GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Final Fantasy Megathread (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20720)

magus113 08-22-2011 08:50 AM

Re: Final Fantasy Megathread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampyr (Post 278078)
It was like they went out of their way to not let you deviate from the one set path.

They're apparently fixing that with XIII-2 but I'm not holding my breath.

Vampyr 08-22-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magus113 (Post 278086)
They're apparently fixing that with XIII-2 but I'm not holding my breath.

I don't think I can play that game if Serah is a main character. The little girl thing is a bit too creepy.

magus113 08-22-2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampyr (Post 278091)
I don't think I can play that game if Serah is a main character. The little girl thing is a bit too creepy.

I know exactly what you mean. The whole relationship with her and Snow made me cringe. Not just from the physical appearance thing alone either. ugh. The whole momo thing in general terrifies me.

magus113 08-29-2011 08:00 AM

Finally completed Ceodore's chapter (again...sigh).

Also new FFXIII-2 trailer. Explains nothing of course. Doesn't show too much gameplay. Go figure.

Bond 08-29-2011 12:41 PM

Yeah... this plot is going to make no sense.

magus113 09-04-2011 12:23 AM

I got two more tales of Final Fantasy IV: The After Years taken care of today. Palom's and Edge's. Edge's felt the most epic out of all of them so far. It's seem from the perspective of four different ninjas of Eblan and then it all comes together to a pretty epic showdown kinda deal in the Tower of Babil. I can't wait to keep going, although I think the only people I have left are Edward (ugh), Porom (alright, I guess) and Kain's (hell yeah).

magus113 09-10-2011 02:21 PM

Keeping the thread alive!

I'm on the final chapter of the After Years. Things are getting nutty.

Also, I'm considering replaying Final Fantasy VII. They've done a lot of texture mods and FMV and music replacement mods to make the game look pretty nice and run better on newer PC hardware so I might fire it up and see once again how I fare against Sephiroth and see if I don't think it's as overhyped as much as I thought before I actually took the time to finish FF8. VIII was the one I enjoyed the most until I played VI.

magus113 09-10-2011 06:34 PM

Also wanted to point out that Square has already registed a new domain name. Guess what it's called?

finalfantasyxiii-3.com

Yep.

Bond 09-14-2011 12:42 PM

Magus, I was thinking of replaying Final Fantasy VII as well. I played it once when it originally came out, and, if pressed, would say it's my favorite game of all time ... thought it might be interesting to go through it again and see if that holds up.

We could go through it together and see what we think.

Typhoid 09-14-2011 01:37 PM

Literally yesterday I was thinking about trying o find this game and replay it, but I suddenly realized I have absolutely no way to do that. I (again, literally) just got rid of my credit card, so I can't get it on PS3, which was the most infuriating thing about it to me. Plus I can't find it to download on the internet, I'm actually unaware how legal or not-legal that is where I am, but I just know I can't find it and don't have it.

I'm so starved for some JRPG I'm actually considering dusting off FFXII or FFX.

Bond 09-14-2011 01:43 PM

PS2 anywhere? You could play it on that as well.

I'll be playing it on the original Playstation, haha. It was rather dusty when I brought it out of the closet...

Angrist 09-14-2011 02:31 PM

Aren't you afraid you'll be disappointed with it? Some people say it hasn't aged very well... and those who picked it up much later said it was overrated.

Vampyr 09-14-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 278514)
Aren't you afraid you'll be disappointed with it? Some people say it hasn't aged very well... and those who picked it up much later said it was overrated.

I think if you get your mindset and mood into playing an oldschool JRPG, you'll enjoy it a ton.

TheSlyMoogle 09-15-2011 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 278514)

He wont be disappointed if he already played. Yes it didn't age very well, but it's still a great JRPG.

Bond 09-15-2011 11:41 AM

What makes you say it didn't age very well? The worst thing for me right now is having to use the directional pad on my original Playstation controller.