GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Game of Thrones Season 2 (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22186)

Angrist 06-03-2013 10:47 AM

Re: Game of Thrones Season 2

Haha, those reactions were nice to watch. :D I don't watch the show, but I read the first 3 books. And I'm waiting for lazy GRRM to finish his last 2 so I can (re)read the whole series!

BreakABone 06-03-2013 11:20 AM

That was.. yeah

TheGame 06-05-2013 03:39 AM

I've decided the Rains of Castemere episode is the worst thing I've ever seen on television (or in movies) in history. It took me explaining it to a person who doesn't watch the show for me to comprehend how disturbing that scene was.

*Spoiler Alert!!!* (From TV show, not books))

*Spoiler Alert!!!*

If you're reading this, and haven't watched the show... well your bad, I warned you lol.

It goes from a wedding scene where everyone's happy, doing their little traditions. Even the uncle is happy because he got a nice looking girl. Robb's unborn child gets a name (if it's a boy) and Catelyn seems to finally be accepting her son's relationship... then everyone gets killed, starting off with Robbs unborn child, and his wife (who did absolutly nothing wrong) who gets stabbed multiple times in the stomach.

I can't think of a scene I've seen in anything that was worse. Went from a feel good moment to the most disturbing slaughter of 2 main characters ever lol.

*Spoiler Alert!!!*

*Spoiler Alert!!!*

End.

Teuthida 06-06-2013 10:21 AM

Teuthida 06-08-2013 07:07 PM

TheGame 06-10-2013 04:21 AM

The last episode was good buy felt empty. Rains of Castemere was a hard act to follow.

Vampyr 06-10-2013 09:52 AM

There were a few ways I thought they would choose to end the season...and they didn't do it.

Instead they chose to end the season basically the same way the ended Season 1 + a few other episodes.

1. Dany does something amazing
2. Jorah looks stunned
3. Dragons

Other than that, still good episode.

Angrist 06-10-2013 10:04 AM

Did Daeny get her army in this episode? Because that was pretty cool in the books.

Professor S 06-10-2013 10:36 AM

They needed to set up the next season. Ending after last week's episode would leave many wondering why they should continue to watch due to their investment in the Starks. The last episode reminded everyone there is still a lot going on.

Vampyr 06-10-2013 11:09 AM

@Angrist: That happened a few episodes back, and was indeed awesome.

@Professor_S:

Spoilers from books that have not been in the show yet:

In the books, Catelyn comes back from the dead via Thoros, except she's different. Merciless and seeking revenge. I expected them to end with her waking up, since it's going to be nearly impossible for them to hide that the actress will be back next season anyway, and it would have showed people that things aren't quite over for her.

Teuthida 06-10-2013 11:09 AM

BreakABone 06-10-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teuthida (Post 285534)

No pun
But dude was a dick

Teuthida 06-10-2013 01:39 PM

They'll be best of buds. I can feel it.

Angrist 06-10-2013 01:59 PM

Sometimes they list an actor just because they use him for flash-backs. I'm not sure if GoT has those, but it wouldn't automatically spoil to everyone that there will be a return.

BreakABone 04-14-2014 12:53 PM

Now we have The Purple Wedding

I'm never going to a wedding in Westoros