PDA

View Full Version : Top artists of the 80's

Fox 6
08-07-2004, 02:46 PM
I was watching VH1's top 80 of the 80's. It's a countdown of the best music videos of the 80's. I was wondering what eveybody's favorite artists were from the eighties.

MIne would be : Tears for Fears, The Cars, The Police, Van Halen, Quiet Riot.

Man those were some good songs.

ulala06
08-07-2004, 04:52 PM
mine would be... air supply, queen, and david bowie

Typhoid
08-07-2004, 04:54 PM
Mine would be Queen, ( Gotta love " Bohemian Rhapsody" and "Fat Bottom girls", because they make the rockin world go 'round.)

Quiot Riot, Metallica, Run DMC, Aerosmith and im sure theres better bands i cant think of right now...but these will probably do for now.

DimHalo
08-07-2004, 05:07 PM
The bands I listened to (not necessarily considered good, but I like them):

Queen, Heart, Poison, Bon jovi, Culture Club, Paula Abdul, White Snake, New Kids on the Block, Metallica, Madonna, Brian Adams, Bruce Springsteen, Van Halen...

I guess the ones I would put in the top position would be:

Queen, White Snake and Bon jovi

Crash
08-07-2004, 05:09 PM
george michael, he's a classic! and then michael jackson... you guys missed the best!

Acebot44
08-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Michael Jackson, Eric B & Rakim, Run DMC, LL Cool J, Guns N Roses, and NWA.

DimHalo
08-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Oh wow

I can't believe I missed Michael Jackson and Guns n Roses

Fox 6
08-07-2004, 07:52 PM
Oh wow

I can't believe I missed Michael Jackson and Guns n Roses
Ya there were a lot of bands that were good in the 80's it's tough to name them all

DeathsHand
08-07-2004, 09:26 PM
I'm not big on the 80s... I'd say David Bowie, but from what I heard (Best of Bowie DVD), I'm not a big fan of his 80s stuff...

I saw The Cure last night in concert, so let's go with them...

ZebraRampage
08-08-2004, 12:25 AM
I only like Queen and David Bowie from the 80s..

Oh, I suppose some of Jethro Tull's stuff too, thought they're more a late 60s - 70s group.

Classic Rocker
08-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Motley Crue, Poison, Beastie Boys, Skid Row, Duran Duran, Van Halen, Warrant, Run DMC, Ozzy with Randy Rhoads, Iron Maiden, there are a ton.

KillerGremlin
08-17-2004, 04:00 AM
Beastie Boys - These guys had a major influence on pop culture.

Queen - Can you find Queen in bands like Dream Theater and Symphony X? I can. They were an important band in influencing a lot of moder day metal.

Kansas - Again, Kansas played a major roll in influencing modern day metal.

Iron Maiden - More Metal influencing

Metallica - The kings of thrash metal, up until ...And Justice For All, which wasn't a bad album, but was to progressive to keep the rank "thrash"

The Cure - Their goth sound helped shape a lot of modern day bands.

And some others.......The Police, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, Yngwie Malmsteen and Dio.

There are plenty more, but those are just some bands that come to my mind.

Oh, and how about Death? I'm not sure they had an album out int he 80's, but they were like the first Death Metal band. Good stuff too.