GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Last movies you saw (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17099)

GameMaster 01-15-2008 12:54 AM

Re: Last movies you saw

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 216011)
National Treasure (1). Good movie, although some actors were a bit crappy. I'm looking at you, blond girl.

Blonde girl was the only redeeming part of that movie. Thank Allah she was in the sequel too.

Swan 01-15-2008 01:19 AM

Watched Pan's Labyrinth last night finally. Good movie.

Bond 01-16-2008 04:42 PM

American Graffiti.

Angrist 01-17-2008 05:28 AM

Disturbia, which was pretty nice. The end scene was too dark for my TFT monitor, but I got the idea.

Today I'm going to watch 1 or 2 more movies because I'm illish.

Fox 6 01-17-2008 08:45 PM

Endless Waltz

The Germanator 01-17-2008 10:40 PM

I saw No Country For Old Men and The Business of Being Born.

No Country was enjoyable and different than what I expected going in. I guess I wasn't sure what to expect, so I was pleasantly surprised...

The Business of Being Born is a documentary about the health care of newborns and how women giving home births using midwives might be the way to go. I was kind of dragged to this by my girlfriend, but it was fairly interesting nonetheless. If you don't want to physically see a baby being born and all the blood and grossness that goes with it, then this isn't your film.

Jason1 01-17-2008 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 216125)
Disturbia, which was pretty nice. The end scene was too dark for my TFT monitor, but I got the idea.

Today I'm going to watch 1 or 2 more movies because I'm illish.

Disturbia sucked hard. Terrible in comparision to Rear Window, a classic. And Shia Lebuff is a homo.

The Germanator 01-17-2008 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason1 (Post 216156)
And Shia Lebuff is a homo.

He disagrees. See below.

Angrist 01-18-2008 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason1 (Post 216156)
Disturbia sucked hard. Terrible in comparision to Rear Window, a classic.

Rear Window is indeed a classic, I saw it a few months ago. But I still thought Disturbia was an enjoyable movie. Not a movie to remember though. But what movies are these days??

Ginkasa 01-18-2008 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 216162)
Rear Window is indeed a classic, I saw it a few months ago. But I still thought Disturbia was an enjoyable movie. Not a movie to remember though. But what movies are these days??

No Country for Old Men. Atonement. Two most recent. There's more.

KillerGremlin 01-18-2008 05:09 PM

Shia Lebuff always gets casted with these really hot girls, and that is a good reason to dislike him. I thought he was miscast for Transformers but then again that was a horrible plotless movie that was fun to watch, especially if you watched it with a large bag of popcorn. Disturbia, being a remake and all, was decent. The fact that the ending was predictable didn't help, but I thought he fit that roll pretty well.

Angrist 01-18-2008 06:02 PM

Was Disturbia officially a remake of "Rear Window"?
Hmm, IMDb faq says:
Quote:

The answer is No, not officially. However this film does have several differences between the storylines. This allowed them to bypass buying the original rights.

The film also has quite a few similarities to The 'Burbs. An early Tom Hanks film.
Basically the only thing they have in common is a guy who can't leave his house and a guy next door who they think is a murderer.

Anyway, I know that there are enough good movies coming out, but only 5% of the cinema-released ones is memorable in my opinion.

I just saw Secret Window, which was pretty decent. Reminded me too much of Hide and Seek, which I liked better.

GameMaster 01-18-2008 06:42 PM

I just saw Juno. I guess I was expecting something wacky with floor-rolling laughter. Because of the plot and good reviews and all.

Instead I was given a more serious indie film. No discredit of course. It was still good.

Except for that soundtrack. It was like being forcefully spoon-fed emo music against my will. Then again, that Juno girl is kind of emo so I guess it was only fitting...

Swan 01-19-2008 04:52 PM

Saw Ichi the Killer last night. It was good but to be honest I was expecting it to be much more violent. I was actually a bit disappointed but other then that I enjoyed it

Bube 01-19-2008 06:14 PM

Saw Im Juli and Dead Poets Society last night. Both were great.