GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   The Walking Dead: The Television Series (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20033)

TheSlyMoogle 11-29-2011 06:11 AM

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 279943)
Good episode. Oh, what did you think of the Portal reference? It's nice they try something like that, but in this case it didn't make sense.

What I was wondering about with Sophia is why the farm people didn't mention her to the group. They knew they were looking for a small girl.. well hey, they caught a small zombie girl the day before! If Hershel wanted them off the farm, why did he give them time to search for Sophia?
Also, a lot of farm equipment/people was used to search for her.

Because he didn't want them to find out about the barn, and the whole situation.

Also Lori, Carl and Sophia's Mom (Can't remember her name) also didn't shoot any walkers. Sophia's mom was behind darrell the whole time, and Lori and carl were hugging on the ground.

My mouth was open the whole time Shane was on his awesome tirade.

My real concern now is if the show actually does the whole Governor thing. I find the story line in the comics to be absolutely silly. Either way doubt it will be until season 3.

Angrist 11-29-2011 07:19 AM

They could have set Sophia loose in the forest, they would have found her that way. Although I guess that would mean she got killed, and Hershel didn't want that.... Hm ok it seems to make sense.

I did feel bad for Hershel, seeing his wife get killed because he showed some people hospitality. I do think that he had the right to do with walkers as he pleased, as long as it was on his own farm.
Funny how Shane was whining about the security, but it still took him a tool and a lot of effort to get it open from the outside.

Teuthida 11-29-2011 07:47 AM

They said Otis used to capture the walkers (though I have no idea how it could be a one person job). They never mentioned Sophia until after he already left with Shane.

Angrist 11-29-2011 08:17 AM

That's a bad explanation. Somebody could have had the presence of mind to check the barn for a small girl.

Hershel didn't want to tell them because of the secret of the barn, and he couldn't set her free because he knew they'd kill her. That's the best explanation in my opinion.

The Germanator 11-29-2011 12:25 PM

The mid-season break is pretty lame, that's all I gotta say.

Oh, and another good recap by Andy Greenwald on Grantland about his problems with the first half of this season. http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollyw...-the-slaughter

KillerGremlin 11-29-2011 03:30 PM

If I had not read the comics, would I care at all about Sophia? :ohreilly:

I also can agree that Hershel hasn't earned a ton of sympathy. For such a God fearing man, he isn't very empathetic or charitable. But I wouldn't want people camping out on my farm.

Typhoid 11-29-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

For such a God fearing man, he isn't very empathetic or charitable. But I wouldn't want people camping out on my farm.

well he said he views the 'walkers' as sick people, and the fact that Rick's group just views them as walking meat clearly disturbs him. In that sense I can understand why his character is sort of off-put by them. In his mind it's as if it's not a new world, but the same world, where only the living have changed.

I'm also not sure how Otis could do it on his own. Maybe he was just really good at it. That's probably not the case, but thee's got to be a chance that for some reason he was really good at rounding up zombies.

Anyways, black out your future-talk, you witches.

Fox 6 12-07-2011 08:53 PM

So some people have pointed out that the writers of this show made Otis an extremely gifted person.

1. He was the hunter of the group.

2. He had medical knowledge and was a volunteer EMT.

3. He apparently played a mean guitar.

4. He could wrangle walkers single handed.

Who knows what else he was capable of?

Vampyr 12-07-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox 6 (Post 280232)
So some people have pointed out that the writers of this show made Otis an extremely gifted person.

1. He was the hunter of the group.

2. He had medical knowledge and was a volunteer EMT.

3. He apparently played a mean guitar.

4. He could wrangle walkers single handed.

Who knows what else he was capable of?

Haha, that reminds me of Chase from House. He could perform every surgery known to man.

Dylflon 12-08-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 279943)
Good episode. Oh, what did you think of the Portal reference? It's nice they try something like that, but in this case it didn't make sense.

What I was wondering about with Sophia is why the farm people didn't mention her to the group. They knew they were looking for a small girl.. well hey, they caught a small zombie girl the day before! If Hershel wanted them off the farm, why did he give them time to search for Sophia?
Also, a lot of farm equipment/people was used to search for her.

Hershel didn't want them to know that there were zombies in the barn in the first place.

Professor S 12-08-2011 02:37 PM

Ok, a lot of you people are getting waaaayyyy too "Trekkie" about this show. If you look at anything closely enough, you'll see flaws. Right now the tone and plot of the show seem to be back on track, and let's be happy for that. Leave the minutia to the conventioneers...

Typhoid 12-08-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Ok, a lot of you people are getting waaaayyyy too "Trekkie" about this show. If you look at anything closely enough, you'll see flaws.
Finally you say something that makes me want to buy you a beer. :lolz:

Fuckin' Trekkies.

Teuthida 01-26-2012 05:32 PM

KillerGremlin 01-26-2012 06:13 PM

The hiatus was a terrible fucking decision.

By the time this show gets back on the air...there will be TV shows on that actually radiate quality. Justified...Archer....etc. That's on top of all the other shit I'm keeping up with, plus shows I'm catching up on still.

All the Darabont drama I keep reading about isn't helping either.

But in typical Walking Dead fashion (learn nothing, fuck up everything) they plan to have another hiatus next season. The fuck is going on AMC? Are you trying to out-fuck FOX in terms of being the shittiest TV Station ever?

Just don't fuck up Season 5 of Breaking Bad. After Breaking Bad is up I will probably abort AMC.

Professor S 01-31-2012 08:32 AM

I agree that the hiatus is waaaayyyy too long. There is a fine line between building anticipation and having your audience forget about you.