GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Last movies you saw (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17099)

Angrist 06-07-2009 02:28 PM

Re: Last movies you saw

The Simpsons Movie. 5/10

Man, that was boring. I was hoping they had saved up the best jokes for like 2 seasons. But this was hardly funny. And I didn't like the way they colored it, too bland.

Ric 06-07-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teuthida (Post 252264)
I think Battle Royale was the first modern Japanese movie I saw. Been a while. There was a sequel too right?

Yeah, Battle Royal 2, but it is pretty crap. Stick with the origional ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthawk (Post 252265)
oh god, I've watched that film about 2 or 3 years ago but I had forgotten the name. thank you Ric, I'll... "acquire" the film when I get back home on tuesday.

I first saw the film years ago too and have actually watched it several times, I mentioned it because I had just watched it again and thought it would be a good one to post. Yes, you ''acquire'' the film, that is my normal method ;) I like to ''acquire'' things.

Now for Sunday, after watching the Turkish GP I was unable to use the laptop (it's not mine) so I thought, what have I not seen yet? So today I watched all the Harry Potter's back to back. That'll save me some reading. My favourite scene from the five movies? When Hermiony punches Malfoy in the face. It was about time, if I was Harry I would have kicked the shit out of him on day one :lol:

I want the next HP now.

Teuthida 06-08-2009 07:59 PM

36th Chamber of Shaolin

I really like when most of the movie is the training. Good stuff.

Ric 06-10-2009 09:00 PM

Just watched 21. The film that came out last year with Kevin Spacey in thats about card counting in blackjack. I thought it was pretty good, well worth a watch if you have not seen it. I would also say if you like it you should check out another film I like that it reminded me of - Boiler Room.

KillerGremlin 06-11-2009 05:14 PM

I watched The Hangover....the laughs kept coming, but it helped that I was in a packed theater.

Fox 6 06-11-2009 10:27 PM

Saw UP today.

Amazing, as I expected. Very funny and original.

Teuthida 06-12-2009 07:32 PM

Densha Otoko (Train Man)

Based on a true story. An otaku stops a drunk man on the train from harassing this lady and she sends him a gift as a thank you. The otaku known as Train Man posts his story on a message board and with the help of the members gets continuous advice about how to go about dating the woman.

It was first a book in the form of message board posts and has also been turned into several manga, a tv series, and this movie. I read one of the manga before watching the movie, which was good, but the movie captures Train Man's dorkiness much better. What I really like is you see the chorus of people on the message board posting their help from their respective homes/jobs and see how Train Man's story affects their lives.

Angrist 06-13-2009 08:52 AM

Sounds very interesting, I'll try to find it.

Teuthida 06-14-2009 08:43 PM

Supercop

I'm running out of Jackie Chan movies to watch from Netflix's Watch Instantly list.

Angrist 06-15-2009 06:21 AM

Did you see The Myth? My brother loved it because it's so bad.

Teuthida 06-15-2009 08:53 PM

Just watched The Myth. It was...well, it was pretty...and the historical drama part was good. First martial arts movie with flying I've seen where there's actually a reason behind it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ric (Post 252247)
But by far one of my absolute favourite Jackie Chan films is called 'Miracles' I highly recommend this film, it's a must see.

Haven't found it online yet. Shall get from Netflix sometime soon.

BreakABone 06-15-2009 09:53 PM

I "watched" Bangkok Dangerous.

It was like 3 in the morning and I was at work so was in and out of sleep.

Anyhow... as far as I can tell its about a long-haired Nick Cage teaching an Asian kid karate... think about it

Seth 06-15-2009 10:40 PM

I love Jackie Chan. He's da man. I'm going to get a 'bundle' of his films once I have more storage capacity. There aren't too many of his movies that I have yet to see, but a lot of them were viewed so long ago I need a refresher.

I have to see Project A still. The sequel was soo good, can't believe I haven't gotten to the original yet. Also, I wanna check Thunderbolt cuz of the race scenes. I heard 3 Brothers(aka dragons forever) is super.

Angrist 06-16-2009 07:08 AM

Sunshine Cleaning. 7.5/10
I didn't really know what to expect, but it was entertaining. Definately more of a woman's movie though. There were 10 girls and 4 guys in the theater.

Oh and I recognized the main character as the girl from Catch Me If You Can. She played a pretty good role here.

Bube 06-16-2009 09:34 AM

I watched Get Smart last night, but fell asleep during the last 30 minutes. Not that it was boring/bad, I was just too sleepy, and it was too late. What I saw I liked, pretty funny if you look at it the way it was meant to be looked at. 7/10