GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20463)

Teuthida 06-02-2010 03:57 PM

Re: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

And more hair colors.

BreakABone 06-17-2010 04:33 PM

International trailer
Shows some new footage
Still looks boss :cool:

Dylflon 06-18-2010 04:21 AM

I bought all the comics and I'm now obsessed.

Read Scott Pilgrim, for it is glorious!

BreakABone 08-05-2010 10:46 PM

Just came back from seeing this.

And I will say it was a fun and enjoyable movie.

I thought it boiled the comics down pretty hard, but still maintained the wit and charm of the comics for the most part.

I am also a bigger fan of the ending in the movie than the comics.

And some awesome boss fights

Xantar 08-16-2010 07:44 PM

I'm kind of glad I never saw the trailers for this movie and just went in on the recommendation of friends and people on this forum. That way, I could be surprised by the super-powered vegan (because being vegan makes him better than everyone else) or by the fact that Ramona has "seven evil exes" and not "seven evil ex-boyfriends" is actually a plot point. The essence of the movie, as far as I can tell, is that it will pretty much do anything to keep you entertained.

Also, someone needs to write a Scott Pilgrim vs Travis Touchdown fanfic.

Also, we should make BAB do a 151 Proof Movie review of this movie. He would take a drink every time there's a Zelda sound.

Typhoid 08-17-2010 01:22 AM

I just got back from seeing this with some friends.
I haven't read, nor even seen one of the comics before I saw the movie.
I also hate Michael Cera now. He plays the same character in everything he does. I will give this movie credit for making him an awkward 22 year old instead of an awkward teenager. At least his roles have been slowly aging since Arrested Development.

Anyways, the movie had some funny parts. However they were funny because of what was happening, not what was said. Such as Scott jumping out of a window, for example.

The best person in this movie hands down is Kieran Culkin. Everything he touches turns to hilarious queer magic.

Anyways, I wasn't really down with a lot of the things in the movie. Like I said, I didn't read the comics, and I'm not a fan of comics. So a movie that is meant to be a comic-on-film doesn't really do it for me. It had some enjoyable parts, and I was already in love with Mary Winstead before this movie existed, so I got by.

Teuthida 08-25-2010 10:35 PM

Still haven't seen it but that's disappointing. Was hoping Cera would actually do some acting for once.

Found this poster:

The Germanator 08-31-2010 06:21 PM

Damn, I just realized that Scott Pilgrim is already gone from most theaters around here...Guess it didn't go so great at the box office, but I really wanted to check it out. Whoops.

Professor S 08-31-2010 11:51 PM

It really bombed, surprisingly.

Combine 017 09-01-2010 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor S (Post 272081)
It really bombed, surprisingly.

Really?
I thought it was awesome.

Typhoid 09-01-2010 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Combine 017 (Post 272090)
Really?
I thought it was awesome.

Well that totally changes the box office figures! :)

Combine 017 09-01-2010 01:43 AM

Oh sweet.
I saved the day yet again!

thatmariolover 09-01-2010 05:47 PM

I drove with a couple friends for two hours to find a theater with this movie and we were not disappointed.

Regardless of Cera's tendency to choose the same roles, he plays the characters well. And I thought Scott Pilgrim was different enough to add some flavor.