GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   The Walking Dead: The Television Series (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20033)

Typhoid 01-31-2012 04:15 PM

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor S (Post 281222)
I agree that the hiatus is waaaayyyy too long. There is a fine line between building anticipation and having your audience forget about you.

yeah, I can't wait for Game of Thr-...aw, fuck.

Angrist 01-31-2012 05:51 PM

What about Game of Thrones?

KillerGremlin 01-31-2012 07:01 PM

The other thing that pisses me off about the hiatus is that the new episode has been leaked, and spoilers are everywhere.

Reading about the way AMC manages their shows and station, it is pretty evident that they are run by the morons who got fired from FOX. It's amazing that AMC is home of Breaking Bad and Mad Men.

I'm pretty sure the Walking Dead is pulling in more viewers than both shows, which is ironic. =/ You would think that since The Walking Dead is the station's moneymaker, they would give it first-class treatment. Instead, AMC has slashed the show's budget, and they plan to do another calculated hiatus next year. As bad as AMC is, they haven't even touched FOX.

Let's not forget FOX's accolades:

Cancelling Arrested Development, Family Guy, Futurama, Firefly, Titus

Renewing the Simpsons for Season 21313204832704871240917240812347

That number would be more coherent and accurate if I wasn't frustrated at how shitty the Simpsons have become.

The best thing to emerge from the FOX cesspool in the past few years has been Bob's Burgers. That show is a winner.

FOX can't even get sports right. Troy Aikman and Joe Buck can go fuck themselves for being the worst sports commentators ever. Bleh. Sorry for the tangential rant everyone.

Typhoid 01-31-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 281239)
What about Game of Thrones?

It's just been soo long.

Professor S 01-31-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Typhoid (Post 281231)
yeah, I can't wait for Game of Thr-...aw, fuck.

LOL! Well at least they finished a full season...

Angrist 02-01-2012 03:01 AM

Can't really blame them, can you? They worked a long time on 1 season, then they needed to find out if it was a success before they could make a next.

Teuthida 02-01-2012 06:58 AM

I don't see what the big deal is. The first season was six eps and you had to wait a year to see more. It's not like you already got used to watching 13 eps of this show a year.

Now Mad Men...that's been killing me.

Professor S 02-01-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teuthida (Post 281266)
I don't see what the big deal is. The first season was six eps and you had to wait a year to see more. It's not like you already got used to watching 13 eps of this show a year.

Yes, but AMC only ordered 6 episodes. They then ordered a full season, but that's really beside the point. Other shows take a mid-season hiatus as well, like Supernatural, but come back much sooner. In the end, I think the term "hiatus" is what bothers me. They should just create a new model of "mini-seasons" and be done with it: 6 episodes fall, winter, spring, with a break in the summer.

KillerGremlin 02-01-2012 07:22 PM

Prof S hit the nail on the head.

The issue is also pacing....if you are going to have a "mini season," then pace the damn show! I don't know if you all forgot, but Season 2 of the Walking Dead wasn't a stellar tour de force from start to finish.

The writing is not aligned with a "mini season." Maybe they can fine tune that with new expectations for the next season.

Bond 02-01-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teuthida (Post 281266)

Soooooo excited for that premiere.

Also, Joe Buck is atrocious.

TheSlyMoogle 02-11-2012 09:41 AM

One more day boys. One more day...

Professor S 02-11-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSlyMoogle (Post 281493)
One more day boys. One more day...

...until we can start bitching about the show again.

TheSlyMoogle 02-11-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor S (Post 281495)

Eh I'm still excited. I'm giving it until the end of the season. If it still lacks I'll drop the show as one of the few shows I watch.

BreakABone 02-11-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor S (Post 281495)

Well some of us!
Others can enjoy the show without complaining too much. :P

Professor S 02-11-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakABone (Post 281498)
Well some of us!
Others can enjoy the show without complaining too much. :P

I'm with you. I think they went a long way in fixing a lot of what went awry in the final few episodes. At the very least the show has always been entertaining (IMO), even if disappointing at times. My main concern over the hiatus was that it would lose momentum/audience and therefore be cancelled due to production costs.