GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Last movies you saw (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17099)

Combine 017 06-16-2008 01:43 AM

Re: Last movies you saw

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 227913)
War on The Shins?
Walking on Tin Shields?
William of Ten Sharks?
Weekends of Tiring Sleep?

I have no clue what the hell your talking about. But no, War of the Servers. An hour long machinima film about G-mod and mingebags. :p

Angrist 06-18-2008 05:19 PM

Indiana Jones 4. 6/10
25 years and that's what they came up with? It could have been so epic... :(

Vampyr 06-23-2008 12:30 PM

As you can see from my sig, I saw There Will Be Blood on Saturday night.

It was a pretty epic movie. I'm not sure -what- it is I liked so much about it, it seemed to have no real direction most of the time. There was no clear "beginning and end", just one man's decent to madness. I enjoyed it.

Daniel Day Lewis pretty much made the movie what it was, though.

Bube 06-23-2008 01:18 PM

I watched Ratatouille a few nights ago. It made me remember why I loved Pixar so much.

Fox 6 06-23-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampyr (Post 230500)
I'm not sure -what- it is I liked so much about it, it seemed to have no real direction most of the time. There was no clear "beginning and end", just one man's decent to madness. I enjoyed it.

Daniel Day Lewis pretty much made the movie what it was, though.

This.

Fyacin 06-23-2008 08:18 PM

Saw Annapolis the other day, stupid movie. Getting Ruroni Kenshi on netflix now, on disc 8 I think, it's starting to get interesting.

Vampyr 06-23-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fyacin (Post 230583)
Saw Annapolis the other day, stupid movie. Getting Ruroni Kenshi on netflix now, on disc 8 I think, it's starting to get interesting.

Rurouni Kenshin is awesome! One of the best animes I've watched.

The Shishio arc is amazing.

DeathsHand 06-24-2008 06:16 PM

I watched Dead Man last night.

Aladuf 06-24-2008 06:54 PM

I just finished National Treasure 2, I rented it on Blu-ray last night and it was really good. I loved the first one and this one was right on par with it. And it was a quite good looking Blu-ray too.

Davis 06-24-2008 07:55 PM

Um... the last movie I watched was Iron Man. I thought it was pretty good!

The Germanator 06-29-2008 11:37 PM

I just watched Mister Lonely. I can't say I've ever truly loved a Harmony Korine movie, but they are certainly different. Refreshing in bizarre ways...

BreakABone 06-30-2008 06:14 AM

Now mind you this is the past 2 weeks or so but haven't remembered to post.

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. I didn't hate it, but it isn't my favorite movie of all time. I would say it is a solid 3rd as far as Indy flicks go.

Charlie Bartlett. Not quite sure what drew me to this movie, but I was disappointed really. But it has Aladuf's golden boy (well not Flunkie) Robert Downey.

Stardust. This was an interesting movie. I say folks should watch.

The Incredible Hulk. A nice summer movie. One of the best climaxes in some time. Here's to you the Dark Knight.

The Bucket List. Jack gets to be JAck while Morgan is Morgan. It was a decent movie but expected more from the premise. Also curious to do my own bucket list but so morbid.

I think that's it.

Ooooo

Batman: Gotham Knights. It was ok. Not as great as I expected, but watchable.

Angrist 06-30-2008 12:49 PM

I haven't seen a movie in weeks. The last one was Indy 4 and I pretty much hated it. Worse than part 2. That just wasn't Indiana, that was somebody else... This isn't how he has grown old, it can't be!

manasecret 06-30-2008 04:26 PM

I got dragged to Get Smart.

I literally slept through the first half of it, and I'm glad I did because it made the torture that much shorter.

DeathsHand 06-30-2008 04:35 PM