PDA

View Full Version : Important Announcement

Bond
07-12-2004, 02:17 PM
All of our current moderators have been laid off. I have decided that GameTavern needs a change of pace. Part of that change of pace involves new moderating positions. There will now be four moderators that moderate the entire forums. Three of these moderators will be selected by myself and one will be selected by you guys.

If you would like to apply for one of these new moderator positions you may post your application in this thread with your past experience and a brief paragraph as to why you would like the job. Anyone may apply.

-Bond

EDIT: The application period will be open for a week.

Jonbo298
07-12-2004, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't mind being a mod again. Already had previous work with computer and old school. But I'd like the job since I can check pretty often if needed, but there have only been rare cases where you have to use mod duties (as I've seen first hand in the past which I regret them happening). I've only had to excersize my abilities a few times which was handled well enough after a few attempts. But keep me in mind.

Dylflon
07-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Damn. I lost the contest forum.

Anyways, I suppose I'll apply.

Previous Experience: I've moderated the contest forum here and was a super mod at Electronic Gaming World after it was brought back from the dead briefly.

I would like this job because it would be good experience for when I make my site that will feature my production company's films on them. We plan to have a forum. If elected moderator, I promise to make fun summer games for all to enjoy in the contest forum.

Typhoid
07-12-2004, 03:50 PM
I'll apply.

I know people may not like me as much as others, but think about it, if you need something posted, and you cant post it, i can do it.
I mean, whos here more than me?
And i have slightly cleaned up my act a little bit too. :D
I have no past experience as amod, but you have to start somewhere, correct? Why not here and now?
But seriously, think logically, im here more than almost anyone else for the majority of the time i have been here, so I would seem like the obvious choice if something needs to be changed.

Also i would like to add, i wouldnt abuse the privalages, such as changing posts etc. Unless its absolutely neccessary, No i may not have experience as a mod, but everybody starts somewhere, so like i said, why not here and now?

gekko
07-12-2004, 04:27 PM
Damnit people, I want to see full resumes! :p

Jason1
07-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Um...am I the only one that is slightly pissed off by this? I mean, did we do anything wrong? I know for awhile there you were thinking about having us be required to post a news story or 2 each week, which I thought would be fine, but that never came about. We were told to try to make more activity in our forums, we did(at least I posted a few new topics). A change of pace was needed? How will this change anything at all, besides give us new moderators? I dont see this helping the boards anyways, thats for sure. Seems kinda pointless to me.

Vampyr
07-12-2004, 06:09 PM
In responce to Jason: It's not pointless. I think this is a good idea, even if I dont get my position back. There was way too many moderators...What's the point in having a forum where over half the people moderate them? It was just silly. While I did enjoy my moderator position, I felt the value of it wasn't as special anymore, because almost everyone was a moderator.

And yes, I am applying for a moderator position:
Resume: (hey, Gekko said so)

---------------------------------------

Zachary Wright
aka
Vampyr

Position Desired: GameTavern Moderator

Reason Desired: I want the position of GameTavern moderator because I feel that I was fully dedicated to my duties in previous experiances, and had an enjoyable time performing these duties. Being a moderator gives me a reason to stay on top of what's going on in gaming, and gives me incentive to research the latest news and media, so that not only I learn it, but so do my peers for which I am working for on GameTavern. Not only this, but I have an understanding of the rules and what is expected here at GT, and carry out actions to insure that they are followed. I am a very active member here, and can insure that these things are taken care of.

Education
Up to and including Sophomore year of High School

Training
As a previous GameTavern moderator

Employment History

GameTavern Moderator: Responcibilities include moderating the PS2 forums and the Writer's Guild forums. During my entire time of employment, I carried out my duties in an efficient, timely, and fair manor. I posted daily on the messege boards, and posted as much media and press releases as I could to keep them active. During my time as moderator, the Writer's Guild forum also saw an increased popularity, and I worked diligently to fill the Homepage with the latest news and media, along with reviews and editorials.

GamingNow! Writer: Responcibilities included posting as many news articles per day as I could, requiring no less than three, which I normally went above an beyond. I also wrote several quality reviews for the site's archive, and remained dedicate to the site into it's final days, being the only writer to do so.

References

Employment:

DarkMaster
GamingNow!
AIM: DarkMaster2X0

Neo
GameTavern.net
AIM: NeoJPC

Personal:

Crono
AIM: TenkanStar

Dyne
AIM: commencer3

Typhoid
MSN: rawkstar_21@hotmail.com

GameMaster
AIM: synthoidzeta

Note: I only included people as references who had public contact information, so as to not give out any information which they had not disclosed themselves.

