GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Nerds on the Rocks/Dual Wielding FeedBack (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20994)

Teuthida 04-28-2010 11:46 PM

Re: Nerds on the Rocks Episode 2

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Knight and Day
The Sorcerer's Apprentice

magus113 04-29-2010 02:37 PM

So topics for tonight's recording if people are down.

On Tap - Summer movies
Question of the week - Up for grabs. Any ideas?
Final Segment - Also up for grabs. Ideas people!

uber_paddler 04-29-2010 03:57 PM

You could always discuss the Activision and Bungie thing. That's pretty topical, and there's a whole bunch you could say about it.

magus113 04-29-2010 06:04 PM

On Tap - Summer movies
Question of the week - Activision and Bungie? Good idea? Bad idea?

Still need that last segment though. Could be about anything that anyone would be willing to throw out.

Teuthida 04-29-2010 10:54 PM

Perhaps some sort of trivia game? Nice way to engage the listeners methinketh.

BreakABone 04-29-2010 11:11 PM

I'm still fond of Keaton's idea of using the 3rd/final segment as a goofy question discussion.

Like, now that Marvel vs Capcom 3 has been announced, what's the next crossover you want to see happen

Something light-hearted like that.

And just so i'm clear, this week is going to be Xantar, Magus and Dietle if he shows up again?

magus113 04-29-2010 11:43 PM

I'm all for just throwing whatever out, but we need to know what whatever is before we start recording, and we need Xantar and Dietle to get a hold of me to set a time for recording. I'm out of town starting Saturday afternoon, but will be coming back Sunday.

My AIM s/n is there on the left if need be. I'm pretty sure I know Xantar's already though.

Xantar 04-30-2010 10:13 AM

I'm around this weekend. Just shoot me a line on AIM.

BreakABone 04-30-2010 06:09 PM

Hopefully you folks can record tonight, had some ideas from early wanted to share

I don't care about order of sessions so will use general terms

For the big topic of the week, I was thinking something like "House Special" as the name

For the general discussion of a big news story, "On Tap"

And for the random ender/question, was thinking "Off the Menu"

I mean you don't have to use, just some things.

As for topics, we're doing summer movie previews this week

Not sure what the following week is,

Think one week should be focused on video game movies (around the release of PoP)

Also think it will be interesting to do one about women in geek culture, how they are treated, why so few movies released for them that aren't like rom-coms and stuff.

Of course, e3 show in early June or so

Default 04-30-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakABone (Post 268052)
Think one week should be focused on video game movies (around the release of PoP)

Also think it will be interesting to do one about women in geek culture, how they are treated, why so few movies released for them that aren't like rom-coms and stuff.

Of course, e3 show in early June or so

Great topics. Especially game movies; a lot of movement there lately (SOTC, RE:A trailer, etc). Love the idea of one main focus per cast, and not being restricted by only game-related things.

magus113 04-30-2010 07:16 PM

Even if we can't record tonight I'm down for using some of those topics.

uber_paddler 04-30-2010 07:26 PM

If the E3 podcast takes place before or after E3 then I'm down for being on it. if it happens during E3 I won't be able to, since I'll, you know, be there.

dietele 04-30-2010 10:45 PM

I'm free any time Sunday afternoon, I'll be hanging out and studying for Finals so just let me know and I'll make the time. I don't know how this is done, so you guys will have to bear with me and fill me in on the process.

Any time from 12-5? Sunday works best because Saturday is FCBD and the weather is supposed to be beautiful.

magus113 05-01-2010 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dietele (Post 268069)
I'm free any time Sunday afternoon, I'll be hanging out and studying for Finals so just let me know and I'll make the time. I don't know how this is done, so you guys will have to bear with me and fill me in on the process.

Any time from 12-5? Sunday works best because Saturday is FCBD and the weather is supposed to be beautiful.

I won't be home Saturday so that actually kinda works out depending on when I get home. The best thing to do for right now would be to give me your AIM s/n and I can get a hold of you that way.

The way we record the podcast is over Skype, and then after we record it gets sent over to thatmariolover, who then edits it and puts it up for all to listen.

BreakABone 05-01-2010 12:44 PM

Okay, so I think shall go back to original idea of making Sundays recording time.

So rain or shine, whoever is here tomorrow shall be on the show.
Let's aim for 4-5 pm EST