GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Last movies you saw (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17099)

Jason1 02-28-2012 08:32 PM

Re: Last movies you saw

I just saw 50/50. GREAT MOVIE. Totally got snubbed for a best Picture Nomination.

BreakABone 02-28-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason1 (Post 281873)
I just saw 50/50. GREAT MOVIE. Totally got snubbed for a best Picture Nomination.

It was a fantastic film.
And I agree

At the same time, I haven't seen a single best pic nom yet so..

KillerGremlin 03-01-2012 04:40 AM

The Human Centipede - LOL. I had to eventually see it....the final scene was disturbing but this movie was pretty mild...minus the fucked up premise. I'm hoping the sequel is better.

BreakABone 03-01-2012 11:13 AM

The Double- It was on Netflix. And suffers from the same issue Salt did, in which they try to make a compelling, who's bad movie.. by literally making everyone in the movie have double or triple allegiances. One twist is cool.. 2.. is a annoying.. 3 is damning... any further and its a complete mess.

Angrist 03-01-2012 07:14 PM

Scott Pilgrim vs The World.
:D

BreakABone 03-08-2012 11:45 PM

21 Jump Street

See this movie
So damn funny.
One of the best action comedies in a long time.

crenk 04-06-2012 05:41 AM

Last I watch Wrath Of The Titans Movie and I like the action scenes of this movie which seems to me real

Angrist 04-08-2012 04:33 PM

Pitch Black. I liked it, decent action movie. :) I hear The Chronicles of Riddick is better.

Bond 04-08-2012 09:20 PM

Shame.

7/10?

Definitely stays with you.

Seth 04-09-2012 12:30 AM

Hopefully it doesn't stay with, the same way A Dangerous Method does.

I won't be able to see Knightly in any role without her squirm-worthy Russian butchery, jaw-thrusting its intrusion into my cinematic escape. I've never seen over-acting to such a degree, requiring me to believe that her character in fact was acting the entire childhood trauma like a stubborn crackhead playing the motions of a forced rehab session. It's that bad.

The cinematography is great though, and Vigo as Freud makes me chuckle. Any depiction of Freud makes me chuckle. It's as if Cronenberg went with the idea of portraying archetypes for each character and drawing artistic merit from this cigar-every-scene idea. From the opening scene with Jung and his wife, the discontent is pushed too much and becomes an unfortunate source of supplementary melodrama. ugggggh

I love Cronenberg, and I have yet to see his earlier films such as Videodrome and Existenz but I prefer to pretend that they were all on the rye when putting this psychologists' self-pet movie premise to lens, to hard drive, to theatre and finally to my marketing-sensitive unfortunate brain.

It was quite similar to that Coco Chanel movie of recent, where the draw is spousal misadventure with the grand finale of depressing, predictable belief in the sole-inity of human experience.

I want to see Shame.

Moneyball. I really liked it. I love baseball. shit

Let the Bullets Fly - was supposed to be the best Chinese action film of the year. Didn't make it through. Probably lost the 'comedy' point through awful translation.

Teuthida 04-22-2012 12:27 AM

Hugo
Twas alright.

Burn After Reading
Twas ok. I liked it.

Four Lions
Quite funny, and quite sad. Also has Benedict Cumberbatch looking very Ethan Hawkeish.

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
Way way way better than I thought it was going to be. Loved it!

Teuthida 04-28-2012 05:15 PM

Chronicle
Really enjoyed this. Might be one of my favorite "superhero" movies. Also very Akira-esque, which was nice.

Angrist 04-30-2012 01:07 PM

Thor.

Uhmm.... what? I don't think I got it. I'll give it a 6.5. And 1.5 of that is for Nathalie Portman.

Vampyr 04-30-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 282826)
Thor.

Uhmm.... what? I don't think I got it. I'll give it a 6.5. And 1.5 of that is for Nathalie Portman.

What didn't you get? I thought it was a really great movie. Actually bought that one on blu-ray.

Angrist 05-01-2012 03:39 AM

It was a weird story about 2 brothers fighting a battle on Earth. Nothing spectecular... not as a SF movie, not as an action hero movie. Just Nathalie Portman who saved the movie with her cute face.

But I'm not a comic fan, to me these heroes seem 80% silly.