GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Final Fantasy Megathread (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20720)

magus113 07-19-2011 12:39 AM

Re: Final Fantasy Megathread

Vamp did you finally finish your playthrough?

Also, I find that the more I play FFIV: The After Years, the more it grows on me, and I don't know if it should. It's really not all that great. I know it's an attempt to cash in on an older game that people enjoyed in the past, and present considering how many remakes there were of the game, but I still find myself enjoying the little time I've spent with it so far (I've finished two of the tales and they were about 3-3.5 hours a piece and I'm 1.5 hours into the third one, so that's about 7-8 hours? A decent length to get a feel for it. At least they changed the battle system up some with the Bands and the phases of the moon affecting the different abilities in battle.

Vampyr 07-19-2011 10:31 AM

I have not. :\ I intended to beat it over the weekend, but I got sucked into League of Legends and Just Cause 2.

magus113 07-19-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampyr (Post 277526)
I have not. :\ I intended to beat it over the weekend, but I got sucked into League of Legends and Just Cause 2.

You were in Eden already right? Like Siren Park or some shit like that?

Vampyr 07-19-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magus113 (Post 277527)
You were in Eden already right? Like Siren Park or some shit like that?

Yeah I'm in Siren Park, but I need to do a bit of grinding before I can move on.

magus113 07-19-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampyr (Post 277528)
Yeah I'm in Siren Park, but I need to do a bit of grinding before I can move on.

I think the better grinding area is Leviathan's Plaza actually, but I dunno. I had the crystarium maxed out for the main roles by the time I got there since I had stockpiled so much CP on Pulse.

Bond 07-19-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampyr (Post 277528)

You could honestly probably beat the game with where you are in the Crystarium right now. The final boss is a joke.

magus113 07-19-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bond (Post 277531)
You could honestly probably beat the game with where you are in the Crystarium right now. The final boss is a joke.

Well, Orphan's second form is extremely laughable. I had to go at the first form a few times though thanks to that one hit kill move it was always able to pull off.

Vampyr 07-19-2011 01:28 PM

Well, I want to grind in Leviathan plaza, but I didn't grind at all in Siren Park and the next area was pretty tough for me, so I backtracked.

Maybe I should try upgrading some weapons.

magus113 07-19-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampyr (Post 277534)
Well, I want to grind in Leviathan plaza, but I didn't grind at all in Siren Park and the next area was pretty tough for me, so I backtracked.

Maybe I should try upgrading some weapons.

You could, but I saved that until the very end. How far along are you in the crystarium?

Vampyr 08-08-2011 08:36 AM

Beat Chapter 12 last night...one more to go.

magus113 08-08-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampyr (Post 277871)
Beat Chapter 12 last night...one more to go.

Atta boy! If you know how to fight the first form of Orphan, the second will be cake. I guarantee it.

Vampyr 08-08-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magus113 (Post 277872)
Atta boy! If you know how to fight the first form of Orphan, the second will be cake. I guarantee it.

Yeah, and I have to say I've never been more excited to be done with a game. XD I'm just ready to move on at this point, I don't think I'm going to go back and upgrade my weapons. I wish it had been more worth it to upgrade them before the end of the game.

I've found that if I just start with the Protection paradigm I can get an insane amount of buffs, switch to delta attack, and kill anything.

Vampyr 08-20-2011 07:10 PM

Finished.

magus113 08-21-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampyr (Post 278070)
Finished.

What are your thoughts? And congrats!

Vampyr 08-21-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magus113 (Post 278071)
What are your thoughts? And congrats!

I thought the ending was OK. Story didn't make a whole lot of sense - it felt overly complex and simplistic at the same time.

Overall fun game, but it was linear to a fault. I tried to upgrade one of my weapons before the final battle, and realized the shop to buy most of the components I needed wasn't even available until AFTER you beat the game.

It was like they went out of their way to not let you deviate from the one set path.