GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anime Thread for discussing/recommending anime and stuff (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20759)

Teuthida 04-06-2010 10:51 PM

Re: Anime Thread for discussing/recommending anime and stuff

Your Blue Seed reminded me of Blue Submarine No. 6 which I have to add to my list. Sort of like The Island of Dr. Moreau but with sea creatures.

I enjoyed what I read of the Gantz manga but then had trouble finding more of it. Just read the author's previous series Zero One about a virtual fighting game. Twas good but ended too soon.

magus113 04-11-2010 11:04 AM

Just finished watching the first season and first movie of Cardcaptor Sakura. I think the show is starting to pick up a bit which is cool. Most of the episodes in the beginning were kinda repetitive but once Sakura started getting more magical powers you start to notice things change a little bit. Hopefully the rest of the show is good. Going through another 35 episodes isn't exactly time consuming.

Also I saw Yotsuba&! at the bookstore yesterday and I want to read it but I doubt it'll be as funny as Azumanga Daioh since it seems more for kids, but I'm not sure. Anyone have any opinions on it?

magus113 04-11-2010 06:27 PM

Also holy SHIT at Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood 52. That shit was rawk

uber_paddler 04-11-2010 07:07 PM

What!? It happened!? Didn't know it was out yet, haven't done my daily cruise for new stuff yet. I'll rectify that mistake immediately.

magus113 04-11-2010 07:10 PM

http://www.animedreaming.com/fullmet...od-episode-52/

Streaming, but it's there.

uber_paddler 04-11-2010 07:11 PM

Thanks, but I'm getting it from Eclipse now.

uber_paddler 04-16-2010 12:15 AM

I think I've finally nailed down my list of shows for the season. Pretty impressed by the [comparatively] low number of terrible shows this spring. I've got:

Arakawa Under the Bridge
Kiss x Sis
B Gata H Kei
Hakuouki
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
Senkou no Night Raid

I've only seen the first episode of Arakawa so far, but I think it will easily be the best show of the season. It's very similar to Bakemonogatari, which I loved. It is also produced by Shaft, and their craziness appeals to me.

magus113 04-16-2010 08:01 AM

I've slowed down a lot with the Cardcaptor Sakura, but I do want to finish it, there's a lot of things I want to catch up on or start watching.

This last season is...interesting to say the least. The beginning seems a tad convoluted to me, but it's starting to clear up bit by bit.

magus113 04-16-2010 11:21 PM

Just finished watching this random movie I found on an anime tracker I'm a member of called 5 Centimeters Per Second.

It's a pretty good romance anime (I guess you could call it a) film. It wasn't amazing, but it definitely wasn't a waste of time either. It's split into two or three episodes, and the ending is a little unexpected. Give it a shot, you might be surprised.

BlueFire 04-17-2010 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magus113 (Post 267265)
Just finished watching this random movie I found on an anime tracker I'm a member of called 5 Centimeters Per Second.

It's a pretty good romance anime (I guess you could call it a) film. It wasn't amazing, but it definitely wasn't a waste of time either. It's split into two or three episodes, and the ending is a little unexpected. Give it a shot, you might be surprised.

A friend and I saw that movie. It was stunning visually but it was pretty boring in the second and third parts.

uber_paddler 04-17-2010 11:48 PM

Hmm, so I started watching Seto No Hanayome tonight. So far I'm really enjoying it. It's not exactly what you'd call good, from a lot of different standpoints. It's not exactly deep, probably more cliche than would be normal, and pretty silly. But it's the silliness that I find myself enjoying. It's not "good", per se, but it is fun, and sometimes that's all I'm looking for.

magus113 04-18-2010 01:29 AM

I downloaded the Bebop movie in HD yesterday, can't wait to watch that again, it's been a while). On this last leg of Cardcaptor Sakura, although I'm not entirely sure of what I'm gonna watch immediately after. I was totally down for Haruhi but I'm waiting for Geo to come down for that.

I might just try and finish Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. I still have yet to finish it if you can believe it.

uber_paddler 04-18-2010 01:58 AM

Well, if you need suggestions, I cannot recommend Baccano strongly enough. No matter how much I recommend it, I couldn't possibly do it justice.

magus113 04-18-2010 02:18 AM

Probably gonna throw that into my list of shows to catch.

BlueFire 04-18-2010 04:36 PM

I love Ghost in the Shell: SAC! It's so good and I rarely hear people mention it.