PDA

View Full Version : Crying!

Canyarion
09-13-2004, 02:10 PM
I cry from time to time in movies... When they're really cute of sad.

Disney's Merlin made me cry, when the squirrel fell in love with little Arthur. :baby: Forgot about others...

Dylflon
09-13-2004, 03:34 PM
I almost cried at one episode of Futurama about Fry's dog. The end is so sad.

Dyne
09-13-2004, 03:46 PM
Yeah, I'm a wimp. I try to avoid watching movies and season finales with girls, haha.

GameMaster
09-13-2004, 03:48 PM
Sometimes I'll feel sad and start to feel my eyes water in emotional scenes but I hold it back because in my culture it is not okay for a male to cry.

DimHalo
09-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Hmm, I think I cried during The Lion King

Dark Samurai
09-13-2004, 04:33 PM
I almost cried at The Passion of the Christ.

Canyarion
09-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I'm a wimp. I try to avoid watching movies and season finales with girls, haha.
Why? Most girls like it when guys show their emotion. No kidding...

Acebot44
09-13-2004, 04:58 PM
I almost cried at one episode of Futurama about Fry's dog. The end is so sad.

Sometimes I'll feel sad and start to feel my eyes water in emotional scenes but I hold it back because in my culture it is not okay for a male to cry.

I almost cried at The Passion of the Christ.

Hmm, I think I cried during The Lion King

All that and "Turner and Hooch". I love that movie.

dropCGCF
09-13-2004, 05:01 PM
I cried during Life Is Beautiful when the kid's dad got shot.

Crash
09-13-2004, 05:18 PM
Lion king,

Forrest Gump,

Passion of the Christ

Armageddon

but never did I at Titanic or any TV show.

Dyne
09-13-2004, 05:36 PM
Why? Most girls like it when guys show their emotion. No kidding...

Yeah. It's DANGEROUSLY effective, that's why I keep away from it. :D

Vampyr
09-13-2004, 05:46 PM
I've never cried at a TV show or movie, but there have been quite a few times that I have felt like it, and had I been watching it by myself I probably would have, but culture had dictated that I shouldnt other wise. But it's who you are when no ones looking that really counts, right?

The last episode of Buffy made me extremely sad. That show got me through some tough times, when I knew I had it and all the characters to fall back on if something bad happened.

And I remember watching that epiosode about Fry's dog. It was like 3 in the morning and I was watching it with my brother. When I started watching it I had not expected such a powerful show, and I came very close to crying.

The Lion King made me very sad the first time I watched it.

Typhoid
09-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Ive never full out cried during a movie, but ihave gotten all teary eyed, then focused on Hockey or something to take my mind off of it.

Im a big movie *****.

Honestly, ( and i have no Idea why) i was all teary eyed during Monsters Inc when the little girl had to part with the monsters.

*looks around*

What? It was heart wrenching.:p

Jason1
09-13-2004, 08:06 PM
That Episode with Fry's dog must be in Season 3 or 4 because I havent seen it yet and I own seasons 1 and 2. One movie that gets me everytime is Independence Day, near the end right after Randy Quaid flys into the spaceship destroying it, and that one general guy tells his son that you should be very proud of your dad, and he says "I am"

That always gets me.

Happydude
09-13-2004, 08:09 PM
i cry too...:sneaky:

Gladiator was the first time i cried during a movie i think...and posibly the last, i'm not sure...but everytime i watch it, the ending always gets me...

P.S. gladiator is one of the best movies every made....IMO

Classic Rocker
09-13-2004, 10:12 PM
Thats somethign I don't do, cry during TV and movies. I just know it isn't real. So why feel remorse for them?

Swan
09-13-2004, 10:35 PM
That Episode with Fry's dog must be in Season 3 or 4 because I havent seen it yet and I own seasons 1 and 2. One movie that gets me everytime is Independence Day, near the end right after Randy Quaid flys into the spaceship destroying it, and that one general guy tells his son that you should be very proud of your dad, and he says "I am"

That always gets me.

The episode with Fry's dog is on season 4. Great episode. I shed a single tear at the end. As I've sed before.

And Independence Day is a great movie. It never made me cry though.
The only other time I cryed during a movie was Bambi I believe. Theres other movies that get me teary eyed though, I can't name them off by heart though. It's good to cry every now and then.

EDIT:Isn't it great how we can all talk about crying.

Acebot44
09-13-2004, 10:37 PM
I LOVE YOU GUY'S!

*group hug*

ZebraRampage
09-13-2004, 10:42 PM
Yes, I've cried at emotional parts in movies. It's more of my eyes just getting watery, and this sad feeling inside though. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it's because the movie is really sad and touching.

Swan
09-13-2004, 10:51 PM
I LOVE YOU GUY'S!

*group hug*

I LOVE YOU TOO MAN!

*hugs back*

*looks around at the people staring*
NYAAAH!!
*runs away*

Typhoid
09-14-2004, 12:07 AM
The funny thing is, that we would only talk about this behind closed doors....not in front of people you know...even though a few people here know me......uh-oh....ummm.......

*Takes back everything previously said in this thread*

*flees*

Canyarion
09-14-2004, 05:06 AM
I talk about this stuff with friends... no problemo.

And I can (and do) tell my girlfriend anything.:D

Storm Eagle
09-14-2004, 07:15 AM
Thats somethign I don't do, cry during TV and movies. I just know it isn't real. So why feel remorse for them?

