GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Holy Cows Spiderman 4 Canned, Raimi/Maguire Quit (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20466)

manasecret 07-15-2011 11:52 PM

Re: Holy Cows Spiderman 4 Canned, Raimi/Maguire Quit

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakABone (Post 277443)
At the end of the day, no matter how this movie turns out

Emma Stone/Andrew Garfield are so much hotter than MacGuire/Dunst

HA good one.

BreakABone 07-20-2011 10:58 AM

The Teaser that is in front of Capt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqwaxJw6JP8&hd=1
Back-up

Vampyr 07-20-2011 03:19 PM

I enjoyed the trailer, only thing that disappointed me was no footage of the lizard!

Also, I wonder if they are going to skip over the whole 'spider-man doesn't stop a criminal and he kills uncle ben' part of the story?

I mean, that's kind of critical to spider-man's origins, but at the same time I don't really want a significant part of the movie dedicated to it, since that already happened in the other one.

I think they're going to have a tough time doing a 2nd origin story and also making it feel different from the first.

Angrist 07-20-2011 03:45 PM

3/4 of the trailer is so stupid. We've seen all this a few years ago.

The last 1/4 can make the movie worthwile. It's like a mix of Aliens vs Predator (playing as an Alien) and Mirror's Edge.
Only here you can't control it yourself. Hm... I guess it's not as good then. :)

Teuthida 07-23-2011 11:56 AM

BreakABone 11-30-2011 11:29 AM

Seems concept art for The Lizard has been set free

TheSlyMoogle 12-06-2011 03:14 AM

Honestly that looks like the shitty reptile people in the super mario brothers movie. That one with Bob Hoskins, you know that one people don't talk about.

Professor S 12-09-2011 12:53 PM

For some reason Hollywood has an obsession with having all characters maintain a human mouth. The biggest examples of this are Optimus Prime's awful CGI face in the movies, and worse, Snake Eyes...

KillerGremlin 12-09-2011 04:22 PM

The point of the reboot is to go dark, right?

Spidey 1 and 2 absolutely fell apart in the CGI department and are hilariously bad. But the "comic feel" is pretty good. It seems like the best Marvel movies are the ones injected with tons of humor: Ironman was hilarious, The Avengers movie coming out looks to be hilarious.

I've said it like 14 times on this very forum, but the reason why Batman Begins and the Dark Knight are both so good is because they picked pretty "realistic" villains and they DON'T SHOW A TON OF FIGHTING. There's a lot of regular, non-CGI stunts in the Dark Knight. The whole bank scene at the beginning is brilliant cinematography and will look just as good in 50 years as it does today. We will see how Nolan handles Catwoman...but different thread.

Anyway, I don't understand why we don't go with The Kingpin. Dark, logical, human...and a serious foil in the Spidey universe. The problem with Spiderman is the villains are hugely CGI dependent. But...Hellboy was great and has held up well. I think they used a lot of body suites and real props. I love that movie.

Also, a dark Spiderman reboot beckons a dark symbiote story arc. Where is the Carnage that kills people left and right. Put that guy on screen.

I still have mixed feelings about this reboot.

KillerGremlin 12-09-2011 04:37 PM

Hell, as a long time Spidey fan I was really happy with Norman Osborn being the main villain. William Dafoe is a little too Shakespeare and not quite dark enough to be Osborn, IN MY OPINION, but the movie is light-humored and has levity.

A reboot with Osborn as a villain would work, but who wants to see that again.

I still think you gotta go Kingpin. Tombstone, Hammerhead, the Rhino, and Shocker, are all classic Spider-Man villains and have enough reality to ground them like the Nolan choices that make the Batman movies work.

Throw in the Kingpin as the leader planning some dirty crime, add in one of the above baddies, and I think you could make a really enjoyable movie.

Here's the thing though....Spider-Man is a jokester and the comics are full of levity. Spidey always has inner-monologues. I feel like Spider-Man 1 and 2 both captures some of the levity. I was okay with Tobey Maguire being Peter Parker. Ultimate Spider-Man really appeals to the younger generation...but it doesn't read a whole lot darker. If anything, the original Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 was much darker towards the middle and end of the run. I'm not up to date on any comics....because there's too much shit to follow, too many reboots, special events. Bleh. It's like a full time job trying to keep up with all the stupid comics these days.

BreakABone 12-09-2011 06:55 PM

Here's the latest poster, pretty awesome

Teuthida 12-11-2011 01:34 PM

Teuthida 12-15-2011 06:54 AM

Teuthida 02-07-2012 06:06 AM

KillerGremlin 02-07-2012 06:11 AM

It's got a very Ultimate Spider-Man vibe.