---------------------------------------

[edit] Speaking of gekko...however cool that sig is, it's a tad too big, dont you think?

gekko
07-12-2004, 06:22 PM
Phantasy Star can never be too big. Just a big image, many of you have sigs that are actually bigger :p

Dylflon
07-12-2004, 06:52 PM
Thanks for not putting me as a personal contact, Vampyr :p.

I don't really care if I don't get a great mod position. I was happy with having the contest forum. I had big plans, people. Big!

I submit to you a proposition that I be not a full moderator, but an events organizer and contest forum mod.

Typhoid
07-12-2004, 07:42 PM
I would like to put in a good word for Dyne, he isnt here to request a spot, but im slightly sure he would want it.

I cant write a resume for him, but at least im getting his name out there...As well as mine. :cool:

Kitana85
07-12-2004, 08:25 PM
I kinda agree with Jason in that I wish we had been told this was going to happen before it happened, but I do think it will be a good idea to only have four mods... and no, I'm not reapplying.

Good luck to all who do.

Vampyr
07-12-2004, 08:33 PM
Thanks for not putting me as a personal contact, Vampyr :p.

I don't really care if I don't get a great mod position. I was happy with having the contest forum. I had big plans, people. Big!

I submit to you a proposition that I be not a full moderator, but an events organizer and contest forum mod.

Well, if you read my note at the bottom of my resume, you'll know why. heh. I only included people who provided contact information in their profile here on GT...and I was going to list you, but you didnt have your MSN or AIM or anything on your profile, and I didnt know if you would like that info to be given out, so I didnt put you down.

Sorry, but now you know why. :)

Hero2
07-12-2004, 09:23 PM
Id like to put in a good word for GM. I think he makes a good mod .

ZebraRampage
07-12-2004, 09:32 PM
I wouldn't mind being a moderator. I've been here more this year than ever before and I've been posting a lot more, but that's not why I should be a moderator. I would just enjoy the responsibility, and I'd always do my best to get the job done well. Recently I've been doing the music battle, and it started off slow, but after the first two battles I realized what I needed to do, and for the most part I think I've gotten it to run smoothly. I'd just like to give it a try for once.

Stonecutter
07-12-2004, 09:36 PM
I'm interested.

I was an admin at GameCube Central and I brought a bunch of people over here from over there when the old forms closed down (unfortunately few have stuck around.) Anybody who's still around from GCC can vouch for the fact that I'm tough but fair.

I'm not going to grovel for my position, but I will promise to cut down on a lot of the meaningless bull****.

Seth
07-13-2004, 12:13 AM
not interested.

I'd like to be a mod but I know I'd abuse my position. ;)

Have fun future mods.

GameMaster
07-13-2004, 12:37 AM
What a special surprise, wasn't expecting this. It's all good though, all though next time it might be nice to notify the employees just out of courtesy.

Is GameMaster going to enter the ring again? You sure bet he is! :) I applied once before this last time in my early days here and I didn't make the cut so this last time I was real happy and tickled when I landed a spot.

Now it's time to make my official third application for moderatorship at GameTavern. Let's my third time is a charm. ;)

GameTavern Employment Application

Name: GameMaster (GM for short)

Experience

I have been posting in forums since the year 2000. I became a member of GameTavern on April 15th, 2001. For a recent period time, I was a moderator alongside BlueFire for the General Talk board here. I also was a moderator for the resurrected Nintedose site a couple years ago.

Why I Would Like the Job

I like being a moderator at GameTavern because I enjoy the sense of responsibility it gives me in caring for and preserving a friendly, safe environment for gamers to post at with one another. I also enjoy exerting leadership behavior and helping new members become familiar with our site, etiquette, and techincal things like coding and using their avatars. I would like to use my placement as a team captain in the most recent Survivor game as an example of my leadership skills and ability to work well with others. GameTavern is a part of my life and I think because I have been here so long I deserve the privilege of being able to help contribute to it's maintenance and growth.

Ginkasa
07-13-2004, 01:33 AM
*would be so ticked if he was moderator prior to this*

*shrugs*

I'll apply, but only for the member chosen one, if that's possible. I moderated at the short lived "new" Nintendose a couple of years ago.

