PDA

View Full Version : Halloween on Sunday Troubles Some Southerners

GameMaster
10-16-2004, 06:33 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/10/15/halloween.sabbath.ap/index.html

NEWNAN, Georgia (AP) -- Across the Bible Belt this Halloween, some little ghosts and goblins might get shooed away by the neighbors -- and some youngsters will not be allowed to go trick-or-treating at all -- because the holiday falls on a Sunday this year...

Ugh...leave it to the South to cause a stir about Halloween on a Sunday. :shakehead

Personally, I think people should reschedule their holy Sundays to Monday so that Halloween can be fully enjoyed without nagging religion. I mean afterall, Hallloween only comes once a year. But Holy Sundays plague us every week.

Neo
10-16-2004, 06:56 PM
"It's a day for the good Lord, not for the devil," said Barbara Braswell, who plans to send her 4-year-old granddaughter Maliyah out trick-or-treating in a princess costume on Saturday instead.

"That's Christ's day. You go to church on Sunday, you don't go out and celebrate the devil. That'll confuse a child."

i hate southern christians

Typhoid
10-16-2004, 07:00 PM
So then by her saying "It's a day for the good Lord, not for the devil," said Barbara Braswell, who plans to send her 4-year-old granddaughter Maliyah out trick-or-treating in a princess costume on Saturday instead."

She is admitting she is letting her granddaughter celebrate the Devil then.

Who actually celbrates the Devil on Halloween? All you do is get friggin candy.

Its like who really celbrates Jesus' birthday on Christmas, or Death on Easter.

certain Holidays have unreligious meanings now, and some people cant get over that.

DimHalo
10-16-2004, 07:07 PM
The way I see it. Halloween is not a holiday that is celebrated for the "evil spirits" or whatever else one might say. Its a day for candy and costumes. That's all. Therefor, it doesn't matter that it is on a Sunday, for me. Although, it makes more sense to go out on Saturday anyway.

Happydude
10-16-2004, 07:45 PM
stupid religious people...

Acebot44
10-16-2004, 08:09 PM
That's bull****. Stupid hicks. :distress:

Dyne
10-16-2004, 08:25 PM
Haha. And what are their kids learning? That it's bad to celebrate Halloween on Sundays. The vicious cycle continues. It's like a closed system down there.

Neo
10-16-2004, 09:14 PM
I like how they don't have a problem celebrating the devil on a saturday.

Fox 6
10-16-2004, 11:55 PM
Its like who really celbrates Jesus' birthday on Christmas
Well if you have seen FULL METAL JACKET they sing Happy Birthday to Jesus on christmas.

The Germanator
10-16-2004, 11:57 PM
"It's a day for the good Lord, not for the devil," said Barbara Braswell

Man, I wouldn't give my name out in an article like this. Her house is SO getting egged and or toilet papered.

TheSlyMoogle
10-21-2004, 11:43 PM
"It's a day for the good Lord, not for the devil," said Barbara Braswell

Man, I wouldn't give my name out in an article like this. Her house is SO getting egged and or toilet papered.

Yes, she's soooo dumb.

I wish i lived near her.

Stonecutter
10-22-2004, 12:00 AM
Hey, how can you blame them? Five years ago when halloween was last on a sunday the world ended.

Remember that?

Swan
10-22-2004, 12:09 AM
Hey, how can you blame them? Five years ago when halloween was last on a sunday the world ended.

Remember that?
Oh yeah, how could we forget. There was all that burning and the devil himself made a cameo. But then he realized that Halloween wasn't about him. Then he got mad at all the peole who tricked him into thinking it was, so he damned them to hell for being so ignorant. :)

Typhoid
10-22-2004, 12:21 AM
Do they not understand that Halloween is when Spirits supposedly walk the Earth and the reason for dressing up is so that they won't know you're not one of them.

I mean... Right?

Yeah, thats what i find hilarious.

Halloween is for celebrating all the saints on one day. In guessing Hallo was at one time "Halo" and ween was....uh...anyways.

I hate people like this woman, making everything a religious issue.

Kitana85
10-22-2004, 12:49 AM
Yeah, thats what i find hilarious.

Halloween is for celebrating all the saints on one day. In guessing Hallo was at one time "Halo" and ween was....uh...anyways.

I hate people like this woman, making everything a religious issue.

Its the eve of all souls (all saints).. or all hallows eve.... hallowseve... halloween

thatmariolover
10-22-2004, 01:00 AM
Do they not understand that Halloween is when Spirits supposedly walk the Earth and the reason for dressing up is so that they won't know you're not one of them.

I mean... Right?

Acebot44
10-22-2004, 01:11 AM
Halloween Banned in Seattle (http://www.komotv.com/stories/33602.htm)

Typhoid
10-22-2004, 01:20 AM
:wtf:

Stonecutter
10-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Its the eve of all souls (all saints).. or all hallows eve.... hallowseve... halloween

No, it (OCT 31st) is the eve of all saints, it IS all souls day.

November 1st is all saints day.

Swan
10-22-2004, 03:10 PM
The district says Halloween celebrations and children dressed in Halloween costumes might be offensive to real witches.
Wow, these people have way too much time on their hands.

Typhoid
10-22-2004, 04:02 PM
The district says Halloween celebrations and children dressed in Halloween costumes might be offensive to real witches.

Didnt we burn them all?

Or like....why cant we burn them now? My tater farm has been mysteriously vanishing, and im guessin its witches.

GameMaster
10-22-2004, 04:06 PM
To burn someone who is different is to burn one's own heart. We are all one under the sun, please be a kind and caring human.