GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Last movies you saw (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17099)

The Germanator 08-25-2011 10:19 PM

Re: Last movies you saw

RoboCop

I had never seen this one, but it was pretty good. Kinda cheesy at points, but still a good action/thriller kinda movie. The fake commercials were hilarious.

Vampyr 08-25-2011 10:45 PM

Heh, RoboCop is one of my favorites.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 278114)
The Social Network. 8/10.

I watched this a couple of days ago as well. Thought it was awesome - the sound track was so good. Several good funny moments as well, the dialogue was perfect.

Also finally got around to seeing True Grit. Really enjoyed it as well.

magus113 08-26-2011 12:45 AM

Finally saw Dawn of the Dead (2004). It was pretty fun, although strange to see Ty Burrell unsuccessfully be a douchebag.

KillerGremlin 08-28-2011 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Germanator (Post 278152)
RoboCop

I had never seen this one, but it was pretty good. Kinda cheesy at points, but still a good action/thriller kinda movie. The fake commercials were hilarious.

Yeah, RoboCop is a black comedy and satire more so than a true Sci-Fi standout. It's a fun movie, and this guy:

KillerGremlin 08-28-2011 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magus113 (Post 278155)
Finally saw Dawn of the Dead (2004). It was pretty fun, although strange to see Ty Burrell unsuccessfully be a douchebag.

I love that movie. Everything about that movie is so good, I can't stand the uptight Romero fans that give it crap. I mean is Romero even worth defending anymore? His past few movies have been pretty average if not sub par, with the exception of The Crazies remake...that was awesome.

Seth 08-29-2011 01:06 AM

22 Bullets - French gangster revenge with Jean Reno. A good movie that accomplishes what it set out to. Violent

Biutiful - Javiar Bardem is good. This movie is sad.

magus113 09-06-2011 10:01 AM

Re-watched Silent Hill again. It wasn't too bad of an adaptation, considering Team Silent had their involvement in it. I fear for the sequel however. None of the original team are working on it, Yamaoka and Team Silent included.

Teuthida 09-06-2011 11:58 AM

Death at a Funeral (2007)

Quite funny. Alan Tudyk was amazing.

Teuthida 09-07-2011 03:34 PM

Symbol

Soooooo weeeeirrrrrrrrrd. But also very funny. From the creator of Big Man Japan.

Embedded the least spoilery trailer. If you're going to watch it, best to go in not knowing much.

Angrist 09-10-2011 03:40 AM

I finished The King of Kong. (I sometimes watch my movies in parts..)
Very nice documentary... but I can't believe that Bill Mitchel let himself be filmed like he's the biggest a-hole ever.

Vampyr 09-10-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 278453)
I finished The King of Kong. (I sometimes watch my movies in parts..)
Very nice documentary... but I can't believe that Bill Mitchel let himself be filmed like he's the biggest a-hole ever.

The makers of the documentary claim he's worse in real life than what they portrayed him, heh.

Teuthida 09-10-2011 01:52 PM

Attack the Block

Fun movie.

magus113 09-10-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampyr (Post 278454)
The makers of the documentary claim he's worse in real life than what they portrayed him, heh.

Yeah that douche is completely full of himself. His restaurant that he owns is actually about an hour north of where I live.

If I were strong enough to go and punch him in the face with no physical repercussions to myself, I'd go do it.

KillerGremlin 09-14-2011 03:37 AM

The Box - Twilight Zone's abortion. Avoid.

Your Highness - Good actors can't save forced/lame jokes. Also avoid. Just hit the bong and watch Harold and Kumar.

Everything Must Go - Will Ferrel proving once again he could be a good actor if he stops typecasting the same roll. The movie was okay.

Our Idiot Brother - Cute and heartwarming. Not bad but a renter.

Let Me In - Really good. Suck my asshole, Twilight.

Going the Distance - I can't imagine Justin Long actually penetrating a female, so this movie was an awkward exercise of me suspending my disbelief that he can actually pork something. Even Charlie Day couldn't save this predictable mess. This movie was a masturbatory display of suffering with an anticlimactic finish. Skip this weak ass shit.

Angrist 09-18-2011 02:28 PM

P.S. I love you. Hm let's give it a 7.5/10.
There aren't too many movies about a husband/wife dying. Very interesting.