GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Last movies you saw (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17099)

Vampyr 07-18-2008 03:53 PM

Re: Last movies you saw

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyne (Post 234392)
Wait, so.. Snakes on a Plane wasn't graphical with snakes going through people's eyes and shit?

Heheh, I thought the same thing when I read that. I don't see how Snakes on a Plane could be less offensive than just about any movie.

Angrist 07-18-2008 03:55 PM

It was different. So over the top that it was unbelievable (and also darker and harder to see). I'd rather see snakes kill people than people kill people...

Dyne 07-19-2008 08:21 PM

I just saw Get Smart today. It's actually pretty good, I recommend it if you're tired of Dark Knight and find yourself at a theater.

Swan 07-19-2008 08:42 PM

Weird, when I opened this thread and saw the Snakes on a Plane talk the theme song came on on my music player.

Neat

Angrist 07-20-2008 04:30 AM

A few times I had a song stuck in my head, turned on the radio and heard that song.
Only happened 2 or 3 times though...

BreakABone 07-20-2008 12:16 PM

Vantage Point.
A movie redeemed by its last 20 mins or so.
Awesome car chase.

KillerGremlin 07-20-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakABone (Post 234527)
Vantage Point.
A movie redeemed by its last 20 mins or so.
Awesome car chase.

Awesomely unrealistic car chase! Wasn't that the stupid movie where that little car (what was it, a Focus?) got railed by an 18-wheeler? Physics would have annihilated that car.

I had to sit through that movie in theaters, maybe that's why I'm bitter.

Angrist 07-20-2008 04:22 PM

I saw I, Robot again. Great movie, 8/10. Maybe 9/10.

BreakABone 07-23-2008 04:19 PM

American Pie: Beta House

I tend to avoid the spin-offs but heard good stuff about this one.
It was a fun college movie. Apparently, it was a sequel to the prior one but wasn't too interested in seeing it.

And it seems like the Stilfer clan became the stars of the movie.

manasecret 07-23-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerGremlin (Post 234548)
Awesomely unrealistic car chase! Wasn't that the stupid movie where that little car (what was it, a Focus?) got railed by an 18-wheeler? Physics would have annihilated that car.

Oh GODS the reverse timer countdown! All twenty people in the theater were groaning by the third time, and were openly mocking the movie by the tenth time they reversed time back to zero. What a terrible plot device.

And, yes, whatever that tiny ass car was, I want one of those for me and my family.

BreakABone 07-23-2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerGremlin (Post 234548)

Not saying it was a masterpiece of theatre nor was the climax realistic, but it was a fine good car chase. :lolz:

Quote:

Originally Posted by manasecret (Post 234840)
Oh GODS the reverse timer countdown! All twenty people in the theater were groaning by the third time, and were openly mocking the movie by the tenth time they reversed time back to zero. What a terrible plot device.

And, yes, whatever that tiny ass car was, I want one of those for me and my family.

I thought it would never end.
Was watching with my co-worker and the first time it did it we groaned. And then the second.. and third.. and jeebsus.

Finally, she left to get some food and I told her the scene she left for was the final one they did it for. haha

The Germanator 07-28-2008 08:17 PM

I saw Step-Brothers a couple of days ago...It was...interesting. 10 minutes in you basically know that the plot is going absolutely nowhere and is more or less pointless. It's as if Ferrell, Reilly, and Apatow just said "wouldn't it be funny if we just had these two 40 year olds who become step-brothers, and then in turn act like 9 years for 1.5 hours? Who cares if it doesn't make sense, we'll write about 100 good one-liners and we're good to go!"

That said, it is actually pretty funny, and part of me respects that they just threw out the idea of having an intelligible plot and just went straight for the funny lines. I heard that the original cut of the film was 5.5 hours, and that would have probably been unbearable, but at 1.5 hours I recommend it, it made me laugh enough to warrant a trip to the movies.

BreakABone 07-28-2008 08:24 PM

So I saw Hancock after TDK today.

It was okay but wish they went a bit more into the backstory. and maybe created some villains instead of some random jailbirds who were angry.

DeathsHand 07-28-2008 09:06 PM

I watched In The Mouth of Madness last night...

I used to be big into horror films, then a week or so ago my boss asked me "So do you have any other horror recommendations besides Session 9?", and I drew a blank...

Supposedly the film is John Carpenter as influenced by H.P. Lovecraft... But... Not being a big reader, I can't say I'm really familiar with him other than hearing his name tossed around everywhere as a big influence on everybody involved in horror...

A few genuinely creepy moments... But overall pretty goofy and uninteresting...

Bube 07-29-2008 05:57 AM

I watched The Dark Night last friday (opening night here) in an IMAX theater. Everything's already talked to death about it, so I'll just say I loved it :)