GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Game of Thrones Season 2 (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22186)

Vampyr 04-22-2013 10:03 AM

Re: Game of Thrones Season 2

Now that was the best episode of the series so far. This season is awesome.

I think this is as far as I've read in the books, too, other than the next thing that happens with Dondarion/The Hound.

I don't remember this stuff with Theon at all, though. I don't know what that guy is playing at.

Acebot44 04-22-2013 08:14 PM

**Maybe Spoilers?**

This stuff with Theon is actually not in the books. If they followed the books strictly, he would not have appeared again for another 2 seasons or so, with all the shenanigans portrayed in the TV show being somewhat alluded to in between. Readers know generally whats going to happen regarding his storyline, but all the details are brand new, and very exciting to watch.

Oh, and yeah, awesome episode and ending.

PS: Pod the Impaler FTW!

TheGame 04-23-2013 03:02 PM

I don't know if they answered this in the show... if they did it went right over my head. But who exactly captured/tortured Theon?

Vampyr 04-23-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGame (Post 285366)
I don't know if they answered this in the show... if they did it went right over my head. But who exactly captured/tortured Theon?

I don't think they have said yet.

TheGame 04-23-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampyr (Post 285367)
I don't think they have said yet.

Oh okay, thought so. No spoilers needed hahaha...

BreakABone 04-24-2013 02:52 PM

Oh man that moment

Hated that dude.. and was so pissed he was getting away with it all, but the reveal and then.. mah gawd!

TheGame 04-25-2013 03:55 AM

The show makes me feel kinda bad for people who had it coming to them.. like Ned and Theon lol. I won't feel bad for Joffrey or his mother if they die, or littlefinger

BreakABone 04-25-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGame (Post 285379)
The show makes me feel kinda bad for people who had it coming to them.. like Ned and Theon lol. I won't feel bad for Joffrey or his mother if they die, or littlefinger

Wait, Ned had it coming to him? O_o

TheGame 04-27-2013 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakABone (Post 285383)
Wait, Ned had it coming to him? O_o

Lol yeah after watching the series again I think so.

It may have just been forshadowing, but he beheads an innocent man in the first episode who was telling the truth about white walkers. I have a feeling everyone will eventually be paying for people like Ned not taking the white walker threat seriously.

Don't get me wrong, he's an Angel compared to most of the characters, but he's still a war leader and likely has a ton of innocent blood on his hands just by supporting Robert (even if indirectly like the Targaryen children)

Ginkasa 04-27-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGame (Post 285389)
It may have just been forshadowing, but he beheads an innocent man in the first episode who was telling the truth about white walkers. I have a feeling everyone will eventually be paying for people like Ned not taking the white walker threat seriously.

The guy wasnot innocent. He deserted the Night's Watch which is a death sentence and the guy knew it. If he wanted people to get prepared for thewhite walkers then he should have reported back to his supervisors in the organization that was founded to fight the white walkers.

TheGame 04-27-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginkasa (Post 285391)
The guy wasnot innocent. He deserted the Night's Watch which is a death sentence and the guy knew it. If he wanted people to get prepared for thewhite walkers then he should have reported back to his supervisors in the organization that was founded to fight the white walkers.

True. As far as we know anyway. The night watch guys he was with claimed he'd be killed as a deserter too, who's to say the night watch wouldn't have done the same? In his eyes it was a death sentance either way.

When someone is faced with death like that, they can make dishonorable decisions to try and survive.. Ned did it himself

Teuthida 06-03-2013 02:58 AM

:(

Ginkasa 06-03-2013 04:04 AM

I had to work so haven't watched yet. Although I've read the books and know what happens, I'm trying to avoid spoilers on how the show handled it. Pretty anxious to watch it.

Vampyr 06-03-2013 09:26 AM

Knowing what was going to happen did not save me.

Teuthida 06-03-2013 09:53 AM