GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Last movies you saw (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17099)

Bube 03-03-2009 12:36 PM

Re: Last movies you saw

Slumdog Millionare. The romantic part was a bit weak, but I loved what it tried to get across.. (or what I got from what it tried to say :)) 9/10

magus113 03-04-2009 07:31 PM

Saw Planet Terror for the first time this past weekend. Ridiculously stupid fun movie. But I love those ridiculously crazy shoot everything in sight action flicks.

Saw The Wrestler too. Amazing, especially since named after the Springsteen tune.

And Slumdog, I enjoyed, but I didn't think it was worth ALL of the awards it got. But meh. That's me.

In other news, gonna catch the midnight release for Watchmen. I read the comic, and although I know they altered the plot a little bit, I want to see how it did.

Angrist 03-05-2009 10:37 AM

Das Leben der Anderen. 8/10. Wow, what a time that was in east Germany.

We started Mean Creek, but halfway we got bored and ffwed through the rest of the movie. From what we saw, I'd give it a 5/10. Too much swearing and dirty humor.

GameMaster 03-06-2009 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 246109)
We started Mean Creek, but halfway we got bored and ffwed through the rest of the movie. From what we saw, I'd give it a 5/10. Too much swearing and dirty humor.

I always meant to see that but haven't got around to it. Thanks for reminding me :)

Teuthida 03-06-2009 11:50 PM

Dark City. Can't believe it took me this long to finally watch it.

Fox 6 03-07-2009 03:32 AM

Watchmen

Very good

The Germanator 03-07-2009 12:59 PM

I watched Gremlins for the umpteenth time drunk on Swiss beer last night on the tour bus. I love touring sometimes...The two Gremlins movies might be my favorite series of all time.

Jonbo298 03-07-2009 02:40 PM

Watchmen for someone who hasn't seen the comic, was OK to me. Nothing really standout, but it wasn't terrible. I know the comic was full of full frontal for Manhattan, and the movie had to stay faithful, but damn the amount of blue penis was a little surprising :p More surprising is that it got away with an R rating and yet everyone freaked over Zack and Miri which had far less frontal.

Though seeing people at midnight IMAX showing dressed up was a little funny. Good times...

Angrist 03-11-2009 10:23 AM

Entre Les Murs. 8/10
A French arthouse movie of half a year old, I saw it in cinema. Not so much happens, but it's a great picture of being a teacher in a poor suburb school in Paris. None of the characters were professional actors, but you wouldn't notice.

Teuthida 03-13-2009 12:19 AM

Galaxy Quest

Good solid movie. Better than I remember.

Angrist 03-13-2009 05:03 AM

Girl, Interrupted. 8/10.

Pretty ironic how Winona Ryder asks the audience if they have ever stolen anything even though they had the cash.

Swan 03-14-2009 03:27 PM

Watched The Onion Movie and The Planet last night with Combine.

Onion was pretty funny.

The Planet was just.....ugh. So bad

The Germanator 03-14-2009 10:43 PM

Lars and the Real Girl. Very good! It's about a not very well adjusted young man who orders one of those "Real Dolls" which is life size and anatomically correct.

I dunno, it was a well done movie. Weird, yet very touching.

Teuthida 03-15-2009 01:51 AM

Crows ZERO

Japanese movie where the son of a yakuza boss tries to become ruler of his school where apparently no classes take place and no teachers are seen past the first 3 min, and yet everyone goes there everyday just to fight. Fun.

I have two more battle school movies on my to watch list.

The Germanator 03-15-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teuthida (Post 246776)
Crows ZERO

Japanese movie where the son of a yakuza boss tries to become ruler of his school where apparently no classes take place and no teachers are seen past the first 3 min, and yet everyone goes there everyday just to fight. Fun.

I have two more battle school movies on my to watch list.

Is "Battle School Movies" an official Japanese genre? If so, that's kinda funny.