*sigh*

Maybe because it hits a nerve? It may not be real, but maybe certain situations remind a viewer of something s/he has dealt with in your past. However, I guess if one has lived a perfect life, then I wouldn't expect that person to understand.

Bube
09-14-2004, 12:30 PM
I almost cried during the Titanic, but because I hated the movie, I kept myself from doing so.

Then I cried watching Pokemon... :D

But no more emotional movies for me. Everything seems to hit a nerve since I broke up...

DimHalo
09-14-2004, 03:39 PM
I just remembered another one. I cried during Homeward Bound.

Classic Rocker
09-14-2004, 03:52 PM
*sigh*

Maybe because it hits a nerve? It may not be real, but maybe certain situations remind a viewer of something she has dealt with in your past. However, I guess if one has lived a perfect life, then I wouldn't expect that person to understand.

Hahahaha..ah yes. No one lives the perfect life. There are always flaws and events. Suck it up. Yeah maybe it will remind you but you gotta see some people who cry there balls out over movies. It's disgusting. I hate when people try to shove there emotions down your throat. That was not meant to anyone, just a personal rant.

That and I think all the 80s macho hair metal and rock affected my brain. Bwhahaha.

Storm Eagle
09-14-2004, 04:44 PM
Hahahaha..ah yes. No one lives the perfect life. There are always flaws and events. Suck it up. Yeah maybe it will remind you but you gotta see some people who cry there balls out over movies. It's disgusting. I hate when people try to shove there emotions down your throat. That was not meant to anyone, just a personal rant.

That and I think all the 80s macho hair metal and rock affected my brain. Bwhahaha.

I wasn't trying to shove emotions down your throat. The comment you made earlier seemed ignorant and closed-minded so I thought I'd give you some insight. I'm not much of a crier myself, but even when people I know have done such a thing while watching something, it's not too hard to undersatnd once you stop to think about it.

Canyarion
09-14-2004, 05:03 PM
I just remembered another one. I cried during Homeward Bound.
Ah yes!!! That movie is SO emotional at the end.... :baby: I love it... I'd like to see some emotional movies with my girl. :D

The BOOK lord of the rings made me really cry....
The movies had some moving parts (especially RotK) so I cried there too, but not as intense as in the book. :p

GameMaster
09-14-2004, 09:22 PM
I think the most powerful factor is the music. Without the emotional music, all the sad scenes in movies you guys are referring too probably wouldn't make you cry.

The Germanator
09-14-2004, 09:24 PM
I think the most powerful factor is the music. Without the emotional music, all the sad scenes in movies you guys are referring too probably wouldn't make you cry.

Which is also how scary movies get you too. Good 'ol music.

Rubber Kitty
09-14-2004, 09:44 PM
I got choked up at the end of Terminator 2 when Arnie gets lowered into the liquid steel :(

Fox 6
09-14-2004, 10:18 PM
I almost cryed after reading Carlettes Web in the fourth Grade

Canyarion
09-15-2004, 06:04 AM
I cry when I see the news. :(

:rolleyes:

Music is important, but when I read TLotR, I didn't need music to cry... :)

Typhoid
09-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Well.

I'll admit it.

Im crying as Im typing this.

Not bawling, but crying.

You see, they found a body in Creston, they cant tell who it is yet because it is so badly burned.

We know the HA did it. Because his moms boyfriend didnt like him, and he was in the HA. And to get into the HA you need to kill someone. So i guess he thought that would be a good way to initiate someone, and get rid of his girlfriends son.

Hes gonna die.

His dad as we speak is making/buying guns and heading up to Creston.

If you didnt know, im talking about my 23 year old friend that I have known since I was 5 who went missing weeks and weeks ago.

And HA = Hells Angels.

So from now on if i seem f***** up in any way, that is because im plotting someones death.

Crono
09-15-2004, 11:57 AM
Well.

I'll admit it.

Im crying as Im typing this.

Not bawling, but crying.

You see, they found a body in Creston, they cant tell who it is yet because it is so badly burned.

We know the HA did it. Because his moms boyfriend didnt like him, and he was in the HA. And to get into the HA you need to kill someone. So i guess he thought that would be a good way to initiate someone, and get rid of his girlfriends son.

Hes gonna die.

His dad as we speak is making/buying guns and heading up to Creston.

If you didnt know, im talking about my 23 year old friend that I have known since I was 5 who went missing weeks and weeks ago.

And HA = Hells Angels.

So from now on if i seem f***** up in any way, that is because im plotting someones death.

That is very sad, Typhoid. Things like these remind me how ****ed up this world is, and it only gets me angry when I think about it... very angry. I don't know if you feel the same way, but when someone commits such a horrible crime, they should be executed. :mad:

Typhoid
09-15-2004, 09:12 PM
I don't know if you feel the same way, but when someone commits such a horrible crime, they should be executed. :mad:

I didnt until last night.

I agree now.

GameMaster
09-15-2004, 09:18 PM
Are you still crying?

Typhoid
09-15-2004, 10:09 PM
Are you still crying?

Not that i would admit to... :sneaky:

Mushlafa
09-19-2004, 07:18 PM
Ive cried once during a movie... and it was a long long time ago.... The movie Flubber with robin williams when he first loses his robot after the robbers break in. Also i almost cried during pokemon once like in grade 7