GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Music (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Kick Ass Music Video Thread (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19682)

TheSlyMoogle 03-16-2010 05:14 PM

Re: Kick Ass Music Video Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bond (Post 265046)
The acoustic versions of Lady Gaga's songs were definitely a good find... but as far as this video goes, I actually have to agree with Germy. I really don't think it is that good of a video. The song makes absolutely no sense in relation to the video's plot.

Since when has lady gaga ever made sense?

I mostly just thought it was awesome because of 2 reasons:

1. The "I told you she doesn't have a dick" part. Apparently the video can be found without the blur, and you can actually see her completely normal vagina. Anyway this is the biggest gaga thing out there "She's a man I saw her dick" is commented on ever youtube video out there, and she addressed this, and I found it to be hilarious.

2. The Pussy Wagon from Kill Bill.

And yeah the video has nothing to do with the song, but surprise none of her videos have anything to do with her songs, they're always campy and off the wall.

To respond to Germy:

I really don't know why she's awesome either. Mostly her songs just get stuck in my head. I hear them at clubs constantly when I go out. I mean sometimes it's back-to-back gaga music, especially at gay clubs.

Acebot44 03-16-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Germanator (Post 265041)
shameless advertising

Gaga actually didn't get paid for a good portion of the product placement. Some were included sort of as Warholian homages to memories in her life or commentaries on society. Others were extensions of marketing deals with her tour, record label, etc.

Yup

Just wanted to clarify that.

Also, it's happening quite often nowadays and has happened in the past. See State Farm in the new OK Go music video

The Germanator 03-16-2010 10:21 PM

Yeah, I guess advertising in videos shouldn't be a surprise. The OK Go thing doesn't really interrupt the video at all though.

And hey, we've had songs on commercials, it's actually kept us afloat more than anything, so I guess I can't say much about it.

Thanks for clarifying though.

Teuthida 03-19-2010 07:18 PM

EDIT: I cannot stop watching this. Gets weird 50 secs in...and then just keeps getting weirder.

Typhoid 03-21-2010 06:41 PM

Speaking of OK Go - this is their other video for "This Too Shall Pass", while it's not as amazing as the other one - it's still pretty good considering. Embed is disabled. :ohreilly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJKythlXAIY

TheSlyMoogle 03-24-2010 07:50 PM

I can't find the higher quality videos, but Notre Dame's Marching band does awesome shit all the time. Yeah, leprechaun on the treadmill doin the dance? Fuck yeah. Assume this is why OK Go contacted them.

And yeah they did form the mushroom. :D

Teuthida 08-19-2010 10:33 PM

Acebot44 09-17-2010 01:13 PM

Sick edit job

Teuthida 12-29-2010 03:42 PM

Angrist 01-05-2011 04:02 PM

Pretty neat.

Teuthida 01-16-2011 11:15 AM

Acebot44 01-17-2011 09:15 PM

^ That was amazing. While searching more work by the Left Rights, I came upon this, which is just as sick

Teuthida 06-12-2011 01:42 AM

Teuthida 06-20-2011 03:14 AM

Teuthida 06-23-2011 12:15 PM