GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Nerds on the Rocks/Dual Wielding FeedBack (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20994)

uber_paddler 06-01-2010 11:57 PM

Re: Nerds on the Rocks 5/Dual Wielding 2: Mega Pre-e3 Edition

I'll be around all evening.

magus113 06-02-2010 01:40 AM

Nerds on the Rocks/Dual Wielding FeedBack

At long last, Nerds on the Rocks Episode 4 is up and ready to go. Check your podcast subscriptions on iTunes

OR

take a gander at http://www.nerdsontherocks.com and you'll see some big changes.

NerdsontheRocks.com is going to be a place where new content and news will be updated, as well as Dual Wielding entries! The episodes of Nerds on the Rocks and Dual Wielding will be available for direct download from there, as well as links to subscribe to these podcasts in iTunes!

Dual Wielding is pending iTunes submission on a logo from our good buddy Teuthida whose also taking care of some other artwork for the website in general.

So on to episode 4!

After a two week break, The Nerds are back. In this episode, The Nerds tackle the grueling subject of video game movies. Just why are they so bad? Then they look at the shows that had their last giddy up in this past year. Finally, cocktail chatter brings all us news of inflatable karts. So tie yourself to the bar stool because we don’t want you falling off after a round of Nerds on the Rocks.

http://nerdsontherocks.com/?p=28

Teuthida 06-02-2010 01:55 AM

Re: Nerds on the Rocks - Episode 4: At Long Last

About 3/4 through so far.

The Legend of Chun-li is so bad it's...well bad...but it's funny bad. Worth watching for Chris Klein's overacting.

Got the idea for the DW logo all thought out. Just got to finish some paying work first...unless you know, you guys pay me....

magus113 06-02-2010 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teuthida (Post 269464)
About 3/4 through so far.

The Legend of Chun-li is so bad it's...well bad...but it's funny bad. Worth watching for Chris Klein's overacting.

Got the idea for the DW logo all thought out. Just got to finish some paying work first...unless you know, you guys pay me....

Do what you gotta do first dude it's alright. The site is passing for right now so it can stay like that as long as it needs to.

Xantar 06-02-2010 01:19 PM

Links mentioned in the podcast:

A report on working conditions in a Chinese factory making Microsoft mice

I called Jeff Zucker an "embolitic coprophage." Wikipedia entries for embolism and coprophagia.

Also, why oh why do I sound least like Keith Olbermann when I'm trying my very best to imitate him? Acting fail. I'm going to have to work on that. Fortunately, you guys aren't going to have to put up with that for the next podcast.

soccerant 06-02-2010 05:09 PM

I won't be able to make it...I get home from work at 6:30 PST/9:30 EST. I'll look forward to hearing it though.

BreakABone 06-02-2010 06:22 PM

Okay so right now the cast looks like it will be

Xantar, Magus, Uber and Carnage?

Who's skype name is.... jraggy

The format shall be pretty simple I think

maybe 5-10 minutes or so on each of the big three's conference

Microsoft
Project Natal
Halo Reach
Gears of War 3
Fables 3
Peter Molyneux next project/Milo (more thoughts on what has become of that tech)
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Hulu on XBL?
Big Surprises?
Exclusives?

Sony
PS Move
Games
Do you expect more hardcore stuff like SOCOM
Price? Launch Date?
PSN Premium Service?
Gran Turismo 5
Will we see a new Twisted Metal?
What do you expect from Naughty Dogs?
PSP
PSP 2
3D
Will Jax or Sly Cooper make their HD debut?

Nintendo
Zelda
Vitality Sensor
Metroid: Other M
Wii Party
Where's Retro?
Do we expect Mario to have a role.
3DS
Golden Sun
Pokemon Black/White
Brain Training/Layton
WiiWare/Virtual Console
Pikmin? F-Zero? starFox? Donkey Kong? Mario Party?
Rumors of an Epic Mickey Redesign
Will they have any major 3rd party surprise?

Random Stuff
Rockstar having a minor presence, but a surprise, do you expect to see GTA V
What is Square hyping? Will they finally reveal Kingdom Hearts 3? What console.
What is Valve's big surprise? Half-Life 3, episode 3?
What does Capcom have up its sleeve? Is it time for a new Resident Evil?
Sonic Colors, Sonic 4 and now rumours of Sonic Free Rider for Natal, will Sega have a game for the PSMove launch?

Then general questions
What most looking forward to
What would surprise you
What do you expect

BreakABone 06-03-2010 03:58 PM

So we had great success with this yesterday, things happen.

So trying again tonight at around 10 EST/7PST who can make it?

Default 06-03-2010 04:41 PM

Realize this is a bit late, but I can be there between 7:30 and 8:00 if you guys need someone. Have to attend some dinner thing tonight, but will try my best to get out earlier (that is, if anyone else is able to tonight)

uber_paddler 06-03-2010 05:06 PM

I'll be around yet again.

BreakABone 06-07-2010 09:04 AM

Nerds on the Rocks/Dual Wielding Feedback Thread

With the site somewhat up and functional, I thought it was best to stop bogging down the forums with like 2-3 threads a week dealing with the podcasts.

This will serve as a general feedback thread for both podcasts.

And once we get further in the week will merge the other feedback threads.

Quote:

In this special, mega-sized Nerds on the Rocks/Dual Wielding podcast, the Nerds and the Gunslingers combine forces to talk about the biggest event in gaming, e3. They give their thoughts on Project Natal, PS Move, the 3DS, Zelda and so much more. So pull up a stool, grab a nice cold one (hopefully on the rocks) and enjoy this very special podcast.
http://nerdsontherocks.com/?p=86

http://nerdsontherocks.com/podcasts/..._Episode_5.mp3

http://www.purevideogames.net/sound/NOTR_5.m4a

Angrist 06-07-2010 09:32 AM

That was a good listen.

Xantar 06-07-2010 09:54 AM

Re: Nerds on the Rocks/Dual Wielding Feedback Thread

This is the first episode in .m4a format with chapter divisions and everything. There should be a link in this thread, but BAB has apparently decided to make you click through to the Nerds on the Rocks website to get it. It also should be going up on the podcast feed whenever somebody gets around to it. Please check it out and let us know if it works for you because we may stick with it for future podcasts.

I took this opportunity to introduce you all to some of my favorite songs from OCRemix. I'll have a track listing later today.

Angrist 06-07-2010 10:00 AM

You should really work out who talks when. It was a bit chaotic this episode, and I felt some participants didn't get their say. :)
I'm at 1/3 right now. I'm doing two or three things at the same time, so it's a bit hard to follow everything. :D

BreakABone 06-07-2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 269711)
You should really work out who talks when. It was a bit chaotic this episode, and I felt some participants didn't get their say. :)
I'm at 1/3 right now. I'm doing two or three things at the same time, so it's a bit hard to follow everything. :D

Well to be fair, its a bit chaotic because we had 5 people on, which probably won't happen too often.

On the same hand, it makes the conversation seem more naturally when people are talking over each other/to each other. As opposed to, you speak, stop, someone else speaks, stops, responses.