GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Last movies you saw (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17099)

Ric 06-16-2009 09:37 PM

Re: Last movies you saw

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teuthida (Post 252751)
Haven't found it online yet. Shall get from Netflix sometime soon.

I have found a torrent where you can get a copy. If you like I can PM you a link, just let me know. It is the only one I have found so far too.

Just watched Bridge To Terabithia, it's not often I will watch a Disney movie but I actually thought this was a good film. Anyone who has seen it will know what I mean when I say, 'Disney really can be cruel/nasty mother fuckers when they want to be.'

Teuthida 06-16-2009 09:45 PM

Oh thanks. That would be much appreciated.

KillerGremlin 06-17-2009 02:22 AM

Just watched A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge. Entertaining and cheesey movie with some wonderful cinematography and some classic horror shots in some classic horror scenes. It does show a bit of its campiness, and yeah..Freddy got campy in the latter movies.

I'm actually thinking about just knocking out the whole Nightmare on Elm Street series. I used to be terrified of these films when I was a kid.

Bube 06-17-2009 04:16 AM

Ok, I've got a problem with watching movies. I watched Blade Runner last night, a movie I simply love, and fell asleep during the last 30 minutes again. What is wrong with me?

Angrist 06-17-2009 06:37 AM

You work too hard.

Try getting a bit more sleep. Go enjoy the calmness and beauty of nature, it has a very positive effect.

Pff, who's the doctor here?

KillerGremlin 06-17-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bube (Post 252943)
Ok, I've got a problem with watching movies. I watched Blade Runner last night, a movie I simply love, and fell asleep during the last 30 minutes again. What is wrong with me?

Are you watching movies in bed? I stopped watching movies in bed at night because I often find myself falling asleep. Usually at night I just turn on a TV show (currently watching the hell out of Arrested Development). I try to watch movies during the day, or while I'm on AIM. Watching with friends helps too. Or, you could try to keep yourself awake by counting shots or something. :lolz: See how many cuts are in the film or how many times they abuse slow motion.

Bube 06-17-2009 01:16 PM

Haha :D No, I don't watch in bed, I watch on a couch, but lying down :D I think it's because I got used to sleeping at 12-1 o'clock at night, and my movie watching usually falls in between those times.

I do get a lot of sleep lately Angrist, I'm on summer vacation, I sleep for 10 hours every day :D

Angrist 06-17-2009 04:06 PM

Ok then my new diagnosys is: you sleep too much. Sleeping makes you tired! Get a healthy rythm going, by sleeping and waking early.

And yes, watching a movie while lying on the couch, at a time at which your body is used to being asleep... seems pretty obvious?

Bube 06-17-2009 05:27 PM

Yeah, I guess so. Never used to happen before though :)

And I just watched Yes Man, like it a lot, was really good. And I didn't fall asleep, lol :D

Teuthida 06-18-2009 05:44 AM

Ip Man

Awesome. By far one of the best movies I've seen in a while. Won best picture in the last Hong Kong Film Awards. Watch it.

Seth 06-19-2009 01:31 AM

Ip Man was good, however, something about it either dragged on or just didn't click fully. Maybe it was the cultural clash between Chinese and Japanese, like, through a HK perspective. They've got unsettled war issues and i just felt foreign to the rather...dreary wartime heartdrama theme.

I'd recommend if you like donnie yen. I liked flashpoint. I think it was the final fightscene that just rocked. mma

so i saw The day the Earth Stood Still. awful. expected.

also, Raising Arizona and the Lady Killers

Millennium Mambo < -- I recommend! def a slow/art wrencher. Its interesting now because it happened about 10 years ago ;) Why that timeline. What's the significance? ...

summertime is movie time

Teuthida 06-19-2009 06:36 AM

Miracles

Such a fun movie. Will have to find a subtitled version someday. Thanks again Ric.

Getting Flash Point now.

The Germanator 06-19-2009 09:49 AM

I watched Wild at Heart, directed by David Lynch. Not really my favorite by his, but that first scene is amazing, and so is the acting throughout.

Seth 06-19-2009 09:47 PM

Young Frankenstein (1974) Mel Brookes is funny. Black n white, everyone's probably already seen 'cept me.

Harakiri (1962) Masaki Kobayashi I'm liking this director more n more. Harakiri was amazing. Boring maybe in a few spots but once the plot gets laid out more it begins to tense ya up n hope! I'd recommend this to anyone who enjoyed Seven Samurai, but I felt this film paced and crescendo'd much like Yoji Yamada's 'The Twilight Samurai'. Which was good. little slow but not long.

Kagemusha (1980) Kurasawa Saw this a few weeks ago, this flick left me feeling sad at the end. It was like a yearning for the protagonist to continue the ruse. Think Ran

I saw Ji Ji (Miracles) a while ago but I can't remember any of it! i hate that

Dylflon 06-19-2009 11:08 PM

Saw Away We Go recently in theaters.

So good.