GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Music (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Musical YouTubes: Our tubes are filled with music! (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18063)

Teuthida 06-02-2009 06:35 PM

Re: Musical YouTubes: Our tubes are filled with music!

Just found them today. Was curious to see if anyone had a take on what goblin music would sound like. It was a side project they self released. Looks like trying to improve and take their time for their second album.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 251805)
I don't post here because I never get any feedback. So I assume nobody ever watches my videos.
Maybe my taste is just too different or something.

I liked your last posted song. I listen to a lot of what everyone posts but don't feel I like I have the capacity to judge music and thus don't comment. I just like what I like...which is pretty eclectic.

KillerGremlin 06-02-2009 08:22 PM

That Nekrogoblikon song actually sounds alright, singer isn't that bad. It actually sounds like your run of the mill death metal band. I've heard a lot worse, especially since a lot of death metal is under produced European stuff.

The shitty voice is I think a steeple of death metal. My theory is bands who can't quite aspire to the throat control of singers like Jens Kidman (Meshuggah) or Glen Benton (Vital Remains) just join death metal bands.

Not surprisingly, death metal bands like vital remains get referred to as having "cookie monster" vocals.

Meshuggah is not death metal...they're probably more in tune to thrash metal (with obvious Metallica influences) or progressive metal.

Jens Kidman is a machine. I don't know how he learned to sing the way he does.

How about something a little lighter, like the Dillinger Escape Plan:

Ric 06-03-2009 07:10 AM

______________________________Im A Wanker______________________________
By Kevin Bloody Wilson - It's a home made vid but this is probably the funniest song you will ever hear. All GT must listen to this song, I almost gave it, it's own thread.

:lol: :lolz: :lolz: :lol:

Teuthida 06-03-2009 09:38 AM

Heheh. Just one more reason the badger deserved to lose.

Bond 06-03-2009 05:36 PM

Quite funny indeed!

KillerGremlin 06-03-2009 05:39 PM

here's some more melodic metal that jeepnut might not hate :p

Teuthida 06-03-2009 06:14 PM

While still on the metal, here's my cousin's band. From Israel, currently in Australia.

And to change gears completely. Annoyingly catchy:

And now to bring it all together :)

jeepnut 06-04-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerGremlin (Post 251830)
That Nekrogoblikon song actually sounds alright, singer isn't that bad. It actually sounds like your run of the mill death metal band. I've heard a lot worse, especially since a lot of death metal is under produced European stuff.

The shitty voice is I think a steeple of death metal. My theory is bands who can't quite aspire to the throat control of singers like Jens Kidman (Meshuggah) or Glen Benton (Vital Remains) just join death metal bands.

Not surprisingly, death metal bands like vital remains get referred to as having "cookie monster" vocals.

Trust me, I love the heavy stuff. But my vocalists need to have some variety to them. You can't just shout every word with the same scream. You need highs and lows, and you need to be able to hold a scream for a while too. Basically, just keep it interesting.

That's probably why I never got into Meshuggah. His vocals fit what they do, but he is just way too bland for my tastes. You want some quality death vox, one of my favorites is the vocalist for Becoming the Archetype.

Old Extol from when they were still death metal is pretty sweet too.

Ric 06-05-2009 08:32 AM

...In the middle of the Night, I go walking in my sleep, through the valley of fear, to the river so deep...

Teuthida 06-05-2009 10:03 PM

Nice. I've been looking for this song on Youtube for a while. One of my favorites from this band. I like the transition at around 40 secs in.

jeepnut 06-06-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teuthida (Post 252172)
Nice. I've been looking for this song on Youtube for a while. One of my favorites from this band. I like the transition at around 40 secs in.

Pretty cool band. Not sure how I feel about the vocals, but everything else is great.

Teuthida 06-06-2009 03:02 AM

Yeah, not sure if it's his voice itself or his English pronunciation. Have the same problem with other Japanese bands that sing their songs in English.

Scottish Pirate Metal

Angrist 06-06-2009 07:35 AM

That last one was pretty nice. :) But they're not Japanese, right?

Teuthida 06-12-2009 10:00 PM

^ Nope. Not that time. :)

Should recognize if ever played Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan.

Teuthida 06-17-2009 01:26 AM