GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Nerds on the Rocks/Dual Wielding FeedBack (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20994)

Teuthida 06-08-2010 12:12 AM

Re: Nerds on the Rocks/Dual Wielding Feedback Thread

Good show. Might have been my favorite which is really odd since I had no interest in what you guys were talking about. Just melded nicely. Very natural. And sounded like you guys had fun. Probably since before one people would have experience with what they were talking about while the others politely listened. Here everyone had ideas about things that were yet to happen and thus all had the same level of knowledge...something like that.

But seriously, I had no idea there were five people on the show until the very end when Xantar listed everyone. The whole time I thought there were four guys, two of which I had trouble telling apart. Turns out I had trouble telling apart three people. Need to up your accents or change where you pause like Christopher Walken, just something.

TheSlyMoogle 06-08-2010 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teuthida (Post 269729)

But seriously, I had no idea there were five people on the show until the very end when Xantar listed everyone. The whole time I thought there were four guys, two of which I had trouble telling apart. Turns out I had trouble telling apart three people. Need to up your accents or change where you pause like Christopher Walken, just something.

I grew up in Eastern KY and can do a pretty bitchin redneck accent. Maybe during the next podcast I'll bring that to the table for you.

BreakABone 06-08-2010 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSlyMoogle (Post 269730)
I grew up in Eastern KY and can do a pretty bitchin redneck accent. Maybe during the next podcast I'll bring that to the table for you.

Does this mean you are signing up for the next one? :ohreilly:

TheSlyMoogle 06-08-2010 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakABone (Post 269732)
Does this mean you are signing up for the next one? :ohreilly:

yeah can probably do it as long as it's around 10 PM.

Angrist 06-08-2010 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakABone (Post 269712)
On the same hand, it makes the conversation seem more naturally when people are talking over each other/to each other. As opposed to, you speak, stop, someone else speaks, stops, responses.

Yeah but in a real conversation, there's non-verbal communication. So you'll see when somebody has something to say. Maybe you could send a typed message on Skype saying that you really want to speak your mind.
Another improvement would be the host asking people specifically. For that he'd probably need to keep track of who knows what.

Also, I believe it's Xantar: could you mute the 'received message' sound of Skype? Having to hear that sound in a podcast is unprofessional man, UNPROFESSIONAL!!! :crazy:

Xantar 06-09-2010 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 269739)
Yeah but in a real conversation, there's non-verbal communication. So you'll see when somebody has something to say. Maybe you could send a typed message on Skype saying that you really want to speak your mind.
Another improvement would be the host asking people specifically. For that he'd probably need to keep track of who knows what.

Also, I believe it's Xantar: could you mute the 'received message' sound of Skype? Having to hear that sound in a podcast is unprofessional man, UNPROFESSIONAL!!! :crazy:

It's not my fault! Blame BAB and his sensitive microphone. And just be glad we weren't picking up his ring tone.

Anyway, I promised a list of song samples. All songs can be found at OCRemix:

1. Triforce Majeure by Disco Dan

2. Halo Insurrection by Kirby

3. Black Wing Metamorphosis by lots of people

Teuthida 06-09-2010 03:38 AM

Think you should add the links to the songs under the show notes on the Nerds on the Rocks website. Same deal for the articles you fellows discuss for Cocktail Chatter.

BreakABone 06-09-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xantar (Post 269776)
It's not my fault! Blame BAB and his sensitive microphone. And just be glad we weren't picking up his ring tone.

Anyway, I promised a list of song samples. All songs can be found at OCRemix:

1. Triforce Majeure by Disco Dan

2. Halo Insurrection by Kirby

3. Black Wing Metamorphosis by lots of people

For once, I'm innocent.

I turn off all sounds on Skype when recording so my mic wouldn't pick up anything!

But yeah its something we need to work on for next time.

uber_paddler 06-09-2010 07:15 PM

I wear headphones whenever I use my computer for anything, so it wasn't me.

Angrist 06-11-2010 03:25 AM

I'm pretty sure it was Xantar.

BreakABone 06-18-2010 12:34 PM

NoTR/DW e3 Wrap-Up Planning Thread

We tried last night, but it was difficult to find a 4th.

So we're going to aim for Saturday afternoon or so.

It will be another joint podcast effort in which we look at the big 3 press conferences. Touch on some major 3rd party games and what interested us.

Also if possible, would try and get SoccerAnt and/or Uber on the show since both had the chance to attend e3 and go hands on with some games.

And since we're already here.
Next Nerds on the Rocks, will be a review/discussion of Toy Story 3 and Pixar.

Dual Wielding will hopefully be a more in-depth e3 review when Soccer and Uber are back to working capacity.

So who can make it on Sat and what time works best.

uber_paddler 06-21-2010 12:55 PM

Re: NoTR/DW e3 Wrap-Up Planning Thread

Well I'm good to go whenever, so whatever works best for everyone else.

Default 06-21-2010 05:59 PM

Re: NoTR/DW e3 Wrap-Up Planning Thread

I'll be good at least at some point this weekend. Sunday would probably work better, but I'm sure I could manage sometime Saturday if needed

BreakABone 06-21-2010 10:53 PM

Nerds on the Rocks/Dual Wielding e3 Recap Episode

There is a feedback thread up top/stickied, but I will use that to bookmark all the podcast and feedback after the week is up.

I doubt many people would look in the thread weekly to see if a new episode was added.

Quote:

Last week was a busy week for the video game nerds as the biggest show of the year came and went. We had exciting announcements of new games and new hardware. We got out first real look at the 3DS, Microsoft’s Kinect and Sony’s PS Move. So this jumble sized convention called for another team-up between the Nerds and our resident Gunslingers. We discuss the big 3’s press conference and which 3rd party made this biggest splash. So grab a drink, sit back and enjoy.

http://nerdsontherocks.com/?p=218

As always feedback is most appreciated.

uber_paddler 06-21-2010 11:05 PM

Re: Nerds on the Rocks/Dual Wielding e3 Recap Episode

Felt like it was missing something.