*shrugs and walks away*

gekko
07-13-2004, 11:05 AM
Wow, you guys have ****ty resumes. :p

Professor S
07-13-2004, 11:17 AM
What the hell, I'll throw my hat into the ring.

Most of you that have been around here for a while know who I am and the kind of guy I am (whether thats a good or bad thing, I have no idea :D)

I have some moderating experience:

FunXbox.com - Super Moderator (retired)

Purevideogames.net - Administrator (current position)

I've also written for Gametavern before (back when we though we were going to have a main page), FunXbox, and I'm curently writing for Purevideogames (whenever the site actually goes up, which would be nice)

While I am very opinonated as a member, I am much different as a moderator. I am tough, but fair, and I definitely make it a point to be unbiased and not let any past difficulties with members cloud my judgement.

I actually would love to get a moderating position, because then I would be able to remove myself from most of the controversy that goes on around here and simply make sure it doesn't get out of hand.

So there you have it. The Strangler for moderator: Compassionate Moderatism :D

TheGame
07-13-2004, 11:24 AM
I don't mind being let go because I know over the last 2 months I haven't been very active. So like Katana, I'm not reapplying.

Best of luck to the new staff.

But I'll post my history for the heck of it:

2 time moderator and 2 time supermoderator Funxbox.com
2 time moderator Nintendose.net
Longest lasting non-administrator at gametavern.net/.com :D

BlueFire
07-13-2004, 12:05 PM
I kinda agree with Jason in that I wish we had been told this was going to happen before it happened, but I do think it will be a good idea to only have four mods... and no, I'm not reapplying.

Good luck to all who do.
I really didn't care about not being told about this, but I am not reapplying either. :P

Jason1
07-13-2004, 05:13 PM
And I also will NOT be re applying.

ominub
07-13-2004, 05:18 PM
Let me be a mod :sneaky: I wont do anything wrong with my powers I promiss :D

Perfect Stu
07-13-2004, 07:30 PM
Im more of a forum-specific mod, like PS2, Dungeon or Sports. Since GT is swaying AWAY from the forum-specific mod system, I wont be reapplying.

I think I contributed enough to this forum as a mod...time for some new blood.

Typhoid
07-13-2004, 08:25 PM
Im more of a forum-specific mod, like PS2, Dungeon or Sports. Since GT is swaying AWAY from the forum-specific mod system, I wont be reapplying.

I think I contributed enough to this forum as a mod...time for some new blood.

And not to push it too much, but i could be that new blood. I need the experience, and if i do a bad job, i can just be fired, correct? I mean, I am here more than anyone else, so whats the harm?

This has been a Service annoncement brought to you by Typhoid.:p

I just pretty much want it for the sense of purpose, and knowing that im actually important. Plus i feel i would take well to, and like the responsibility.

I know there are others who are ahead of me because seignority obviously rules here, but still, it would be nice if i got selected.

(Um, when will we know who is selected, and when?)

Dylflon
07-13-2004, 08:37 PM
Hmmm. I thought more people would apply.

Okay, I will apply for full mod. I figure I should submit a proper application.

Name: Dylan Innes
Sex: Male

Previous experience:

-Super mod at the reincarnated elctronic gaming world forums.

-Writer at GamingNow.

-Moderator of the contest forum at GameTavern.

Reason I would like this job:

Having enjoyed many months at GameTavern, I would like to give something back to the community. I wish to use mod powers for good and make many fun games in the contest forum for all to enjoy.
Also, I am soon making a website featuring the work of my film production company which will have a forum. I would like to get mod experience because I believe it will be good practice for when I have to administrate my own forum.
(Even with my own forum, I will continue to post here.)

GameMaster
07-13-2004, 10:30 PM
I mean, I am here more than anyone else, so whats the harm?

You're not here more than anyone else. I'm here just as much as you if not more. You might make more posts per day but you're not here more.

Joeiss
07-13-2004, 11:42 PM
Make me a moderator. You'll probably regret it.

Typhoid
07-14-2004, 12:38 AM
You're not here more than anyone else. I'm here just as much as you if not more. You might make more posts per day but you're not here more.

Oops, ok then, thats what i meant anyways.:p

Im here as much, if not more than anyone else.

thatmariolover
07-14-2004, 01:24 AM
Howdy. I saw this thread when it was posted and have contemplated posting an application since. And as you can see, I've obviously elected to do so. Here we go:

Name: Eric Herr

I've been a moderator for Nintendose, and Gametavern (back in the day) and have written for both and several other gaming sites (which have since closed). Bond: You and I both remember I was an administrator at FunXbox for a day. And it should have been a lot longer. You and I both know why it wasn't.

