

Angrist 02-02-2009 08:51 AM

Actually I thought they aged pretty well... It just got quite repetitive after watching 3 seasons in 1 month.

BreakABone 02-02-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 244240)
Actually I thought they aged pretty well... It just got quite repetitive after watching 3 seasons in 1 month.

I don't think it aged that well at all.
The animation is slow and sometimes cumbersome.
Not to sound like a maniac, but there was a weird mandate at the time where MArvel animations don't actually slow much physical contact like punches and kicks which is fine when your 8-9, but now you would notice.

Angrist 02-03-2009 10:16 AM

I guess I should pick up where I left.

KillerGremlin 02-03-2009 10:33 AM

I used to watch this show every weekend as a kid. This and Spiderman. I know the quality of the show isn't as good as the Emmy award winning Batman, but we all know Marvel > DC.

Fox 6 02-03-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerGremlin (Post 244312)
I used to watch this show every weekend as a kid. This and Spiderman. I know the quality of the show isn't as good as the Emmy award winning Batman, but we all know Marvel > DC.

I'd tend to agree

:P

BreakABone 02-03-2009 12:12 PM

I am above taking the bait, but in the universe of animation which is what we are discussing.

DC>>>>>Marvel.

Mr.Molecule 02-03-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakABone (Post 244339)
I am above taking the bait, but in the universe of animation which is what we are discussing.

DC>>>>>Marvel.

The existence of Batman The Animated Series is proof of this superiority.
Speaking of which, I almost laid down 100 bones the other night for the complete collection. Thankfully I get easily sidetracked when I'm tired - so I never ended up processing the order.

BreakABone 02-03-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Molecule (Post 244350)
The existence of Batman The Animated Series is proof of this superiority.
Speaking of which, I almost laid down 100 bones the other night for the complete collection. Thankfully I get easily sidetracked when I'm tired - so I never ended up processing the order.

Well not just Batman TAS. Superman while not as good was fun. Batman Beyond was great as well. And the holiness of 5 seasons of Justice League... well you just don't get better than that.

And I must say 100 bucks Canadian for the entire set? I would have got that in a heartbeat... hell if I were you... I would see if it is still available.
:D