GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Nerds on the Rocks/Dual Wielding FeedBack (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20994)

Xantar 05-03-2010 12:03 PM

Re: Nerds on the Rocks Episode 3

By the time we record this podcast, Iron Man 2 will be in theaters. Since we talked for a while about it in the last podcast, we should spend some time (maybe a whole segment) talking about it in this one. I'll be happy to come back and prove myself wrong (or right, as the case may be).

Possible Question of the Week topics: what do you think about 3-D?

Also, if we're ever in a slow period, we could do an advice column. I've got lots of fun letters we could respond to.

BlueFire 05-03-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xantar (Post 268187)
Also, if we're ever in a slow period, we could do an advice column. I've got lots of fun letters we could respond to.

I think this is a great idea!

BreakABone 05-03-2010 02:15 PM

Iron Man 2 is a good idea.

I was thinking about doing a segment on Mother's in nerd-dom. Like popular maternal figures from like comics, games, movies, etc

Teuthida 05-03-2010 06:32 PM

Re: Nerds on the Rocks Episode 2 is here and ready to download!

Quite good. Something I'd listen to even if I didn't know you fellows. Thought it ended too soon...which is always a good thing. Nice music choices as well.

You guys deserve a decent logo. So I created one to tide you over until then. ;)

Xantar 05-03-2010 07:54 PM

Virginia state seal in case you're too lazy to look it up.

Teuthida 05-03-2010 07:56 PM

Thanks. That's what I forgot to ask. Shownotes that link to what you talked about.

Teuthida 05-04-2010 01:40 PM

If you talk about Iron Man 2 I'd put up a spoiler warning and maybe the start and end times for the discussion so folks can skip if they don't want to be spoiled.

magus113 05-04-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teuthida (Post 268249)
If you talk about Iron Man 2 I'd put up a spoiler warning and maybe the start and end times for the discussion so folks can skip if they don't want to be spoiled.

Or we could do it out of order and save it for the end

thatmariolover 05-04-2010 04:22 PM

I saw a prescreening of IM2, but I can't imagine anybody's going to want me to ruin it by talking about it, even if the podcast isn't released until after the official release.

magus113 05-04-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatmariolover (Post 268254)
I saw a prescreening of IM2, but I can't imagine anybody's going to want me to ruin it by talking about it, even if the podcast isn't released until after the official release.

Well like I had said we're gonna try and record it on Sunday or maybe Saturday or Monday night since Mother's Day is this weekend.

The sooner we establish a schedule for recording the better. We don't want this to go the way the old podcast did.

Szymon 05-05-2010 02:02 AM

http://www.theonion.com/video/iron-m...h-paltr,17275/

Whether or not reviews suck, I must know.

Edit: There's also this

KillerGremlin 05-05-2010 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Szymon (Post 268278)

I masturbate to this picture, frequently.

magus113 05-05-2010 09:55 AM

No suggestions, guys? Earl was saying that we probably shouldn't do IM2 since it would depend on people seeing it before Saturday or whenever we record.

Also we need a third guest for the show. Don't make me beg and plead to Earl to finally stop by to give his two cents for once.

thatmariolover 05-05-2010 01:26 PM

I'll volunteer unless somebody is all of the sudden going to jump in the thread with some great ambition.

magus113 05-05-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatmariolover (Post 268303)
I'll volunteer unless somebody is all of the sudden going to jump in the thread with some great ambition.

If you're down then I'm all for it.