I've got high posting standards and expectations. I am on the forums frequently and know what's what. :p I wouldn't ask for a terribly busy forum; I'm sure there are people on here that frequent the forums more often than me and would therefore be better suited to handle those. However, I would gladly take a forum or be a general mod to edit stuff when other mods miss something.

I think most people on here would vouch for me; maybe not. Anyway, think about it, PM me, we'll do lunch. :p

Vampyr
07-14-2004, 01:45 AM

But you get points deducted for being invisible. ;)

GameMaster
07-14-2004, 02:11 AM
But you get points deducted for being invisible. ;)

I'd like to put in a good word for Vampyr; he's dedicated, fair, and trustworthy. Even if he doesn't like invisible mode he's still a great guy. ;)

Swan
07-14-2004, 02:23 AM
Yes I second that motion.

I have question about the voter mod. The one that the people get to pick. Who gets to pick what forum they are the mod for?

Typhoid
07-14-2004, 02:25 AM
Yes I second that motion.

I have question about the voter mod. The one that the people get to pick. Who gets to pick what forum they are the mod for?

I think its just 4 general mods, that are the mods for the whole thing. However, i may be mistaken.

Swan
07-14-2004, 02:34 AM
I think its just 4 general mods, that are the mods for the whole thing. However, i may be mistaken.

Ok, thanks. Good to know.

WOOOOOO 100 :D :D :D

Vampyr
07-14-2004, 03:45 AM
It's hard to put in "good word" for a few people, because nearly everone applying is well deserving.

I would like to give my special good luck wishes and suppor to GameMaster, Dylflon, and Typhoid though.

GameMaster is possibly the most active member on the boards...ever. He would be like an invisible ninja, stricking down spammers and flamers in their tracks. Hiiiya!

Dylflon is also a very active poster, and a very organized person. I myself would rest easier in my bed at night knowing he was in charge of all the events in the contest forum, and that he was watching my back for any "bad guys" that might get away from me on the forums. ;)

And Typhoid is the new guy. He started off as a newbie who didnt know a thing about being a respectable poster. But I think he deserves credit for learning so quickly and adapting the etique that we GTers are so used to. He may have the highest post count since DeathsHand...but that just means he always has something to say, and he's always here to say it. No too mention his account has shown a large intake of reputation since it's creation, proving that post count isnt everything. And since he's ALWAYS here, it would be like having a 24/7 mod machine.

And if Dyne is reapplying (I figure he would), then he gets my thumbs up too. I dont want to get too detailed, because I'm not sure if he wants the job or not. lol

And good luck to everyone else to...

Canyarion
07-14-2004, 10:27 AM
Only 4 mods eh? ...

I'm available, but perhaps someone else has more time. :)

mickydaniels
07-14-2004, 11:43 AM
A moderator? I'm sure I could do it.

Oh wait, I've been here more than 3 years without even getting 500 posts.

Jonbo298
07-14-2004, 12:19 PM
I think Dyne keeps his job anyways. I think he does some of the art here and there for the site and needs access to test it or whatever

Dylflon
07-14-2004, 01:21 PM
Yeah, Dyne already has privelages. I'm trying to get his ass in gear and get him to start making some new layouts and such. Gametavern is long overdue for a remodeling.

Typhoid
07-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Yeah, Dyne already has privelages. I'm trying to get his ass in gear and get him to start making some new layouts and such. Gametavern is long overdue for a remodeling.

Why, i for one kinda like it the way it is....what exactly would need to be changed? :confused:

ZebraRampage
07-14-2004, 02:16 PM
Why, i for one kinda like it the way it is....what exactly would need to be changed? :confused:

The color scheme. I miss the old colors when I first came here. Wasn't it black and a dark red, or something like that? I just realized today that we have two other color schemes down at the bottom of the page. They're okay, I prefer the gray, black, and white one better than the other one, but the white font doesn't work too well with the light gray in those certain spots.

GameMaster
07-14-2004, 02:20 PM
I think Dyne keeps his job anyways. I think he does some of the art here and there for the site and needs access to test it or whatever

He's also the arcade maintenance guy.

Typhoid
07-14-2004, 02:31 PM
I just realized today that we have two other color schemes down at the bottom of the page. .

I just noticed those now that you said it, and the "Child of new gametavern" one is alright, it looks different, but nifty.

EDIT: I noticed that everything, like buttons looks sort of cut out, and unnatural..eeewww.. :p

gekko
07-14-2004, 02:44 PM
That's cause the default vB3 icons are made with their own bg color at the matte.

BreakABone
07-14-2004, 03:55 PM
I would like to apply let's see current resume..

Saved 3 old women from a burning building.

Took time before class one day to rescue a kitty from a tree.

Helped an elderly couple cross the street this morning.

I planted some trees in a nearby park.

I read to some kids at the library.

I help out at the old folks home.

As you can see I am a well meaning member of society, and you want that reflected in your... *Looks over paper*.. er I guess applying for mod.

As you folks probably guess, not really applying. Heck, haven't landed the job before, why try now?

Kitana85
07-14-2004, 05:18 PM
The color scheme. I miss the old colors when I first came here. Wasn't it black and a dark red, or something like that? I just realized today that we have two other color schemes down at the bottom of the page. They're okay, I prefer the gray, black, and white one better than the other one, but the white font doesn't work too well with the light gray in those certain spots.

ANYTHING beats the Pink and Purple thing they had going for a while towards the beginning of GT ;)

ZebraRampage
07-14-2004, 06:01 PM
ANYTHING beats the Pink and Purple thing they had going for a while towards the beginning of GT ;)

Though I wasn't here to see that, I believe someone took a picture of it and posted it on Gametavern around the time that I registered. It was pretty bad..

Typhoid
07-14-2004, 07:55 PM
So when will we find out? I hate to repeat myself, but i slightly go ignored often, coincidence maybe? naw.

But when will the announcements, if you will, take place?

Vampyr
07-14-2004, 08:01 PM
So when will we find out? I hate to repeat myself, but i slightly go ignored often, coincidence maybe? naw.

The application period will be open for a week.

:unsure:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we'll know after that.

jeepnut
07-14-2004, 10:41 PM
Though I wasn't here to see that, I believe someone took a picture of it and posted it on Gametavern around the time that I registered. It was pretty bad..

See attachment in my post on this page. I believe that is what you are talking about.

http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7132&page=2&pp=15

Jason1
07-14-2004, 11:27 PM
I actually kind of like Child of new Gametavern.

GameMaster
07-15-2004, 12:57 AM
When will the public election take place, if I may so kindly inquire?

Jonbo298
07-15-2004, 06:11 AM
See attachment in my post on this page. I believe that is what you are talking about.

http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7132&page=2&pp=15

ahh, the ol days where I only had 1 star and angrist only had 3500 posts

Kitana85
07-15-2004, 12:16 PM
ahh, the ol days where I only had 1 star and angrist only had 3500 posts
Actually, I was thinking of the purple background with the pink and purple graffiti logo,
That one was pretty bad though
but truthfully, I really do like the current one-- the black, maroon, and gray

Neo
07-15-2004, 12:52 PM
Actually the 1st color scheme was a yellow/green as I recall. Our new ones are works in progress. We may develop them more or purchase a snappy pre-made one. There are a couple I have my eye on.

And for the election, we're thinking about doing one every 4 months or so. At the end of the term the mod can either get re-elected or someone else can fill his shoes.

Neo
07-15-2004, 01:23 PM

Whenever Bond decides. He's getting input from me and two of you have already been decided on. We're weighing the pros and cons for everyone else.

BreakABone
07-15-2004, 01:28 PM
Whenever Bond decides. He's getting input from me and two of you have already been decided on. We're weighing the pros and cons for everyone else.

Please tell me a finalist!

If I'm not, you are going against everything that is right in this world, and you don't want to do that! :D

Vote Penguin 2020! :cool:

ZebraRampage
07-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Please tell me a finalist!

If I'm not, you are going against everything that is right in this world, and you don't want to do that! :D

Vote Penguin 2020! :cool:

You've got my vote ;)

Bond
07-15-2004, 08:46 PM
When will the public election take place, if I may so kindly inquire?
The day the first three moderators are selected.

Everything is really done right now, but there is a problem that has to be sorted out before the moderators can be named.

DarkMaster
07-16-2004, 12:16 PM
I would like to apply for the position of Admin. I think Bond is a tyrant, and personally I feel he could do a better job as one.

As Admin of GT, I will ensure nothing and will act accordingly. Also I think we should rename the forums, something like DarkMaster's House of Awesomeness, oh man that would rule.